Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Water Transparency

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
CatDamage
pedestrian

Water Transparency

Post by CatDamage »

As you guys know, since the Splat-Pack/Max-Pack water and acidlakes were transparent in Carmageddon. I liked that a lot. So I was wondering why the Fun-Size-Version went back to non-transparent water. Anybody has a clue?????
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Water Transparency

Post by Mr.Deviance »

That's most likely because they took the original carmageddon game assets where the water was still lacking transparency and they didn't bother or they forgot to turn the water transparent.
stiever
pedestrian

Water Transparency

Post by stiever »

Well heck the water is transparent enough when you are immersed in it. That's important. I think the old Carmageddon didn't let you look into the water sometimes, anyway-- at the pier in Off Quay for example.
QTZ
hit n run

Water Transparency

Post by QTZ »

Mr.Deviance wrote:That's most likely because they took the original carmageddon game assets where the water was still lacking transparency and they didn't bother or they forgot to turn the water transparent.
This is not true - original Carmageddon have transparent water, but necessary files are not included with every release (missing even from Max Pack C1), but it can be copied from Splat Pack demo (for example) and transparent water will be visible (except for very early beta execs). All known (for me) Interplay versions have those files included. Those files are:

\DATA\SHADETAB\BLEND25.TAB

\DATA\SHADETAB\BLEND50.TAB

\DATA\SHADETAB\BLEND75.TAB

Check who’s online