Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carma for android?

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Just did the Android Survey with my oldest bro's tablet, hopefully things go well soon. I can wait forever, but I don't mind doing the survey with several smartphones and tablets
Kudos
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by Kudos »

If there was an engine port that was going to be a problem surely that should've been reflected in the estimate?

It's unbelievable that a promise to deliver in 3 months is coming close to a year now.

I know I'd be hung out to dry if any project In was running overran 4 fold.

To be honest it's knocked my faith that Stainless will deliver on their other promises.
LordToastALot
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by LordToastALot »

Sometimes unexpected difficulties occur. but feel free to keep being an annoying prat.
Bet that hurt!
Trent
mindless

Carma for android?

Post by Trent »

Kudos wrote:If there was an engine port that was going to be a problem surely that should've been reflected in the estimate?

It's unbelievable that a promise to deliver in 3 months is coming close to a year now.

I know I'd be hung out to dry if any project In was running overran 4 fold.

To be honest it's knocked my faith that Stainless will deliver on their other promises.

Because they didn't think it was going to be as much of a problem as it was? Software development never goes as expected especially when targeting a new and diverse platform. Even getting the iOS version completed took longer than they expected and that was with the tech already up and running on that platform and with needing to support only a fraction of the device & OS version combinations of Android. That was also with more people working on it.

As getting the Android version working took a lot long than they expected they ran out of time to keep as many resources on the project as they original had. Cutting it down to a single person developing the port inevitably made it take even longer.

The fact is they are not making it for an external company, they are not contracted to deliver it at a certain time or at all and they never promised it as a Kickstarter reward, only that when its released it would be free for 24 hours as a thank you for the support. They are making an android version of the game because they want to release it on android. The game is up and running on the platform now and they are progressing to a stage where it can be released.

The only way it will come faster would be to move resources and team members off Reincarnation and back on to the Android version, which would impact Reincarnation's development and make far more people upset than having the Android version take longer would.
a.k.a. Brent
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

This is a perfect time for me to say one thing that has been on my mind for so many years now! I don't like how devs usually misuses these two words: "coming soon". I have learned that it can take from couple of days to even couple of months (maybe even 6+ months). What i meant by that was that you CAN say "coming soon" IF they already know a release date but so many times they just say "coming soon" but honestly still don't have a clue when it's going to be released and that irritates me. Why can't devs just say: "unfortunately we can't give you any reliable info but will keep you updated". And that is so much better than saying "coming soon" if they don't know when it's going to be released. Devs can use these words if they have some kind of release schedule and it's coming within, let's say a month. In my books, "coming soon" means it's coming within 2 months MAX after the "coming soon"-announcement. This is just my opinion, feel free to state your opinion and remember, this was not a rant. I never "rant" for no reason. So, i love Stainless and this was just what i had in mind. Don't say "coming soon" if you really don't have anything to back it up, say something else:)
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

I have to add that i know in gaming industry you can run into unexpected difficulties but if you do and you have earlier said "coming soon" and devs know it's going to take much longer, don't keep the "coming soon" announcement anymore and some devs do this fortunately, but not all.
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by cr4zyjay »

LordToastALot wrote:Sometimes unexpected difficulties occur. but feel free to keep being an annoying prat.
haha! :D

@carmanen. i get what you mean. but... consider the fact that the planet earth and humans have been around for millenia, even if the game took more than a year to come out on the platform - it's fairly "soon".

i too am frustrated by the delays and want to play it, but, nothing i can do bout it.
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

Your response to my message was quite far-fetched but i got the idea:) Yea, but "soon" word can vary depending on a situation and whatnot.
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by cr4zyjay »

Carmanen wrote:Your response to my message was quite far-fetched but i got the idea:) Yea, but "soon" word can vary depending on a situation and whatnot.
yeah i know. but it's not all delays and pain and suffering for us droid users.

while we wait, there's a perfectly original carma to play on your modern day PC from GOG games. After all, the droid version is pretty much the original carma with much improved graphics, textures and great smartphone gaming mayhem - but i never at least at any point considered it the holy grail version of the original carmageddon to play. i`ll always prefer playing the old badboy 1995 version on my PC smashing my keyboard and making my thumbs ache out of rage.

i really cant wait to have carmageddon in my pocket, dont get me wrong. But... it doesnt get any better than the old pc version for me personally (until reincarnation comes of course), so i guess that's why ive calmed down a bit more on waiting for this when i decided to load up the original and just play that instead in the meantime.
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

Yeah, you are right. I played the original Carmageddon to death on my cousin's PC (because at that time, i didn't have my own PC). And the game made such an impact on me that nowadays my gamertag is always Carmanen, reminiscent how great the game was/is! But i still need to have that awesome game on my pocket with better graphics! :)
Kudos
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by Kudos »

Trent, cheers for the response it gives more information than communicated by stainless.

I understand software development especially on new platforms is difficult, I'm in the industry and seen it first hand, however I've never seen a project especially a 3 month one overrun by a year.

I also disagree that they don't have to answer to anyone. We are funding these games with our hard earned and there's no guarantees we'll see a return on our investment. In addition, if kick starter money is used to develop the android port then we as investors should be 1. Worried and 2. Better informed of what's going on.
Trent
mindless

Carma for android?

Post by Trent »

If a project originally has half a dozen people working on it and needs an extra 2 months with that work force, cutting it down to one person effectively makes 2 months turns into a year. As I said, they ran out of time where they could commit enough resources to it to make it move along as fast as everyone desires. It's not like they want to keep it from release as every day it's not out is a day's sales lost.

Also I'm fairly sure the development of the iOS version was not funded by the Kickstarter money but already had it's budget allocated as development of it had already progressed during the campaign and the Android version is being developed off profits from the iOS version. That's just a guess on my part but it seems like a logical guess. We backed the development of Reincarnation, not the mobile ports which seemed to be coming anyway and weren't listed as rewards for any of the tiers.
a.k.a. Brent
Warning
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Warning »

I think most of us would rather Stainless keep their main focus on Reincarnation, that is why they brought Carmageddon back, after all. The Android version IS coming, Stainless don't purposely sit around looking for people to annoy, and if they take more people away from Reincarnation to finish the Android port of a game that's 13 years old (Albeit it has been tweaked for this release) just imagine the shitstorm from people who are dying for a brand new, fully original Carma title.
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

I'm waiting for April's Fools day because i have a feeling that Stainless will announce something. Would it be great if they would really release Carmageddon on Google Play that day? Everyone would think it's a joke of course, but Stainless would be serious that day :D That would fit their sense on humour perfectly
phalxor
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by phalxor »

we can all hope, as well as fill out the android survey
ilkermurat
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by ilkermurat »

i fuck that form :)

my tablet is artes d821

mali400

i want to kill pedestrians

but i havent got codes
mr_zen256
mechanic

Carma for android?

Post by mr_zen256 »

Does anyone remember how long before the iOS release Stainless announced the date? I wouldn't be surprised if they give notification on the day or just before it goes live for android.
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

I'm not sure but i think it was just few days before the release and i'm pretty sure same goes with Android release:) I was hoping they would announce it today (not being an April's Fools hoax) but i guess not:/
thepeca
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by thepeca »

There is a very important option they should imply!! ...and that is the possibility of installing to the external mem card! Woo!!
ilkermurat
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by ilkermurat »

i have got this tablet
http://www.artescorp.com/store/ProductDetails.aspx?productid=85871

i can help you with my tablet

give me a code

give me a code

give me a code

code code code code code

:)))
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Another bug/error recorded, what happened to the signs in the outskirts of Bleak City?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PghIngBmX9k
shane
Stainless

Carma for android?

Post by shane »

Breakin'Benny wrote:Another bug/error recorded, what happened to the signs in the outskirts of Bleak City?!
I'll pass that onto the guys :)
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
shane
Stainless

Carma for android?

Post by shane »

The minecart rails were in the iOS version until very close to release when nobby decided to strip them out - it was surprising just how frustrating they were when trying to hit other cars or avoid incoming collisions!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

shane wrote:
Breakin'Benny wrote:Another bug/error recorded, what happened to the signs in the outskirts of Bleak City?!

I'll pass that onto the guys :)

Appreciate it, good sir. Don't forget about my other replays! (I playtest and often keep my eyes peeled for problems, like the leftover bumps from the minecart rails in the Mining Complex or the leftover collision for the rails in this video)

By the way, have you noticed that Mining Complex pictures have the minecart rails? (As if you originally planned to keep them in the cancelled Gizmondo port, Stefan Eriksson will be infamous for this!)

I'm happy that you guys take your time (just like Nintendo would, but something EA can't! Good thing John Riccitiello was fired)
ilkermurat
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by ilkermurat »

12 april 2013
yyyt
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by yyyt »

ilkermurat wrote:12 april 2013

thirteenth
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

Fourteenth. OK, release the game already since our conversations looks to be in a caveman level. Carmageddon is vital ingredient to man's survival. We need a healthy dose of it now so we can secure our species survival :)
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

I'm happy with waiting for the Android release, as long as you take your time and tell the impatient to do something useful with their lives! (Deal with school, take care of your family, hang out with your friend/partner)
KockasPierre
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by KockasPierre »

I'm waiting to play with Carmageddon on Android. I have only one question: will you support bluetooth keyboard to control the game? :)
AluminumHaste
mechanic

Carma for android?

Post by AluminumHaste »

Still not here huh?
mr_zen256
mechanic

Carma for android?

Post by mr_zen256 »

*tumbleweed rolls past*
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

April 18th, I can wait till I turn 17... or pass a test and get a driver's license
ilkermurat
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by ilkermurat »

maybe i am a caveman

but this is true

today 19 april 2013 :)
AluminumHaste
mechanic

Carma for android?

Post by AluminumHaste »

Guys I'm sure it will be out in time for Reincarnation's release.
coffeycup
Genesis

Carma for android?

Post by coffeycup »

Hey Benny. If you're not 18 you shouldn't even be here.

Why are people posting the current date? I know what day it is.

Check who’s online