Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

YESSSS!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Buzz
road raged psycho

Re: YESSSS!

Post by Buzz »

i still havnt done anything to it :sad: im gonna start looking for a clean bed tho, as that one is trashed inside(it used to have a camper)
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

Nice truck!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

AAAAAH! V6 swap is too much of a hassle right now-so I reckon that motor'll sit around and I'll get to it this winter.

Meantime, I'm in the process of puttin' a new cylinder head on the 2.0L that's already in there.

Got the old one off and found the root cause of that goddamned misfire it's had forever and ever.

Nice hairline cracks between the intake and exhaust valves on cyls #2,3,and 4.

So THAT's where ma damn coolant has been goin'!

Right out the friggin' exhaust.

OK, so I found a new head with cam/rockers/lifters/valves already in it for $345 US.

New head studs and bolt for $100 US.

'Bout 6 days from now she oughtta be purrin'.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Evil Blarg
road raged psycho

Post by Evil Blarg »

I've got an uncle who collect American motor... things - mainly Harleys. But he's got a truck like that. Ex-army truck. It's still got the camo and it sits high on it's wheels.

I'd get ya a picture of it, but he lives quite a way out of the middle and I don't see him that much.

It's pretty cool though, the truck's running on a V8, if I'm not mistaken, and looks real mean with the camo. Everyone just bolts outta the way and you get some serious respect.

Add to that my uncle (a man who wears clogs with flames on the sides to a bikeclub meeting) and my heavy-metal-hippy-self sitting in the cab... best pull over.

On a different note: I told my brother in law I wanted some pix of his car to post here, a limited edition Golf GTI (I think I recall him saying there were but 5 in Holland), but he won't let me take the pix before he's made everything clean and shiny.

He won't admit it, but he loves that car.
JayGryph
driver

Post by JayGryph »

Since this is the "my car" thread. Here's what I'm drivin' now.

One of the lesser known 60's cars, a 1969 AMC Ambassador SST 2dr w/ 443 V8. Nobody has ever seen one before and it goes. I like that in a car.

More pics of it here:

www.velvetdragon.com/frames/other/whatn ... index.html

JayGryph
driver

Post by JayGryph »

On the other hand, I want to sell the Ambassador and get my normal car back on the road (bad heads) A 1969 Ford Galaxie 500 Country Sedan station wagon (That I bought for a dollar a few years ago, happy day!)

I was asking 1k for the Ambassador now that it's all cleaned up (much improved since pics, which were taken when I got it home.) *shrug* Some AMC nut out there has to want one.
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

On that Ambassador, is that wood panelling along the lower section there? :shock:
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Wow, I like your wagon.
JayGryph
driver

Post by JayGryph »

Yes, yes it is. Actually it's just a heavy duty vinal wood grain decal like station wagons have down their sides. It'd be a very plain car without it. That's part of the optional SST package.
JayGryph
driver

Post by JayGryph »

An' thanks for the compliment. I like it quite a bit. Has very good visibility with all that glass, and rides smooth as if the road were glass. I wouldn't mind putting the Lincoln 460 in it, but that's a bit more of a project and would be a big of a beast to fuel....melt the back tires though :P

Check who’s online