Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The buggy is nearly finished :D

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Synetearis
turbo bastard

Post by Synetearis »

Wow! Absolutely great fabrication. Very nice welding aswell,.. and the exhaust manifold plumbing.. gorgeous.

you have some great skills. And shortenimg gearboxes to get the weight distribution right,.. heh thats some pro sh8t...

Heh, i was pretty proud after i did my first engine swap (1.2 to 2.0) but this is the real deal!
Rippthrough
hit n run

Post by Rippthrough »

Fired it up early hours of this morning :D
Rippthrough
hit n run

Post by Rippthrough »

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Your dog is certainly getting mouths of that exhaust, sounds good that engine, no putters and a really nice sound on it too.
Rippthrough
hit n run

Post by Rippthrough »

I thought it sounded terrible on the video, reason I only did a short snap of it :D

Phone camera picks up a small vacuum leak and little else, it's very deep and growly exhaust note to it, will get a video once it's back running again, I kinda slipped with the spanners this morning:

Rippthrough
hit n run

Post by Rippthrough »

Anyway, getting away from oily bits, engine internals, CV's and all the mechanical bits, and off to some of my famously terrible Paint skills:

I'm not sure I like it, but it looks a lot better than all just flat red - I am open to suggestions, especially if anyone wants the original larger image to do a better PS/Paint attempt. Ignore the red mudguard top mounts, just the selection tool gone rogue. (Rouge? :P )

The louvers were supposed to be red on top and silver underneath but it went terribly wrong :D
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Wow what a bug! =D
Rippthrough
hit n run

Post by Rippthrough »

Oily bits back together:

Rippthrough
hit n run

Post by Rippthrough »

Well, that's one (still needs it fibreglass skin, has a thin* balsa layer at the minute to form the cloth over and it's allowed me to foam fill the leading and trailing edges for dent resistance)....

On to the always growing list of 'additional shit we shouldn't touch until it's finished but we're probably going to do anyway' - the front mudguard mountings tubes are going, they were originally left separate to the damper mounts so no damage occurred to the suspension if a mudguard got ripped off, but we've worked out a smaller, neater way to do it which gets that curved tube out of the equation. Should be lighter, look a lot neater and gets the tube out of the way of the wing endplates.

Oh yes, you can also see she's sporting some shiny new nerf rails down the sides, to go with the new front bumper that's in progress.

Good for bouncing off trees, rocks and mowing down small children.

*So thin you can see the ribs through it, saves at least 10 vital grams of weight! ;)

Check who’s online