Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Any quadcopter pilots here?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

Starring DJI Phantom 1 (me), Blade 350QX, DJI F550, Tarot 680

Did 2 new Flytrex personal bests - max altitude149 meter and max speed 61.94 km/h :D

Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

The other day sunset at the elbe...

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

No photo from the quad ? lol.

Nice sunset photo even though no sun :P

Whats happin'd there is that smoke or something ?.
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

lemonrev wrote:No photo from the quad ? lol.

Nice sunset photo even though no sun :P

Whats happin'd there is that smoke or something ?.

No smoke :) Here's a "making of" ;)

Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

Filmed with my GoPro Hero 3 black at harksheide and south of the elbe. First copter is a DJI F450 Clone Frame with EMAX 4in1 ESC + MT2213, standard 10x4,5er props. APM 2.6 flight control with gps - the one with the rough landing ;)

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

I am loving the height your able to get out of these craft, but i would think you would need a battery every time you sent it up that high ?

but great work on the capture of your other quad and for those other shots.
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

lemonrev wrote:I am loving the height your able to get out of these craft, but i would think you would need a battery every time you sent it up that high ?

but great work on the capture of your other quad and for those other shots.

Thx :)

BTW: 237 meters alt south of the Elbe :D

I'm using 2200mAh lipos (8-9 minutes) - but with 2700 or 4000 accus you'll have more flight time...

Highlights 2014...

Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

Here's the clip from my 230+ meters alt flight...

watch in the new youtube mode 1080p60 - 60 FPS
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Finally got my Quad built a couple of weeks ago - only managed to get out and fly it once which was sorta successful apart from landing upside down. Only damage was a bent prop luckily!

Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

light at its core Shane maybe something to video tape it ?. And then go out for some fun when you make time for your self :)
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

Here's my latest! A lil' Diatone #17 230 FPV frame, currently horribly overloaded with full Naza Lite +GPS +LED! Once I've actually had it airborne a bit, I'll prolly strip out the GPS and LED and see how it behaves less encumbered! It's only had two short flights so far, the first one being an unexpected indoor take-off from the workbench, when I powered it up and it immediately took off and attacked me, stripping all its props off against my defending hands and arms!

[img][/img]
I was in the war.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

nobby wrote:Here's my latest! A lil' Diatone #17 230 FPV frame, currently horribly overloaded with full Naza Lite +GPS +LED! Once I've actually had it airborne a bit, I'll prolly strip out the GPS and LED and see how it behaves less encumbered! It's only had two short flights so far, the first one being an unexpected indoor take-off from the workbench, when I powered it up and it immediately took off and attacked me, stripping all its props off against my defending hands and arms!
N-Nobby, i clicked your quadcopter pic and it took me to your photobucket, then i noticed something out of the corner of my eye... what is this beauty...? C-can i play with it?
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

Haha! That's the original "New" Eagle that was in all the early builds of Carma: R. We eventually all agreed it was pretty poor and we needed a much better Eagle. I was trying to find an image of it to post a while back when it was discussed on one of the Streams, but couldn't find any!

I'd be happy to release it for you to play with - but would rather do so after the game launches as I don't want to cause any confusion before then by having a "rejected" bit of Stainless Carma work out in the wild wide world!

Edit: P.S. THREAD HIJACK!!!
I was in the war.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

nobby wrote:Haha! That's the original "New" Eagle that was in all the early builds of Carma: R. We eventually all agreed it was pretty poor and we needed a much better Eagle. I was trying to find an image of it to post a while back when it was discussed on one of the Streams, but couldn't find any!

I'd be happy to release it for you to play with - but would rather do so after the game launches as I don't want to cause any confusion before then by having a "rejected" bit of Stainless Carma work out in the wild wide world!

I would absolutely LOVE to play with that Eagle, it's so gorgeous! Other people in the chat dont seem to like it much, but i cant stop ogling it =D
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

Don't worry - just remind me once the game's launched, and I'll sneak the model over to you. But don't tell anyone else! ;)
I was in the war.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

That would be pretty awesome. Are there many other pieces of r"rejected" content which modders could play with after the game's released? A bit like how Errol fixed up the Cameron Cars for C2 and the Hot Room level?
a.k.a. Brent
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

I noticed more the BatBuckland whisky...looks like it got some Batwick biography on the side, interesting!! =D
FaithSDK
mechanic

Post by FaithSDK »

I saw "QuadCopter" and couldn't help but comment. My dad has a few of them. Around 5. One was a kit and the rest he bought them in parts and built it from scratch. Heck, he even bought a decent 3D printer to print out his own frames and part covers.

My dad is an air RC head. Not sure where they are now(not FUBAR) but when I was a kid he had a gas jet, biplane, among other gas planes and helicopters. He also has some electric foam planes and a mini copter.

I'll update this post with an image to show you the quads if you want to see. :v Right now I'm not in the position to do so.
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

nobby wrote:Here's my latest! A lil' Diatone #17 230 FPV frame, currently horribly overloaded with full Naza Lite +GPS +LED! Once I've actually had it airborne a bit, I'll prolly strip out the GPS and LED and see how it behaves less encumbered! It's only had two short flights so far, the first one being an unexpected indoor take-off from the workbench, when I powered it up and it immediately took off and attacked me, stripping all its props off against my defending hands and arms!

[img][/img]

Great! What about FPV? Thinking about getting one for racing star wars style with my buddies... :D

shane wrote:Finally got my Quad built a couple of weeks ago - only managed to get out and fly it once which was sorta successful apart from landing upside down. Only damage was a bent prop luckily!

:D
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

Yeah Lutz, I have FPV (Skyzone goggles) and love it! The Alien is set up for FPV and I really enjoy flying using it - it's really just like playing "Descent". :D

I've yet to try the 230's FPV but hopefully tomorrow I'll be zipping (hmm, well possibly not exactly "zipping") it around some woodland near home with some of the local "quad squad"... :)
I was in the war.
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

nobby wrote:Yeah Lutz, I have FPV (Skyzone goggles) and love it! The Alien is set up for FPV and I really enjoy flying using it - it's really just like playing "Descent". :D

I've yet to try the 230's FPV but hopefully tomorrow I'll be zipping (hmm, well possibly not exactly "zipping") it around some woodland near home with some of the local "quad squad"... :)

Great!

I tried goggles (Fatshark) with the Phantom - pretty scary, spent too much money on the copter stuff to wreck it, so I'll try to build a low budget H-Racer for racing (perhaps sometimes carmageddon style *g* - not on purpose)

For my Phantom I prefer the FPV screen (Fieldview 888) so far...

FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Nobby, make your copter go on a screenshot adventure in the stainless offices! =D

Spoiler:

Just make sure you don't nudge the employees with the propellers.

Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

FatCat wrote:Nobby, make your copter go on a screenshot adventure in the stainless offices! =D
Great idea :D
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

Lutz G wrote:For my Phantom I prefer the FPV screen (Fieldview 888) so far...
Setting up a "ground station" with a screen is something I'd like to try too - I think that it'll be more useful for the photography side of things if I can keep tabs visually on the quad while also monitoring what the camera is doing. I'll probably find that immersive FPV through goggles is actually better suited to the 250 flying for fun. (Especially now that I've sorted out the control of the 2-axis gimbal via the transmitter. Flying the quad FPV while playing with the rotation of the camera could be prone to ending badly!) :)
I was in the war.
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

nobby wrote:
Lutz G wrote:For my Phantom I prefer the FPV screen (Fieldview 888) so far...

Setting up a "ground station" with a screen is something I'd like to try too - I think that it'll be more useful for the photography side of things if I can keep tabs visually on the quad while also monitoring what the camera is doing. I'll probably find that immersive FPV through goggles is actually better suited to the 250 flying for fun. (Especially now that I've sorted out the control of the 2-axis gimbal via the transmitter. Flying the quad FPV while playing with the rotation of the camera could be prone to ending badly!) :)

Right - for racing perhaps goggles - for photography/filming the screen stuff ist great.

BTW: The other (foggy) day - looking for (and finding) the sun - with the help of my Fieldview :D

lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Lutz and Nobby You guys are nutz, Love the videos and that last screenshot is just really sweet. Its like its right above all the clouds but well done.

Love the racing aspect of these things had a little trouble when coming across other people on the ground but that's ok you cant expect it to always flow :)
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

lemonrev wrote:Lutz and Nobby You guys are nutz, Love the videos and that last screenshot is just really sweet. Its like its right above all the clouds but well done.
Thx :D
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Lutz G wrote:
lemonrev wrote:Lutz and Nobby You guys are nutz, Love the videos and that last screenshot is just really sweet. Its like its right above all the clouds but well done.

Lutz, plz get more skybox material! =D
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

FatCat wrote:
Lutz G wrote:

Lutz, plz get more skybox material! =D

Voila :D

Dodo Bizar
driver

Post by Dodo Bizar »

Nice, besides the atmospheric shots I really like the shots near yourself, especially the reflection shot with the cam looking down.
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

Dodo Bizar wrote:Nice, besides the atmospheric shots I really like the shots near yourself, especially the reflection shot with the cam looking down.
Thx :) Will do more reflexion shots - looks great...
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

Ooops - this can happen when the naza (Phantom 2) "low voltage" return to home mode (I call it auto crash mode) is activated ;-> And it *is* activated on default... Hello Murphy's Law - this is for you! :D

Glad I got a Phantom 1 - this bs won't happen with my naza soft...
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

That will teach you :P.

Dang what a save.

Great warning to those that might be near water :P
Lutz G
turbo bastard

Post by Lutz G »

New clip :D