Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Extreme slowdown

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Beast
The Man

Extreme slowdown

Post by Beast »

Something quite strange is happening, and I had this even before the 2nd update.

I'll play the game, and I'll play through a level just fine. I have a low-to-mid-range machine (i5-750, 560TI, 12 gigs of RAM) and all of a sudden, the game will slow down to a crawl. From a playable 30-ish fps to less than 1 or 2 FPS.

I'm not entirely sure why it's happening, but it even slows down the menu.

Help?
carmakarma
pedestrian

Extreme slowdown

Post by carmakarma »

The same here (FX8 AMD 8350, AMD 270x 4GB, 16 GB ram 1600 mhz dual channel).

my problem is only during the gameplay, all of a sudden everything start lagging with all the options OFF or LOW

except for Ped Distance and World Distance both FAR/High. My game is updated 1.2.0

Therefore why?
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Extreme slowdown

Post by MrDeviance »

zeroSignal wrote:Something quite strange is happening, and I had this even before the 2nd update.

I'll play the game, and I'll play through a level just fine. I have a low-to-mid-range machine (i5-750, 560TI, 12 gigs of RAM) and all of a sudden, the game will slow down to a crawl. From a playable 30-ish fps to less than 1 or 2 FPS.

I'm not entirely sure why it's happening, but it even slows down the menu.

Help?

Are you sure it's not due to your cpu temperature?

The i5 will half it's multiplier if the cpu temp is too high, thus reducing your cpu frequency by 50%.

You should check your cpu frequency with cpu-z while you play the game and see what value it is while the game runs good and then see what value it is when the game slows down to a crawl.

If your frequency has dropped significantly, then it's your temperature fail safe tech that's enabled from your bios.
Beast
The Man

Extreme slowdown

Post by Beast »

I'm not sure that's it, because I don't hear the CPU cooler fan get any louder - which I do hear when I play other games and CPU warms up.

I tried updating my graphics card drivers to the latest ones, and the random slowdown seems to have disappeared, but I'm keeping an eye out - I've got CPU-Z and Realtemp running on my 2nd monitor, just in case.

Check who’s online