Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

First car you ever drove??

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
valium
BraMan

Re: First car you ever drove??

Post by valium »

OH YEAH!

my moms car, the seats and everything are green as the car (exept for the evil yellow dots. fear the dots :mad:)

she chose the color of the car and seats not cos she liked em, but because practically no one else would drive that. isn't being an individual fun?

luckily for me i had drivers-ed in a New Beetle, and last year i bought me a fiat punto

saving up for one o' these tho'

AcdTrip
hit n run

Post by AcdTrip »

my dad's car Image but it was a golden one :smile:
Your Father Wanted To Use Computers To Free The Body From The Brain!!
- We like to use automobiles -
Vermilionvirus
turbo bastard

Post by Vermilionvirus »

1988 olds delta 88. It was burgundy with burgundy interior. My parents actually gave it to me, but the thing they didn't tell me was that the condensor from the air conditioning had been dripping down on the front sub frame for years, and had rusted a hole about the size of my fist. It was a real shame too, because even after nearly 250k miles, the 3.8L still pulled harder than any v6 i've ever seen. I sold it for $80, but ill never forget it.

I'm trying to find one, but every one i've looked at so far has had the same problem.

workin on gettin a brown pinto that's down the street, guy says $300, i say $200, ill know by thursday. then the 2.3 is gettin a ported aluminum head, efi, and a turbo setup from a thunderbird turbo coupe.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Sez V.V.:

"workin on gettin a brown pinto that's down the street"

YEAH!! Hot rod Pinto!!! Fuck yeah!

Just make sure that the piece of plastic has been installed between the fuel tank and the four bolts on the differential carrier housing. If not, make one for sure out of ABS plastic. THICK plastic... Ford HAD to do this via recall *(The recall is still valid)* after a lot of people died in fires that resulted from rear-end collisions that caused the gas tank to be pushed up onto those four bolts which ruptured the tank, causing the entire contents to empty in under one minute.

The tank is located only six inches from the rear bumper. Time to get one of those corny "Baby on Board" stickers and modify it so it says "Bomb on Board" :grin:

You're a welder-so you could also put a tubular safety cage around the tank as well. Prolly a good idea.

That 2.3 is one helluva good German-built engine. No less than FIVE main bearings onnat sucker!

I had a couple Pintos (including the notorious '71 "Molotov" model!) and a '78 Mercury Bobcat wagon which was just a Pinto wagon with a little more class. Same kickass 2300 motor, tho.

I'd LOVE to get ahold of another Pinto!

***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

Whoah whoah whoah... you sold an 88 Delta for $80 shit son, we paid over 200 for a 89 LeSabre...

Anybody on this board that wants to sell a shitty (running and moving, thank you) car for under 250, near and surrounding Toronto area, we have a car trailer and will take it off your hands, and then you'll get some nice pics/vids of what happened to it, it's win win. Seriously.

Or anyone around the Mount Forest/Shelbourne area.

This is Canada. btw.
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Those Delta 88s and LeSabres are awesome. I still see plenty of those old boats on the road. The ones in the junkyard always have over 200k miles on them. The engine bay has got to be the roomiest I've ever seen in a V6 FWD. I wish I had one. My friend has one and it's an awesome car.
Vermilionvirus
turbo bastard

Post by Vermilionvirus »

yeah db, didn't they have the same problem on some mustangs? I'll probably throw a fuel cell in anyway. I'll probably do a rear end swap too, because my truck ranger has a 4:11, and i need a better gear for all the highway driving i do, i need to measure it, but i hope they'll be a direct swap. I might even go for a cam if i can get away with it. I'll have the cash. A neighbor down the street said he would give me the turbo and all the wiering harnesses from his turbo coupe that he totalled. I just had to put a bike togeather for his kid and take the parts i want.

I'm hoping for 300 horse, but i don't know if ill get there. Either way, its gonna be fast and no one suspects a brown pinto.

Evil Blarg
road raged psycho

Post by Evil Blarg »

I dunno yet, actually. I suspect it's gonna be '65 Shelby Mustang GT-350... But I've been wrong before.

Check who’s online