Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

CrashDay!! :D

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

Just so you all know:

http://www.moonbyte.de/pages_e/crashday/thegame.htm

All i can say is, WHOOOOOOO!!!
- Straight From My Realm Of My Underground Madness!! -
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Re: CrashDay!! :D

Post by Mad Max RW »

The maps look kinda terrible. By terrible I mean really really flat and boring. The cars look cool, though.
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

duh! read the website.

It's in pre-alpha stage.

"The PC game is comparable with "Carmageddon" (SCI) and

"Stunts" (Distinctive Software); mostly because Crashday's gameplay

also concentrates on realistic stunt physics, absolute freedom of

movement and the ability to create custom maps with a powerful

track editor."
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Hey it looks fuckin great... dont care about 'flatness' much :smile:
PumaY2K out.

Savage-Elve
road raged psycho

Post by Savage-Elve »

There's something in the atmosphere of the levels wich i really like.

Don't shoot me, i'm just the piano player.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

shit... looks fun indeed!
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

The video doesn't look that bad, it also doesn't look that great. Cars do have some nice damage effect but then there is the hummer (in the video) and it's floating wheels. The world lack something and it's not very visualy good. Now granted you can say yeah this is alpha, uhuh so maybe there is hope that will change. (however I can think of a handful of car games that never get done fully so)

With todays highend computer and games that make use of that at this point this game just falls short (sure game play counts for something but you have to get me to want to play first and that takes looks)
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

thanks for the reminder Rave...nearly completely forgot about this game....last time it was previed i d/l the fly by f the map which looked interesting....seems interesting... keep us informed bro :wink:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

that looks frigging awsome... still just a Alpha, it looks good enought for me at the moment
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

OK, since it is an alpha I'll retract my previous statement. It's never good to judge a game based on an early build. Kinda like saying a game is garbage because the concept art is in black and white. Retail might look totally different. It might turn out great, it might turn out a steaming pile of crap.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

hope it isnt the second one "it might turn out a steaming pile of crap"
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Defcon
hit n run

Post by Defcon »

this game seem to promess!

it's a pity it doesn't have a relese date!!!
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

i would actualy say its better... then they have enought time to complete the game rather then relise it unfinnished... like C2 and TDR and the most newer games... but the bad thing is that they might never relise it
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

i wonder if the cars will end up having interiors.. probably wouldnt, the only thing i like about that is complete window smashing hehe.

they still look alright though, photo real textures is good, damage textures can be a good thing if used wisely, carmageddon shoulda had them along with detachables, and yeah you can make a car use damage textures in C2 i know.. but there probably isnt enough room to have 2 or 3 levels (a light hit makes a light dent, hit again you'll reach the next level of damage..) since you are limited to 100 tif files.
Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

WHO CARES about graphics, when the forum we're all posting in is dedicated to Carmageddon 2?!?!?!- seeriously, even if the game really did look like it does in pre-alpha, it still looks countless times better than c2, and will probably have a better (e.i. you flip in stead of slide, and gravity is apparent) physics engine, with better damage modeling, and they're DEVELOPING the game around being modified- it's on the first page of the site for cryin out loud- this game is fucking awesome. okay i'm done. :crazy:

edit- this just popped into my head when i read "damagemaps"- this game might be what we were hoping tdr was going to be you guys...
What's Carmageddon?
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

It just seems pointless racing around hitting each other without peds or crazy looking tracks. Nothing will ever be as good as Carmageddon. Noone has the balls to take it on and CrashDay doesn't come close.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

Max... ya just blew my last hopes of a new carma to bits :sad:
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

But he is kinda right... just hope that CrashDay doesnt finish up like a Burnout clone...
PumaY2K out.

Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

you're very right about the pedestrians :crazy:, but the damage looks AMAZING though, and i'm sure some pretty crazy traks will eventually be made.
What's Carmageddon?
Boomer
mechanic

Post by Boomer »

Posted by Mad MAx

It just seems pointless racing around hitting each other without peds or crazy looking tracks. Nothing will ever be as good as Carmageddon. Noone has the balls to take it on and CrashDay doesn't come close

You are wrong there Mad Max, you don't just race around hitting each other, you can also blow each other up with the equipped weapons, and buy new weapons etc... It is a Great Game, I'll try to get some more, interesting information for yous tomorrow.

-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

Don't mind me asking, And you are.... ?
Boomer
mechanic

Post by Boomer »

I am god, would you like to know more? lol

seriously tho I will have more information tomorrow.
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

What kind of weapons? I don't wanna get too excited for a game that's still pre-Beta. Besides, I JUST got Carma 2 working again with custom cars and I probably won't care about anything else for a while.
Boomer
mechanic

Post by Boomer »

Raven X I am actually a beta tester of Crash Day, the game is coming along very well, Max some of the weapons consist of a rocket launcher and a machine gun, there are lots of ramps, hills, and other things, to launch your car off of, also the game will have a map eidtor. There is alot of untold information due to the NDA contract I signed :wink:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

the game sounds more like a mix of... the Interstate games and carmageddon series :cool:

hmm... i want to have the ol interstate76 again... thats sutch a cool game (never liked the new one tho)
-[ Raven-X ]-
kill boss

Post by -[ Raven-X ]- »

Ohw neat Boomer, keep us posted :lol:

Or post a copy :P hehe.
Boomer
mechanic

Post by Boomer »

I have a little more information for yous. The cars will have transparent windows, showing the interior, also you will be able to play online (against other people across the world) also the tracks will have more detail, in later builds of the game.

hope thats enough to tie yous over for a little while :wink:
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Post by Mad Max RW »

Kruszchev I totally agree.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

"(e.i. you flip in stead of slide, and gravity is apparent) "

well i agree that c2 has pretty cruddy gravity, but i still get quite a lot of nice rolls!

like this:

http://wave.prohosting.com/carwreck/disintagration.MOV - u can download, tis only 267kb and like 7 secs long

if the bounding box on the car is setup right and the rest of the cars psychics its going to flip/roll good usually.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

hehe! that clip is priceless item! :lol:
Powdered Toast MAAAN!!
12 Cyl Symphony

Post by Powdered Toast MAAAN!! »

I have loadsa rolls too! hehe... But, question!! How in the hell did you get the compression so high? My shortest movie is like 4 secs and is like 2 megs!
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

rolling 24/7 that car... :grin:

was thinking about the BBOX setting... can ya explain a little how ya made the shape of it... or did ya have a hig centre of mass... cuz that can also create rollings like that, just take a look at freddys Volvo 240 wagon banger (The red one...)
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

or you could give it suspension like your bitch, and then try and turn at a high speed :smile:
random_monkey
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

"I have loadsa rolls too! hehe... But, question!! How in the hell did you get the compression so high? My shortest movie is like 4 secs and is like 2 megs!"

i use manual camera.. and i just click on a solid object like a street or a building or what have you near what i want to record, for some reason the clips come out lower quality,.. if you dont lock the cam onto a car or a ped. i also set it up so it doesnt pu thtat stupid carmagedon screen on the oopening/ending by fooling around in options.txt
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

Yup, using solid spot means that most of the pixels stay same in the movie clip. (Only the pixels of the moving car change)

Check who’s online