Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Different Types Of RAM

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Xarathatin
hit n run

First step is completly FINISHED, read on.....

Post by Xarathatin »

Ok Guys I think this update is the update that you all have been waiting for. The AI is finished. Yep that is right. I have finished the AI that truly adapts itself to the user. I have gotten my patent : ), and I am now working on the game engine. Let me tell you a little about this AI sence it was not only designed for this game project. AI abilities: 1. Always improving it
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Re: First step is completly FINISHED, read on.....

Post by -Bandit- »

3 cheers for XarathatinHip Hip HorrayHip Hip HorrayHip Hip Horrayp.s. you know your name is damn hard to remember how to spell
willB0T
Stainless

Post by willB0T »

wow
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

VERY nice! I've been kind of wondering if you were still with us... I've sent you about a dozen E-Mail's and gotten no response. I wish you all the success in the world with this AI program. Now, I just need a change of luck & some success of my own. LOLDean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

Thanks guys for the replies. I have devoted a long time into this AI, I do not want to take full credit for it. It is a joint project between myself and my gf, I cannot wait to show it off : ) JP: I have been so busy i have not had time to check my email but my Loki@leetmods or my Xarathatin@gdnmail.net are (as far as I know ) still working. gota run busy busy busy LaterXar
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by Xarathatin:I have devoted a long time into this AI, I do not want to take full credit for it. It is a joint project between myself and my gf, I cannot wait to show it off : ) I can't wait to give it a try! But, maybe thats just me. Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

What I do not have time for is the Physics(sp?) of this. Some new things have arose and I am trying to take are of them right now. I will also be trying to do a weekly update to my current situation. JP: you and I both. Right now I am working on the AI for C2, Damn It adapts well to that Physics Engine. I have high hopes for the new engine we will be creating. Once the AI is complete with c2 I will release it as a Patch to the current c2, giving you better run for your money. I know I love a good challenge when I play. Later, Xara
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Different Types Of RAM

Post by IR2H-Core »

Alright, I got a few questions for ya'll. First is How do I tell the difference from Ram Chips, like from DDRAM SDRAM, an w/e else their is. I have 3 Chips, 1 that came with My PC(64MB), an 2 from another PC, 1 is 32MB an the other is 64, they say DIMM on them, an the 1 in my PC doesn't say DIMM it says SYNC or womthin like that, so How do I know what is what, an what would happen if I plugged both 64MBs in an they weren't the same?
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Re: Different Types Of RAM

Post by IR2H-Core »

btw where it says 64MB or 32MB it's on stickers, an the 1 that says 32MB says 4Mx64 SDRAM right on the chip(just found it) so is it really 64MB? an the other 64MB(not the 1 from my PC) doesn't seem 2 say anyinthin on it like the 32, but the 64MB an the 32 were from the same PC, so I figure they have 2 be compatible, right?
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

Well this isn't the best place to ask, a computer forum would be better suited. I don't think DDR comes in anything under 128MB (and it probally doesn't fit in PC100/133 slots) If the comps are not new'ish they probally just have SDRAM in PC100 or PC133 form, PC133 is backword concadable to if you stick it with a PC100 chip that is that it will run at. BTW 64MB is ungodly low, heck 128MB is ungodly low, 256MB is a good start but 512MB would be better
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Post by IR2H-Core »

ya I know 64 is low, an I got the 64 an the 32 chip free, so it's ok. but if I was 2 buy some RAM, I'm Dropping all I have an Goin for 512 DDRAM, no bullcrap inbetween! an how do I tell if it's PC100 or PC133? an whats the diff? an ya the PCs are both old, the 1 I use is roughly 99-00, an the 1 I got the Ram from is roughly 97-99, Both are Crappy Compaq PCs.
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

Hmz best way I could think of would be stick one it by it's self look in the bios and see if it says or run a app like Sandra.

Keep in mind you can't slap DDR ram in a motherboard that doesn't support it. so you need to check the spec's on your board. (or upgrade) (btw DDR ram isn't cheap as where PC133 is uber cheap)
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

yeah... ddr aint cheap at all... just keep in mind to check the specs on the motherboard if ya gonna buy one... DDR is a little more advanced to find the right memory type to (ya know avaivability whit AMD processor if ya have one, the diffirent types there are... like pc2100 to pc3100 i think is the higest (the higer nr=the better but more expensive... and yes im talking about DDR memorys) but also check out wich types of ddr ,memorys the motherboard supports, or else it wont work)
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
RavageWolf
hit n run

Post by RavageWolf »

You gonna hafta buy a whole new motherboard to support DDR (Double Data Rate) ram. Meaning you hafta buy a motherboard to support it.

Wait i'm a boner... Noodlez just said that...
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

RavageWolf, I did?

RavageWolf
hit n run

Post by RavageWolf »

Yeah, you mentioned you can't slap DDR ram into a motherboard that dosen't support it.
Noodlez
road raged psycho

Post by Noodlez »

Oh I thought you ment I called you a bonner. damm this being sick has my mind not working at all,
IR2H-Core
turbo bastard

Post by IR2H-Core »

Ya I popped her in she works, but now I'm jus gonna go buy some anyway, probably 2x256MB SDRAM DIMM Ram, so alls good now

Check who’s online