Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

CzechDeath's fanart corner

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

I love the fact the cars are from C1, but the level seems to be from C2.

Either that or i'm missing something, heh. Awesome!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

This art style is just perfect for a carmageddon comic, much better than that.. other TDR comic done years ago.. Tho I do miss the pedestrians and stuff, What a ghoast town.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

The TDR Comic can't be that bad, right? But sure it had nothing to do with Max's appearance n' whatnot, I'd however have been more happy to see the Electric Blue's built-in Electro-Bastard ray begone.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Mad_Maxine wrote:This art style is just perfect for a carmageddon comic, much better than that.. other TDR comic done years ago.. Tho I do miss the pedestrians and stuff, What a ghoast town.
yea %D I kinda forgot to add peds =P hehe.... I can still add them =D

Helomyname wrote:I love the fact the cars are from C1, but the level seems to be from C2.

Either that or i'm missing something, heh. Awesome!
Well in description there I wrote that C1+C2 mixed together... =) As for cars... I kinda prefer the C1 cars mostly, but in future you will see atleast one C2 car =D

and you sort of saw one already, altho Razorback, being in C1 intro is technicaly C1 car however ingame vissible and usable was only in C2
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

Short n' sweet! It must be hell to make such detailed comics, though... I, for one, wouldn't mind it if you had to tone down on the detail a bit, in case you ever find yourself too busy.

In other words, if you're ever thinking of stopping these because your life is too busy, and you take upwards to 3 days to make each one, I wouldn't mind it if you made the graphics less awesome, so it takes less time to draw.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Espyo wrote:Short n' sweet! It must be hell to make such detailed comics, though... I, for one, wouldn't mind it if you had to tone down on the detail a bit, in case you ever find yourself too busy.

In other words, if you're ever thinking of stopping these because your life is too busy, and you take upwards to 3 days to make each one, I wouldn't mind it if you made the graphics less awesome, so it takes less time to draw.
Level of detail is omtimized already...

Yea my life is acumulating pretty nasty hype of work currently and it will get ugly before it gets better Im afraid... one day I will take off in to the forests... become weird homeless, who finally has time to reflect back on his life of enslavement...and than I will sleep.
MickiMatsu
turbo bastard

Post by MickiMatsu »

Last comic is cracking me up, I knew what was coming when I saw that pipe :D
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Breakin'Benny wrote:The TDR Comic can't be that bad, right? But sure it had nothing to do with Max's appearance n' whatnot, I'd however have been more happy to see the Electric Blue's built-in Electro-Bastard ray begone.
the TDR comic was very dull for me, It dident feel like anything to do with carmageddon really.. it was some generic post apoc comic with cars, Even that should have been cool, but I dunno the thing just bored me to hell. But chester here seems to be real good with the comics, they feel Carmageddon-ey with seriusness, and humor. so ya.

CzechDeath wrote:yea %D I kinda forgot to add peds =P hehe.... I can still add them =D
That, would be awsome, I hope the next one has some in, :p har, tho these must take a while to make huh, Well ill have to go back to my doodle comics soon.

Also to all the people saying the maps are c2-ish I see distinct c1 stuff, like it looks a little more dark than C2, and those street lamps are so C1, c2 went to haveing mroe conventinal ones.

Anyway nice work, keep at it.
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Well Maxine, he did say it's a mix between the two :p

The fourth one looks like Max's Junkyard to me
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Helomyname wrote:Well Maxine, he did say it's a mix between the two :p

The fourth one looks like Max's Junkyard to me
Yep mix, also ep03 is whole on max junkyard, altho in weather conditions never seen in carmageddon yet - meaning the storm =D

MickiMatsu wrote:Last comic is cracking me up, I knew what was coming when I saw that pipe :D
hehe =D yea I tried to disguise it a little bit.

Mad_Maxine wrote:

the TDR comic was very dull for me, It dident feel like anything to do with carmageddon really.. it was some generic post apoc comic with cars, Even that should have been cool, but I dunno the thing just bored me to hell. But chester here seems to be real good with the comics, they feel Carmageddon-ey with seriusness, and humor. so ya.

yea I also was partialy dissapointed by the TDR well it had it's moments, but too few for how much pages it has.

Also the author clearly went too far in trying to explain certain things how they work... like the repair mechanism and ped-repulsu...ehm thingy... which killed the sureal fun aspect of carmageddon.

Mad_Maxine wrote:
That, would be awsome, I hope the next one has some in, :p har, tho these must take a while to make huh,
it sure will.

Mad_Maxine wrote:
those street lamps are so C1, c2 went to haveing mroe conventinal ones.
Good eye =) But the satelite dishes in first segment of part two is reference to that annoying C2 mission =P
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

THE PEDS ARE IN 04 =D woohoo!
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Great as always. But Pinball mode doesn´t affect to Hawk?

Can I ask what technique you use?
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Haha, ah that looks cool, I Just thought you were going to add them to the next comic thats all :P But nice work,
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

KakkaHousu wrote:Great as always. But Pinball mode doesn´t affect to Hawk?

Can I ask what technique you use?

Pinball mode does affect Hawk... but at the time cleaver picks it up, Hawk is safely in the open area, bauncing around, but im sure as carmageddon fan you know that pinball mode is always most dangerous in enclosed areas =) which was what DieAnna exlpoited and used against Val Hella.

Technique? I bash my head against tablet until comic is done =D

Mad_Maxine wrote:Haha, ah that looks cool, I Just thought you were going to add them to the next comic thats all :P But nice work,
I know but I said I can still add them so I did =D
danyul_21
pedestrian

Post by danyul_21 »

I am not into reading comics really. Nothing against them at all, I just never really read them. However I can't get enough of these strips. They're perfect in proportions to how the cars look on the game and so pleasing to just sit there an appreciate the detail. Earlier you said that you think nobody would read your 50 page comic. I think everyone would agree that if the 50 pages are anything like these, we'll want at least 100 hahahha. I love how you've incorporated the P-Ups. Great job man. I would love to see these published and on shelves.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

danyul_21 wrote:Earlier you said that you think nobody would read your 50 page comic.
No no my friend =D I said that I decided to make short stories, because long story would take too much time, with so much effort going blind and hoping that at the end it will play out good. And that for me is risk of investing all that time and energy in to something I wasnt sure I could ever finish... So I would silently make 30 pages and than give it up... so produce 2-3 pages short stories, provides me with feedback and you with accasional smile on your faces, which why Im doing this...

And how do I know that long comic would be difficult? Well that is because Im already making one long comic, my story, hero and environment. Which now stands untouched because my carmageddon deeds are now priority, amongst other things.
danyul_21
pedestrian

Post by danyul_21 »

ahhh I know what you mean. You'd get all these pages done but because the "50 page comic" wasn't complete none of it would see the light of day. hahaha sorry about that, I thought maybe you meant people would get tired of it before the end of the book so the last ten pages wouldn't get read thus not being seen. Because I grew up with Carma since back when I was funnily enough only 9 years old back in 1999 and it's so refreshing to see these nostalgic cars given new light in your work. It would be unreal if the actual company of Carmageddon would fund your projects and get it out there. No pressure but any idea on when your next story is coming out?
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

danyul_21 wrote:ahhh I know what you mean. You'd get all these pages done but because the "50 page comic" wasn't complete none of it would see the light of day. hahaha sorry about that, I thought maybe you meant people would get tired of it before the end of the book so the last ten pages wouldn't get read thus not being seen. Because I grew up with Carma since back when I was funnily enough only 9 years old back in 1999 and it's so refreshing to see these nostalgic cars given new light in your work. It would be unreal if the actual company of Carmageddon would fund your projects and get it out there. No pressure but any idea on when your next story is coming out?
hah awesome! we got there in the end =D Hey Im glad you like it!

Funding ey? I dont need money, I only need not to have to need money =) Who knows what life throws my way in that regard.

Next episode? not sure propably somewhere around 2 weeks horizon... Im finishing reconstruction works on my flat and gonna be moving in few days -_-

So yea being chewed hard by life of a slave as we all do =D...
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Awesome work again CzechDeath! Captures the spirit of Carmageddon beautifully! :)
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

shane wrote:Awesome work again CzechDeath! Captures the spirit of Carmageddon beautifully! :)
Thank you =D
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Top-notch work, CzechDeath!

Superb art style and great composition :)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

I know I cant say it enough but yah, carma style.

You know what would be cool? if loading screens were in that kinda style.. I cant be the only one who likes drawn loading screens right?

ah well, Too bad chester dont like ped boobs so we wont see none of them in his stuff o.o But. on the pluss site the carmageddoneyness is awosme... ive allready said all this tho.

The reson im here again is I just wanted to ask, do you pree plan these? I mean like Episode 5, is that allready planned, do you know what you are going to do? or will you just sit down, on the day and say, 'ok Time to draw' Im just curius how much thinking goes into this :P
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Mad_Maxine wrote:I know I cant say it enough but yah, carma style.

You know what would be cool? if loading screens were in that kinda style.. I cant be the only one who likes drawn loading screens right?

ah well, Too bad chester dont like ped boobs so we wont see none of them in his stuff o.o But. on the pluss site the carmageddoneyness is awosme... ive allready said all this tho.

The reson im here again is I just wanted to ask, do you pree plan these? I mean like Episode 5, is that allready planned, do you know what you are going to do? or will you just sit down, on the day and say, 'ok Time to draw' Im just curius how much thinking goes into this :P

Na I love boobs! It is my love thowards boobs that makes me hate to ruin them - we talked about this already =P

how much thinking goes in to it?

hah 80% of this is thinking... It begins as idea of one situation that I wanna have there and than I construct around it...Ifugure who is driving what and where, who against who to get them to the punchline of the short story... I eventually see it happen in my head the whole story with sounds and voices of characters and I form it and shape it, I change angles of camera, figuring out the correct shots... Than i gradually start to shape it in to comic in my head, focusing on capturing situations in to still images and correct sequencing, so that people understand what is going on even without text.

Than I make short notes, minimalistic script, to capture it and not forget it...

New ideas comming to me undriven and spontainiously.

Right now I have loose scripts for another 3 episodes some I thought off before I even begun ep1 and for latest I got inspiration from playing CR 2 weeks ago =)

Oh yea and the composition and frames I figure out mostly as I go while sketching - no pre drawing... Pfff it's 2014 why loose time by drawing one thing twice...Im going from aproximate to detailed,

so yea that Is the process.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Actully it was kinda a lame joke of me saying 'Ahh, well czech wont do bikinis and such in his comic, as cool as that would be' not in a bad way it was kinda a pun, related to the whole thing that happend regarding boobs.. last time..

Ok it wasent funny but I just shoved it in there anyway, so yeah. dont worry.

As for the thinking, wowdamn man, I dont think when drawing, That sounds like some real storyboard thinking there, Im surprised someone like you dosent animate this kinda stuff then heh.. 'The carmageddon show' anyway its cool to see you thikinig so far ahead, this would be 100% epic as a full comic book, I know, you dont have the time for that, but im just saying,

I do kinda the same tho, Ive had a script for a comic in my head playing like a movie for weeks, but I dont have enough patience or tallent to creat it, so I relaly get where you are coming from ya know.

Thank you for explaining your process. I look forword to what happens next :P yey
Mike_333
mechanic

Post by Mike_333 »

I know im a bit late but just wanted to say that i really enjoy your comics even tho im not into them that much, but yours just too good and funny that i smile and laugh every time i read them :P I really wanna see a longer version comic someday and i think everyone else too because of the responses uve got for it :D

@Maxine: are you a lesbian? :D u seem so obsessed with boobs that i must ask you, but dont get me wrong nothings wrong with someone liking boobs, but u mention them almost all the time :P
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ya well, even when I dident people still thought that about me so I might as well say it in every post.

Boobs are funny, because im childish, so are dicks,

I go to both sides, Besides its all the more funny when people get offended, like that guy who accused me of being a 12 yr old. 'Boobs, are you 12?.... haha look dicks' :P
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Mad_Maxine wrote:Ya well, even when I dident people still thought that about me so I might as well say it in every post.

Boobs are funny, because im childish, so are dicks,

I go to both sides, Besides its all the more funny when people get offended, like that guy who accused me of being a 12 yr old. 'Boobs, are you 12?.... haha look dicks' :P

reminds me that stainless inside joke "Keep calm and draw cocks..." =D

I'm still not quite sure exactly what is that about tho =)

Anyways we can have "Keep calm and draw boobs..." inside joke =D whatcha say ? =D
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

heh, well sure but I aint gona put it in my signiture or nothing :P

not sure what what is about?

Hm anyway it dosent really matter,

sorry for taking your topic.. off topic.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Mad_Maxine wrote:heh, well sure but I aint gona put it in my signiture or nothing :P

not sure what what is about?

Hm anyway it dosent really matter,

sorry for taking your topic.. off topic.

Hey its ok there is not much traffic here anyways ... mostly people who check out the first page and leave as fast as they came =D

I'm not sure about what is that "keep calm and draw cocks" about. I mean I noticed it started to appear thru out stainless forum and so on... I even got little note in my winner package, that has cock on it ejaculating and there signature of sim.

So I must have miss something "important" because I don't know what is goin on with all the cokcs =D... so thats it.
The Garbarian
Stainless

Post by The Garbarian »

I second Shane's opinion!

Thanks! Czechdeath!

J
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

The Garbarian wrote:I second Shane's opinion!

Thanks! Czechdeath!

J

Thanks guys! =)
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

CzechDeath wrote:I'm not sure about what is that "keep calm and draw cocks" about. I mean I noticed it started to appear thru out stainless forum and so on... I even got little note in my winner package, that has cock on it ejaculating and there signature of sim.
Sim draws cocks on everything aparently, I guess we all do at times? the back of that dirty truck seems too tempting,

So it kinda became a Thing, there were cock doodles around and stuff.. It just kinda became a joke, heh, Sorry if ya missed all of that. I wont be shocked if theres a cock shaped car too, Carmageddon and all its maturity :3
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Post by The Urban Spaceman »

Sim loves a big penis in her... notepad!

I actually got my competition winners badge with that line lol... http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/23927?page=10

Swerving back on topic, Maxine that is a pretty cool idea using these comics as official loading screens. Pretty slim chances that Stainless would make it vanilla but if somebody made a mod for it I would download!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Well I dont mean the actual comics,

I mean more of just. pictures.

Like the eagle doing something, or something to do with cows. or whatever.. you know jsut a full screen picture, in that kinda style, Its just.. id really like that, thats all.
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

Hey CzechDeath, as you prolly know I'm just back from me hols, and I just want to add my note of deep continued admiration for your brilliant work. The latest comic is superb as expected. We'll be in touch... :)
I was in the war.

Check who’s online