Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carma for android?

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

Have to keep this thread alive! While waiting, who is your favourite character/car in Carmageddon? Mine is probably Val Hella with her Cleaver:) I don't want to say Max Damage with Red Eagle as it's too common but it's one of my favourites too, of course.
Jimothey
turbo bastard

Carma for android?

Post by Jimothey »

I think my fave would have to be Pitbull and the Towmeister! other than that I've found myself playing with Electric Blue to see if I can get all the peds. OK Stimpton was fun to see how far I could get round a track before rage quitting, same for the Plough, due to it's stupid acceleration.
Carma Killer's Gonna Get You!
mr_zen256
mechanic

Carma for android?

Post by mr_zen256 »

Don Dumpster (the plow) and Psycho Pitbull (Towmeister) for the shear car crushing size of em.. And of course, the Suppressor.
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by cr4zyjay »

:( /sniff

why can't someone make an android phone so good that it's the only 1 people bother buying. then stainless would only need to make the game work on x1 type of android phone.

bahh.. dreams will be dreams
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

I partly agree with you but then again, it's one of the Android's best features: freedom of choice:) While iOS users don't have much to choose from, Android has a large variety of devices to choose from so there's always at least one device for everyone's tastes:) But yes, this aspect comes tricky when developing a game for it:/ But i think every gamer knows that before they choose to buy Android devices. For me as a gamer, it's the only choice as i hate that greedy corporation called Apple and Windows mobile (mostly Nokia devices) is not a very good gaming platform at all.
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by cr4zyjay »

Carmanen wrote:I partly agree with you but then again, it's one of the Android's best features: freedom of choice:) While iOS users don't have much to choose from, Android has a large variety of devices to choose from so there's always at least one device for everyone's tastes:) But yes, this aspect comes tricky when developing a game for it:/ But i think every gamer knows that before they choose to buy Android devices. For me as a gamer, it's the only choice as i hate that greedy corporation called Apple and Windows mobile (mostly Nokia devices) is not a very good gaming platform at all.
well, im not sure but maybe most devs nowadays think "how many android phones will it be compatible with" which is wrong. they should be focusing on hardware. i.e. "we are making this game work with tegra this and tegra that micro processors - whatever phone has one of those, it will work"

if we still have to keep waiting, fine. now i know rockstar has more money to throw around, but i think the better option to have gone with here would have been to keep it quiet, and announce both android and ios releases 2-3 months before a release date. then they could have both been released on both markets - when they were ready. Vice City was released on ios first BUT they did have the android version rock solid and ready at the same time. they did release it fairly short time after, i think it was just a couple of days. Yes, the installer couldnt download the game files properly so it got delayed but it was just a 1 week delay and had it not happened, it would have been near enough to a simultaneous release for both types of phones. why could that not be done here? all we have are finished ios players, and some android players who no longer care - because its just taking too long. way too long.
coffeycup
Genesis

Carma for android?

Post by coffeycup »

Well, I think it's karma. Back in the 90s Mac users would wait a year for a PC game to be ported to Mac. We'd have to sit and listen to stories of people already beating the game while we wondered when we'd get a chance.

It sucks, but that's how it is. Payback is a bitch, ain't it?
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by cr4zyjay »

CoffeyCup wrote:Well, I think it's karma. Back in the 90s Mac users would wait a year for a PC game to be ported to Mac. We'd have to sit and listen to stories of people already beating the game while we wondered when we'd get a chance.

It sucks, but that's how it is. Payback is a bitch, ain't it?

i suppose it is. damn you apple fan!!!

i'm joking. : - D
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Come on, guys. At least some people who had Macs got "somewhat" better versions of games also on DOS (Prince of Persia 1 & 2, Return to Zork, Wolfenstein 3D, etc.)

Speaking of Return to Zork, the poodle is actually a Hellhound (unassociated with Val Hella's pet)!
coffeycup
Genesis

Carma for android?

Post by coffeycup »

I was trying to be humorous as well. I'll put more winkies and smilies next time.
ilkermurat
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by ilkermurat »

i think ios version was time exc

and i hope they chance reincarnation release date

because very very big games coming

like gta 5

if they not chane release date

they will kill our legend game
Trent
mindless

Carma for android?

Post by Trent »

Do you mean "timed exclusive"? If you do then no it wasn't, the reason the iOS version was released first was because it was ready first as they already had a few years experience developing for iOS and had their engine already working on the platform, not to mention it had a lot tigher specs to build the game for, so they released it as soon as it was ready. The android version took them far longer to get up and running and has a far greater variability in specs. It was taking so long they couldn't keep a large team working on it without detracting from Reincarnation's development, so they left one person to finish up the android version, which it sounds like is nearly ready.

And no, if Reincarnation is released near GTA5, or even on the same day, it won't kill Carmageddon. They're different games aimed at different markets. Carmageddon will be as successful as it will be no matter what other games are released in the same window.
a.k.a. Brent
yyyt
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by yyyt »

Trent wrote:Do you mean "timed exclusive"? If you do then no it wasn't, the reason the iOS version was released first was because it was ready first as they already had a few years experience developing for iOS and had their engine already working on the platform, not to mention it had a lot tigher specs to build the game for, so they released it as soon as it was ready. The android version took them far longer to get up and running and has a far greater variability in specs. It was taking so long they couldn't keep a large team working on it without detracting from Reincarnation's development, so they left one person to finish up the android version, which it sounds like is nearly ready.

And no, if Reincarnation is released near GTA5, or even on the same day, it won't kill Carmageddon. They're different games aimed at different markets. Carmageddon will be as successful as it will be no matter what other games are released in the same window.

I'm sure noone of modern kids will like reincarnation.
Trent
mindless

Carma for android?

Post by Trent »

If that's true then those kids wouldn't buy it anyway, whether it's released alongside big games or released when no other games are coming out.
a.k.a. Brent
ilkermurat
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by ilkermurat »

the end of this year, there is a great war

great games coming

carmageddon reincarnation is also a fantastic game

but can not sell the

timing is important

If you say I will win world war with a knife

ok
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by cr4zyjay »

still....

no....

android....

carma.....

funsize....

i check this thread every day... i wake up everyday thinking "hmmm, maybe today, this achievement in human history WILL HAPPEN, FINALLY!....

but.... no.... again, no carma for the underdog smartphone user... /please kill me
coffeycup
Genesis

Carma for android?

Post by coffeycup »

These posts becoming

More and more like poetry

Carma. haiku. slam.
yyyt
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by yyyt »

cr4zyjay wrote:still....

no....

android....

carma.....

funsize....

i check this thread every day... i wake up everyday thinking "hmmm, maybe today, this achievement in human history WILL HAPPEN, FINALLY!....

but.... no.... again, no carma for the underdog smartphone user... /please kill me

same shit
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

cr4zyjay wrote:../please kill me

Spy, I'll do it later! ..Where was I?.. Yes, as long as they take their time (like Nintendo would) I'm not worried about the Android release, I'm OK with waiting till I get my own driver's license
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

I'm also getting very impatient but i need to reason with this situation, i mean for christ sake, it's only about one game, not your life (i hope this game isn't someones whole life;D). But yeah, it's only one guy's responsibility now and i'm sure the guy knows exactly what to do but of course it takes time. Still, i think April-May release could be quite accurate:)
yyyt
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by yyyt »

do the stainless read dis thread?
shane
Stainless

Carma for android?

Post by shane »

yyyt wrote:do the stainless read dis thread?
Yes, yes we do :)
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
ilkermurat
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by ilkermurat »

ilkermurat
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by ilkermurat »

shane wrote:

we love you

and we love carmageddon

and we missed our game
Dave3d
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by Dave3d »

shane wrote:

LOL

Classic
Xanarki
mechanic

Carma for android?

Post by Xanarki »

For the next 6 months, I have no hopes and dreams for any other game besides Carma for Android. I've wanted to drown myself in something brand new and official from the team cause its been too long. This community and the staff created the violent humorous tones in the video game industry, with an awesome gameplay concept. This android port is going to take the platform by the nuts.
P0N3T
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by P0N3T »

I know this question was asked thousands of time. Or even more. And every1 including SS ppl are tired of it. But. I have to do it. Sorry

When will you release carmageddon for android?

Please, give us some answer which contains release date, somehow different than: "SOON!" or "WHEN IT'S DONE"

Pretty, pretty please!
Jimothey
turbo bastard

Carma for android?

Post by Jimothey »

P0N3T wrote:I know this question was asked thousands of time. Or even more. And every1 including SS ppl are tired of it. But. I have to do it. Sorry

Please, give us some answer which contains release date, somehow different than: "SOON!" or "WHEN IT'S DONE"

Pretty, pretty please!

This is almost impossible to comply with. If they gave a release date, and it didn't happen, you'd bitch about that, same if they kept pushing the date back and back.

All we know it's coming when it's ready, and we know it's almost there, and with they latest Android phones coming out, I'm sure they'd be testing on those too, just to make sure everything works as it should and no 'force closes' or unusual happenings within the game.

I for one, a long time Carma fan, am excited to see this come to Android, and I respect Stainless's decision to only have 1 guy work on this title while the rest work on Reincarnation. I would rather have a good game than a crappy buggy game because they rushed released it due to fan pressure.

To Stainless' Android Guy: Keep on keeping on, I'm sure you're doing an excellent job!
Carma Killer's Gonna Get You!
Mr.Deviance
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by Mr.Deviance »

If you want beta testing for more android devices, build a carmageddon benchmark for android and release it free and have it spit a log file for every single thing it does while it loads and works.

Make a forum where everybody can post the log file and the name of their device and you will know what each device is doing with this carmageddon port.
Silphatos
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by Silphatos »

My Acer Iconia A110 Tegra3 tablet is waiting eagerly :D
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Gonna hope Funsize works on this LG-P500
P0N3T
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by P0N3T »

Jimothey wrote:
P0N3T wrote:I know this question was asked thousands of time. Or even more. And every1 including SS ppl are tired of it. But. I have to do it. Sorry

Pretty, pretty please!

This is almost impossible to comply with. If they gave a release date, and it didn't happen, you'd bitch about that, same if they kept pushing the date back and back.

All we know it's coming when it's ready, and we know it's almost there, and with they latest Android phones coming out, I'm sure they'd be testing on those too, just to make sure everything works as it should and no 'force closes' or unusual happenings within the game.

I for one, a long time Carma fan, am excited to see this come to Android, and I respect Stainless's decision to only have 1 guy work on this title while the rest work on Reincarnation. I would rather have a good game than a crappy buggy game because they rushed released it due to fan pressure.

To Stainless' Android Guy: Keep on keeping on, I'm sure you're doing an excellent job!

You have a point. BUT. Isn't it kinda unfair, that iphone (or other apple stuff) users already have it, can play, can smash, kill and destroy!, whille SS dont care that much about android users? I know that life isnt fair, but... correct me if im wrong, isnt the players that kickstarted that game? and not all of users that kickstarted that game are apple-stuff users?
AluminumHaste
mechanic

Carma for android?

Post by AluminumHaste »

The only reason that iPhone was done first is because SS all have iPhones, not Android phones, so they wanted it first.
Trent
mindless

Carma for android?

Post by Trent »

AluminumHaste wrote:The only reason that iPhone was done first is because SS all have iPhones, not Android phones, so they wanted it first.
No, the reason the iOS version was done first was because their tech was already up and running on iOS as their Magic: The Gathering game uses the same engine. They did not have much to do to get Carmageddon working on it. Android, on the other hand, required a hell of a lot more work to get the engine up and running on a platform with such a huge variety of target hardware.
a.k.a. Brent
Wisenos
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by Wisenos »

We know the dedicated person works hard... We can wait a couple of months, but give us some updated news, something to chew on while waiting :)

release an alpha or a beta so we can give you loads of feedback on if it works or not on a particular device and current bugs

Check who’s online