Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Sync between devices

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
defiler
pedestrian

Sync between devices

Post by defiler »

Is there likely to be an option to sync savegames between devices? Reason I ask is that I have my Xperia Play ready to roll for playing on the bus, but I just got an Asus Transformer which is clearly a lot faster with a ticer screen.

I realise that cross-syncing between iOS and Android would require a separate service run by Stainless, but is there a chance of using Google and Apple's respective cloud storage shennanigans to sync up savegames?
adidragan
pedestrian

Sync between devices

Post by adidragan »

isn't something supposed to be an apple product to use iOS? as far as i can remember Apple doesn't want to share their iOS with noone, and both of your things are on android.
cr4zyjay
hit n run

Sync between devices

Post by cr4zyjay »

nope OP. apple will not share its platform with google, and google will not share their own with apple either. the fact that the 2 will not do that, means there is no hope at all for what you asked for.

as far as i am aware from the last time i had an iphone, icloud is just a gimmick copy of other cloud storage services out there that will let you store stuff like files, videos and music you purchase from the app store and so on. i am not entirely sure that it will store game saves.

on android on the other hand, every app you use on each device saves game saves locally. if you want to continue a game across 2 android devices the game has to be played online even in single player mode so that the game save can be linked to an account. probably the same for apple devices. BUT, on android you can easily locate in the file system with a file explorer where the save is... upload it to your google drive, and then download it and copy / cut and paste it into the same folder location on that new device and continue playing. good luck trying to do that on an apple device out of the box :P
defiler
pedestrian

Sync between devices

Post by defiler »

@Adidragan - I think you misunderstood me. I'm taking it as a given that cross syncing between Android and iOS would be a no-go. It's whether I could sync my two Android devices' savegames. (Or whether someone with clearly more disposable cash than me could sync up two iOS devices.)

Sounds like it'd be a nuisance to do, which is a shame because that means I'll have to choose :(

Or play through twice :)
The Urban Spaceman
speed freak

Sync between devices

Post by The Urban Spaceman »

I'm gonna be playing it twice like that myself. IPod & phone. Game on :)

Check who’s online