Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

OH MY GOD, IT CAME OUT TODAY!!!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Oh man!!! The very first trailer came out for a need for speed underground spiritual successor game, made by EA, YES! Been waiting for a new one since 2004, and this one is TRIPLE A!

Those are in-game graphics too!!! AMAZING.
deadsheep
hit n run

Post by deadsheep »

I'm digging the fact that they went with real-world bodykits & the likes, not the horrendous repetitive ones that were on previous games (Underground 1& 2, Carbon, Undercover, etc).

Graphics seem pretty nice, but who knows, teasers are tricky and they only show the best looking parts, and with all that motion blur and shaky camera...

I just hope they don't screw up the most important part: gameplay.

Now, this is personal opinion, but I really, really freaking hate the 'drift to turn' technique they've been using since Criterion Games (and now Ghost Games) took over the games (Hot Pursuit 2010, Most Wanted 2012 and Rivals 2013).

The only game I like with that "drift to turn" strategy is Burnout Paradise, where the cars feel much lighter, and easier to turn, even though you still drift to take all these corners.

In HP 2010, cars felt like 5 ton boats when trying to steer, in MW 2012 they were generally unpredictable and the steering response was very delayed, it was painful trying to avoid the oncoming traffic even at a slow speed. Rivals, slightly better in my opinion, but it is still the same thing...

The Run had an OKish handling (again, my personal opinion), no annoying 'drift to turn', although pretty much everything else about the game sucked.

So I'll just sit here and patiently wait, meanwhile I got Carmageddon: Reincarnation and Grand Theft Auto V to play with :)

Maybe, just maybe, EA won't fuck up this time. Which, after all these repeated fuck ups, is something I find hard to believe, so yeah. I'm going to stay away from Pre-Order, that's for sure. Who knows, maybe this will be the first NFS I buy after so many years!

Also special thanks to piracy for saving me a good couple of bucks, tried HP 2010, MW 2012 and Rivals 2013 and damn am I glad I didn't buy them! Near instant uninstall!

They should really bring game demos back!
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Yeah yeah yeah.....but will it be 'fun'? That's what I want to know.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Sorry but this must be posted here

[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

It's too perfect Razor !
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

I could get used to that camera (although it makes me feel dizzy a little) but apparently it's an optional "action cam". I like what i'm seing and the customization looks promising.
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Post by Freeride Forever »

Is this legitimate stoke for that obsolete POS that we've all seen like 100 times (give or take)? You're joking right? Sarcasm? LOL, yeah a damage model that offers no more than cracked windows & scuff marks & a world with nothing & no one in it. Gee I sure do hope that it's always night time too. You know I liked all the custom in the Undergrounds. I spent quite a bit of time tweakin' & pimpin'. Much more than I actually spent PLAYING THE GAME!!!! You know why? Of course you do. Seems to say a lot about a game when hoppin' around through menus & shit is more fun/interesting than actually playing. :s
Wilbur Cobb
mechanic

Post by Wilbur Cobb »

Outta the way, this is a Trackmania Turbo thread, now

FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Trackmania turbo also looks super fun, i cant wait to play it along with the new Mirror's Edge Catalyst too. Night time with rain is probably my most favorite weather in games atm.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I love the original Trackmania, unfortunately none of the other games have grabbed my attention :(
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk

Check who’s online