Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Game performance

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
swaaye
pedestrian

Game performance

Post by swaaye »

I have a couple of devices. A Archos 80 G9 which has OMAP 4460 and a older Samsung Galaxy S with Exynos 3. Both of these run the game similarly. While it's usually pretty smooth, sometimes (maybe certain maps) there is a lot of hesitation to the game fluidity. It's not exactly framerate chop but hesitation. It makes the game difficult to control.

I remember the old DOS game was really demanding too. Maybe the game is just too much for these CPUs?
HansSchmucker
driver

Game performance

Post by HansSchmucker »

If you're talking about pauses every now and then, it's usually not CPU or GPU, but a RAM issue. Have you tried closing all running tasks before you launch Carma?
swaaye
pedestrian

Game performance

Post by swaaye »

I have thought it might be a RAM issue but I did try closing everything (giving around 200MB free RAM) and it didn't help. I haven't tried it on any devices with 1GB RAM though. My Archos is 512MB and the Galaxy S is 384MB.

Check who’s online