Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Game hangs and is completely unresponsive

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Poremetej
pedestrian

Post by Poremetej »

I am running the game on a brand new Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition, with built-in Windows 10 OS (DxDiag in the link).

I'm running the game on full details, and have no problems with FPS or anything, everything is silky smooth. After a while, the game just freezes - everything stops except soundtrack, which is awesome and keeps running without fail. I cannot alt-tab, ctrl+alt+del doesn't do a thing, I only get a black screen with mouse cursor, with music still rockin' on. I have to force shut down my laptop, which kinda sucks.

Guys, help.

DxDiag:
http://pastebin.com/9kvCNcqG
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Graphics Card Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M/Intel HD Graphics 4600 stated on the laptop mag.com for what comes with this laptop however.

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 < is what is in your directx diag txt file.

I would think if you could get to the main menu and run the game windowed however small and see weather or not the game will still crash and if it does maybe your will be lucky to see a crash error pop up.

I think the current version of the game is a little more buggy than what it has ever been but just the way the game is, I hope you have luck at least seeing a window with a bug report.

Then you can report it.

Check who’s online