Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Control Dropout

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Black_X_Light
pedestrian

Control Dropout

Post by Black_X_Light »

I have a problem with the game that happens all the time that's driving me insane. There's nothing wrong with my keyboard, but during game play, the controls will just stop responding. This will occur randomly in the game. Other keys will work, but the controls, like the steering and acceleration will suddenly go dead. This can happen at any time, even at the start of a race. Sometimes the controls come back after a little bit, but sometimes, the race needs to be restarted in order for the controls to come back.

No other controls are affected. It's only the steering, acceleration and braking. I haven't changed the keys from default. There's nothing wrong with my keyboard. I've tested it and I use it and those same keys for other similar games. It's not the car damage that does this either as sometimes when I start the race, those controls will be dead and I'm unable to move from the starting line and I'll have to exit and re-start the race.

The control cutoff seems to happen at random. I can't reproduce when it happens reliably and as I said, it will either randomly come back after a minute, or not come back at all.

This is making the game very annoying to play.

Any suggestions as to what's going on here?

Check who’s online