Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carma for android?

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
pablox900
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by pablox900 »

can't wait :c
yyyt
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by yyyt »

does someone has one-core 1 ghz like me? or everyone has dual-core mobiles now?
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

I have 1 GHz dual-core also but i guess Carma will work just fine on single core devices too:) But i think the release is still quite far away, i don't see it getting released until maybe april-may or at earliest end of march. If they still need our help on what devices they will support, release still seems quite far away. But don't get me wrong, it's cool that they asked our help also:) Hope my Xperia go is amongst those supported devices.
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by cr4zyjay »

Carmanen wrote:I have 1 GHz dual-core also but i guess Carma will work just fine on single core devices too:) But i think the release is still quite far away, i don't see it getting released until maybe april-may or at earliest end of march. If they still need our help on what devices they will support, release still seems quite far away. But don't get me wrong, it's cool that they asked our help also:) Hope my Xperia go is amongst those supported devices.
maybe, but i dont think its far away. they did promise it early this year and it has been worked on once ios release was done and dusted.

the fact they are asking for our help on which devices we use is probably purely so they can decide which are the most popular handsets that everyone has, and those would be made compatible with the game at launch. other not so popular devices might get skipped into a patch for compatibility later on.

my guess is the top handsets they will make it available for will be the latest motorolla ones, all high end samsung handsets, htc high ends, and of course the sony handsets + the xperia play. after all these are likely what most of us will fall under anyway, other handsets will probably not be picked for compatibility at app launch. i would have gathered most but not all droid users either have a samsung galaxy s2 / s3 or an htc one x.
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

I really hope you're right, cr4zyjay:) But i'm quite realist here so i still don't believe the release is near. It's just too common that especially Android versions are pushed back due to difficulties in development/testing. But sometimes developers surprise us and hope it's Stainless who will do that:)
Dave3d
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by Dave3d »

So, who else is going to have to cart around a spare car battery with an inverter, to keep your device charged, you are going to be playing this so much?

:D
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by cr4zyjay »

Dave3d wrote:So, who else is going to have to cart around a spare car battery with an inverter, to keep your device charged, you are going to be playing this so much?

i find playing games on a lower brightness really helps with saving battery life. played a game on galaxy s2 once for 5 hours straight and from 100% i was down to 40%, so i could have gone longer - but on a smartphone that's really pushing it, very rare i would sit and play a game on it for 5 hours. i doubt i`ll do that with carma either.

some handsets like mine at least have an official bigger battery to stick in. you can get it off amazon!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Extended-Battery-Cover-Galaxy/dp/......
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Hey guys, I've made replays in the Mining Complex showing leftover collisions of the minecart rails. That's gotta be fixed either before or with the Android version. (v1.3)

There's more of them, you just need to cruise around where the minecarts used to be
Gizmonuts
mechanic

Carma for android?

Post by Gizmonuts »

I listed my current smartphone for the beta-testing HTC wildfire S.

but i will surely give it a spin on the Customrom Cyanogenmod with my HTC HD2. (a legendarious smartphone on XDA for running averything you throw at it).

I sincerely hope i get to do the beta testing, ** i can test it on the galaxy SII from my mum aswell to see what things will be on more modern high-end phones** for comparison.

Really looking forward to having the chance to do android beta testing while waiting on the PC version :).

Good luck to all applying for testing!,
scorpeeon
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by scorpeeon »

"they are asking for our help on which devices we use"

what? where's that, did i miss something?
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by cr4zyjay »

scorpeeon wrote:"they are asking for our help on which devices we use"

what? where's that, did i miss something?

yeah you did, lol. front page of website check the news feed.
pablox900
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by pablox900 »

still waiting
yyyt
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by yyyt »

still nothing
Deadhart
motorised death

Carma for android?

Post by Deadhart »

I have a pretty outdated Androud phone to be honest, but hey, so far every app worked on it. Let's hope that Carmageddon won't break the combo even though it's going to be for much newer 'droids.
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

Release date: "When it's done!" Deal with it, people... ...it's coming and the last update about 'droid Carma was promising:)
El Senator
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by El Senator »

Looking forward to this. It should be soon now... I hope! :D
BigNickDigger
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by BigNickDigger »

I hope Reincarnation does not suffer from developing the handheld version, tho both look awesome!
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by cr4zyjay »

BigNickDigger wrote:I hope Reincarnation does not suffer from developing the handheld version, tho both look awesome!
i dont think so because they said only 1 guy is making the android carma funsize.

as for carma for android, i really could not care less anymore. it has taken too long to come out and i dunno about others but im done waiting - i really dont care anymore. the novelty and eagerness to play it has long gone, and its probably still a better gaming experience to just play it as it was originally on the pc on a large screen.
scorpeeon
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by scorpeeon »

I missed that, thanks :)

On the video it works pretty well on all 3 devices, the release must be really getting close. I try not to think about it too much and only get excited when it will be out.

Another question just popped in my head: How are they planning the make the Android version free for the first 24 hours? I think on Google Play it is not possible, you can change the apps price whenever you want but once an app goes free, there's no way to set it back to paid. So they would have to remove the free version after 24 hours and release a new paid version, or something like that.
Fasnic
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by Fasnic »

My Note II is just waiting to play this. :-)
Kudos
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by Kudos »

8+ months is a long time to wait...
hazardic
motorised death

Carma for android?

Post by hazardic »

my new sony xperia z is out for blood! but anyway, i guess the arrival is expected by summer
ilkermurat
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by ilkermurat »

can you release this game ?
yyyt
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by yyyt »

yeah release it already plz. we don't care even if it will be buggy
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

I'll be waiting, especially for the railroads in the Mining Complex to be 100% fixed
coffeycup
Genesis

Carma for android?

Post by coffeycup »

Geez Benny, we get it. You found a bug.

Are going to bring the bug up into every topic?

Move on, man. It's gonna eat you up and you'll just end up

a bitter old man like me. :-\
siu99dpb
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by siu99dpb »

It seems like forever ago that we were told it's close to being released but still nothing.

Is anybody actually going to let us all know when it'll actually be released on android?

... anybody?

... no?

... *sigh*
Trent
mindless

Carma for android?

Post by Trent »

Forever? 2 weeks ago?
a.k.a. Brent
Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

Let's see how accurate my guess is going to be... ...some time ago i guessed that it's coming end of March (at earliest) but more likely April-May. So while waiting i always "play" this guessing game with release dates:D Mans gotta have some fun, right?
Jimothey
turbo bastard

Carma for android?

Post by Jimothey »

agreed, now placing bets on what the actual date of release will be.
Carma Killer's Gonna Get You!
Dave3d
hit n run

Carma for android?

Post by Dave3d »

OK.

I will throw my dart.....

It landed on April 17th.

So, thats my date pick.

Carmanen
driver

Carma for android?

Post by Carmanen »

If i have to accurately say a release date, i'd say May 3rd:)
yyyt
pedestrian

Carma for android?

Post by yyyt »

march 25th
mr_zen256
mechanic

Carma for android?

Post by mr_zen256 »

April 1st - Stainless will announce Carmageddon for Android was merely an elaborate April Fool's Day hoax.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Carma for android?

Post by Breakin'Benny »

I don't care much about the release date, as long as they take their time like Nintendo would.

Everyone knows it's better to put time into your work, rather than "doing the Electronic Arts" and trying to rush things out the door

Check who’s online