Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Destroying the Suppressor in THIS Version?

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
Skizzo321
pedestrian

Post by Skizzo321 »

I am having an extremely difficult time destroying the Suppressor in this mobile version. I'm using the Plow. Full upgrades at this point in time.

-Back in the day, the AI wouldn't put the brakes on if they rammed at you head on and you could accelerate forward at max speed to take them out. NOW the AI will put on the brakes after going about 60 and then back to 1. NO MORE BIG HITS AFTER HEAD ON COLLISIONS! This strategy is gone completely.

-AI TOO AGGRESSIVE. I've played blood on the rooftops about 20 times, each time trying to take down the suppressor I've had three cop cars, ALL of the racers and the Suppressor itself trying to take me out. I end up completing the race because the other racers just smash into me over and over and destroy the cars themselves. So I can't even get a moment's peace to take the darn thing out when all of the AI racers spawn right by me and try to take me out.

I've played this game back when it came out for PC in '97. So much I wore out the CD. I am NOT a newbie at C1 and this task seems impossible because of the issues above.

Anybody got any hints?
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Yeah, the Suppressor really is a bad ass! Tip for defeating him below!

Spoiler:

One way is to basically make him fall off the skyscraper he's originally on, and then getting him to chase you back up to the top and repeat Can't remember off the top of my head how many times it takes - maybe 4 or 5 and then you should be able to ram him a few times to finish him off! It can take some time though, but it saves feeling like a fly hitting a windscreen!

Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
RiOrus
turbo bastard

Post by RiOrus »

Take note of the large open Plaza on the left immediately as you accelerate down the first straight, notably the three small block buildings in the centre and the convenient ramp. Waste a few other cars to give you a bit of time and then go looking for the suppressor. Drop off rooftop get it to follow you back to the plaza and line yourself up to jump onto the first of the three blocks. Hit the ramp toward the right hand side at between 65 and 70 and you'll bag yourself a solid granite car. I'm going off of the iOS version here but this is not a random power up - its always solid granite... Then gloop the mofo.

If you want to be a purist then the spoiler trick in shane’s post works a treat but you will need the plow and also to waste three maybe four other cars to get you enough time to rinse and repeat.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

I once got the Suppressor in Funsize, the Cops' Special Forces boss goes by the name of Chief Biggun!

Of course, TDR 2000 is where I first ran into Suppressors. Plus, make sure not to confuse the Squad Cars for Supressors, as that powerful tank-like beast is completely different
Belgianbonzai
mechanic

Post by Belgianbonzai »

"Solid granite car" is all you need
stiever
pedestrian

Post by stiever »

You are absolutely right about the AI. I stole dumpy and used it to steal a Squad Car. With it I was able to finish 20 races in 30 minutes because all my opponents were crowding me. It would be more sport to have to chase a car or two.

Check who’s online