Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Crashers Tips and Tricks!

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
ggj
pedestrian

Post by ggj »

I have been playing this game for a good couple of weeks now and I have finished all the races. I have also bought all the cars and upgrades. I thought I'd share some things I've learned and discovered while playing Crashers. Share some yourself too if you like!

Get Perfect Launches more easily

It can be quite frustrating to get Perfect Launches. Here's how I do them:

Press the throttle and keep it pressed. When you hear the Announcer say "ONE!" Release the throttle and the revs should have dropped in the green zone when he says "GO!". Depending on the car you may have to release the throttle a little bit later or earlier. For example with Vlad's car release the throttle when he finished saying "TWO!"

Hit every pedestrian

Before explaining this I have to say that I have only been playing on default settings so I don't know what auto center off is like.Note that your car will self center after X sec. (I didn't count and it doesn't really matter). Make sure that when you see a group of Peds that you move to the left/right a bit earlier. Try to do it so when you hit the Ped that jumps out, your car will self center after hitting them. By doing this you make sure that you have enough time to move left or right for the next group.

Upgrade wisely

Upgrading your Carma is cool but Armour is actually the most important one. It's because upgrading it means that your car uses less damage for each race. Upgrading Armour (as well as Carma but to a lesser extent) lowers the amount of damage quite significantly. Cars can go from using 13 to 9-11 this way which means you can do more races! After that upgrade your Engine and then upgrade Carma. Handling is less important but can be done to get those extra Force points

Earn more money

This is the big one and I've discovered it by accident. Crashers seems to be a game designed around grinding and waiting. With Grinding and Owned Events you can make some money to save for your next car but that quickly gets rather tedious. To earn more money more quickly do this:

Play through Career Mode until your first or next (Mini) Boss event. Do the race but lose it intentionally. You will notice that despite losing the race you will still earn a lot of money. This is because with a lost race you earn about 10% or so (I didn't do the math) of what you can earn on that race. But because Boss races usually have a huge amount of prize money you will earn much more than with Grind or Owned races. Try to get a Perfect Launch, hit all Peds but make sure you miss the last shift and you will earn the max. amount on the Boss races. By doing this I was making about $97,000 a race on the second to last Boss. Now you can grind money much more easily and save for those costly cars and let's not forget about the upgrades! Stop losing races until you can buy the car and most (or all if you like) of the upgrades.

Tags:
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

The Perfect Launch tip is especially handy if you get into a race and get low framerate, making it slightly harder to do perfect shits.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

what do you mean "upgrade your carma"? do you mean offence?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

"Carma" is the forth upgrade category, alongside Power, Armour and Handling. I guess it's probably considered "Offence" but it upgrade all four stats and changes the look of the car.
a.k.a. Brent
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Trent wrote:"Carma" is the forth upgrade category, alongside Power, Armour and Handling. I guess it's probably considered "Offence" but it upgrade all four stats and changes the look of the car.
OH =D thanks for explanation Trent -> I don't play CC cause I lack the hardware. I did not know about that feature =D

Check who’s online