Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

How steal cars?

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
mortuus
pedestrian

How steal cars?

Post by mortuus »

been years since i played this on pc but i cant seem to steal other cars, even if i waste everyone i dont do it? something i miss cause i dont understand.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

How steal cars?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

In the original PC port, you have to gain ranks (probably many) in order to get chances of stealing the opponent cars.

But, if you're playing the Funsize (handheld/iOS/Android port), you can see in the Change Car menu that a car is faded out, indicating that if you waste that specific car, you will successfully steal it!
cr4zyjay
hit n run

How steal cars?

Post by cr4zyjay »

you have to take a quick look at the grid before you start a race. if a car says "stealworthy", then you must waste it to unlock it. If you don't waste it, and an AI opponent wastes it, you probably don't get it unlocked.

and then, not every race you do has a stealworthy car i don't think. just check the grid as you play along in the game and whatever says can be stolen, target it and waste it as soon as you can.

i got this video on my youtube channel Carmageddon Android Death Valley 2 that proves it - i got an unlocked car banner show up after i wasted auto scum road bratt
UnrealKazu
pedestrian

How steal cars?

Post by UnrealKazu »

It seems to be that you have to unlock cars in a specific order. I'm not really sure about this, but I think that I've seen cars that were locked further on the grid, but were not 'stealworthy' in the race I encountered them in.

Also, it seems that not more than one car can be stealworthy in any given race. This is purely based on observation, anyone who can debunk this?
stiever
pedestrian

How steal cars?

Post by stiever »

I had a race in which 2 cars were stealworthy. I never realized that a steal was guaranteed if I wasted one.
Miss T
mechanic

How steal cars?

Post by Miss T »

Hello!

Whether or not a car is "Stealworthy" will depend on your rank. You can check this in the Change Car menu as stealworthy cars will become semi-transparent with a little padlock symbol next to them. This is also evident on the grid, as it will have the word "Stealworthy" underneath it. You need to waste the car in order to unlock it. If an opponent wastes the car or the car is destroyed by mines then you won't unlock it. You don't need to steal the cars in a particular order, if you are at the correct rank for a car, it'll be stealworthy.

Hope this makes sense!

T x

Check who’s online