Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Kickstarter Survey information

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Our Kickstarter surveys have started to go out to backers today and the next wave of surveys will go out tomorrow (BST time). This topic has been started to answer any questions you may have regarding filling out your surveys. If you have any questions, please ask them in here.

This post will be updated with answers to your questions.

Q: The survey asks for my Steam ID - how do I find my ID and what's it for?

A: Please follow the instructions in the following support item on Steams website: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1558-QYAX-1965. We have asked for the Steam ID in case we need it to fulfil our VIP reward which was early access to the official steam community. If you do not wish to provide this, please enter 'NA' in the field.

Q: I didn't enter my Steam ID as it displays in the previous question, what do I do?

A: Don't worry! If we have any problems we will be in contact with you!

Q: What is the 'Name for Credit' field for?

A: This is the name that you would like to have appear on the credits for Carmageddon:Reincarnation. For $1 backers, this will be a credit on this website, and for all other backers you will also get a credit in the game.

Q: What do the designs for the $150 reward tier exclusive t-shirts look like?

A: Follow this link: http://www.carmageddon.com/sites/all/themes/carmageddond7/images/kickstarter/Exclusive-Tshirt---Forum-image.jpg

Q: What do the designs for the $75 reward tier backer t-shirts look like?

A: Follow this link: http://www.carmageddon.com/sites/all/themes/carmageddond7/images/kickstarter/Standard-Tshirt-Reward-Image.jpg

Q: I've just received the wrong survey for the amount I pledged and I did contact you to change this. What do I do?

A: Unfortunately, we are unable to change the reward tier within Kickstarter so those of you that have an incorrect reward tier for your pledge value will get the wrong survey. We have our own records which show reward corrections and will be in touch with each one to make sure we have the right information.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Evil Jack
driver

Post by Evil Jack »

I have yet to get an answer to a question I keep asking. I would like an answer before I fill out my Survey. Is it possiable for me to upgrade my original $25 pledge to the $150 pledge? Simple yes or no will suffice.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

I'm afraid we cannot offer upgrades on Kickstarter pledges.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Evil Jack
driver

Post by Evil Jack »

Thank you.
Poppaukko
pedestrian

Post by Poppaukko »

You can get your SteamID from here as well.
Killer-Rabbit
pedestrian

Post by Killer-Rabbit »

Is there a limit to what can be put in the 'Name of Credit' field?

Can you have something like: 'ERROR:707-Name data corrupt'

Or does it have to be serious like: 'John Smith'
Jalister
pedestrian

Post by Jalister »

Are we limited to one operating system for the DRM free version?
Carmageddon1984
pedestrian

Post by Carmageddon1984 »

Thank you for clarifications Shane, but this is not enough.

What is the difference between:

"DRM-free Platform choice" and "Email to send electronic goods to" - what is the difference? Is the steam copy sent to the SteamID account, and DRM free copy sent to the email specified? or how?

Also, if I choose Linux as a platform, does it mean I wont get my copy until a much later stage when a Linux version would be released?

In this case, is it possible to get both DRM-free versions to have greater flexibility?

I want to choose linux there and support that platform, but afraid to stay without the game for a long time compared to windows :P
Ghost_
pedestrian

Post by Ghost_ »

Here's a simpler way to find out your Steam ID, hope it helps (you don't need to have any games installed in Steam, only Steam): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0a7gCHq-B0
Ekaros
pedestrian

Post by Ekaros »

How does double whammy work out?

Do we get the second copy as a gift to our Steam account?
Suicide Clyde
hit n run

Post by Suicide Clyde »

Nevermind I got it...
granny
pedestrian

Post by granny »

Well, I've done the survey. I'm assuming the Steam thing I put in is correct. If it's not, I can't say that I care much, just so long as the DRM-free version comes through properly.
javielillo
pedestrian

Post by javielillo »

Before selecting the right platform choice for the DRM-free game, I have some related questions:

- Since the Valve's Steam will be released soon in Linux the Steam version of the game will be platform independent? I mean, Purchasing 1 Valve's game in Steam let you to install&play in Mac/Windows without force you to buy another time the same game.

- Is true the rumor that the free-DRM version will have limited features (no online games, etc) ?
LordToastALot
speed freak

Post by LordToastALot »

granny wrote:Well, I've done the survey. I'm assuming the Steam thing I put in is correct. If it's not, I can't say that I care much, just so long as the DRM-free version comes through properly.
You won't able to play online with that though, remember...
Bet that hurt!
granny
pedestrian

Post by granny »

LordToastALot wrote:
granny wrote:Well, I've done the survey. I'm assuming the Steam thing I put in is correct. If it's not, I can't say that I care much, just so long as the DRM-free version comes through properly.

Not a worry, believe me :-)
Ror
pedestrian

Post by Ror »

Is it possible to PayPal some monies to get another DRM-free version despite already pledging through kickstarter?

I dual boot and would have liked two versions - I wouldn't mind pledging some more digits for a linux DRM-free version too.
Monkey poo sandwich
hit n run

Post by Monkey poo sandwich »

Has anyone recieved an email saying theyve recieved the survey results. I submitted mine but havnt had any email saying theyve recieved it is this normal as I dont know if theyvw recieved it without a confirmation email
Kosomot
pedestrian

Post by Kosomot »

I think the questions about the sizing for the t-shirts are not enough. Depending on the brand, I wear an L size or an M size, and I would definitely like these two shirts sizes to be the correct fit so I can show it around extensively lol.

Can you give us any further information on the shirts' sizes before we fill in the poll, like shirts' maker/brand or the sizes in cm/inches please?
jimday
hit n run

Post by jimday »

I've filled out survey, but finding the my steamid was a pain in the ass. Eventually I figured it out quite quickly with help of the magic of google.
jimday
hit n run

Post by jimday »

LordToastALot wrote:

and

javielillo wrote:Before selecting the right platform choice for the DRM-free game, I have some related questions:

- Is true the rumor that the free-DRM version will have limited features (no online games, etc) ?

Something is fishy here. On the Kickstarter page is says for the 15$ pledge DRM THIS!

I quote:

"Pledge $15 or more

1262 backers

DRM THIS!: As well as the Steam version, all $15 pledgers will be offered a DRM-free, caffeine free, gluten free, born free non-Steam version of the PC game to download. This version will have no Steamworks functionality and will support single player and LAN multiplayer only."

So LAN yeah, but no multiplayer over the Steamworks. Huh.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

There's nothing fishy about the DRM-free version having a subset of the Steam version's features. They have made it clear since the moment they announced the DRM-free version that it won't have online multiplayer support and will be missing some other features too. They clearly stated that they are using Steamworks for the online multiplayer, the friends lists and community integration and achievements and so on and so forth. As the DRM-free version is made for people who don't want to use Steam it means any and all features which the game makes use of Steam for are not going to be part of the DRM-free version.

Again, they have clearly stated this on many occasions and there is nothing fishy about it and there is no conspiracy against the DRM-free version. It's nothing to do with worries about piracy or hacking or anything like that either. It is purely because the "DRM" they use provides the features which will be missing from the DRM-free copy.
a.k.a. Brent
Carmageddon1984
pedestrian

Post by Carmageddon1984 »

Trent wrote:There's nothing fishy about the DRM-free version having a subset of the Steam version's features. They have made it clear since the moment they announced the DRM-free version that it won't have online multiplayer support and will be missing some other features too. They clearly stated that they are using Steamworks for the online multiplayer, the friends lists and community integration and achievements and so on and so forth. As the DRM-free version is made for people who don't want to use Steam it means any and all features which the game makes use of Steam for are not going to be part of the DRM-free version.

Again, they have clearly stated this on many occasions and there is nothing fishy about it and there is no conspiracy against the DRM-free version. It's nothing to do with worries about piracy or hacking or anything like that either. It is purely because the "DRM" they use provides the features which will be missing from the DRM-free copy.

Thank you! in other words, they dont want to maintain a central gaming server forever :)

One question remains: Will the steam copy be platform independant? so I could install it on Linux OR Windows?

In that case I would take the DRM free version as Windows, since most friends and LAN parties have windows... while only I would have Linux :)
stygimoloch
motorised death

Post by stygimoloch »

Steamworks is one of the best online gaming platforms I've encountered. The only issues I've had when playing games online over Steam have come from the games themselves. Amusingly, Valve's own matchmaking and server allocation software for TF2 and the like is a pile of crap.
ra3eleven
pedestrian

Post by ra3eleven »

hi all! super excited about the game coming out--the ios version will tide me over until february.

meanwhile, i thought i'd get your take on the t-shirt business before submitting the survey. i'm somewhere between a medium and a large (men's), depending on the cut. is this one of those brands whose medium size tends to run on the larger side? Any help on that front would be much appreciated!
Thepriest
pedestrian

Post by Thepriest »

Pleh... I just filled in the survey and i saw in the comments that a Steam ID was needed i just filled in my account name and not my steam id :(

Please PM/E-mail me if u need my ID as u sayed if u have any problems we will mail u :P
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

ok im up lol.

i just recived my feedback about steam and whatnot, I dont mind telling it all info which i have done so.

But i want the boxed version. i didnt really have any choice as to see if i had a t-shirt or not. I was wondering does the t-shirt still allow you to have the boxed version of the game ?.
Carmageddon2
pedestrian

Post by Carmageddon2 »

Are letters with accents supported? (Name for Credit, address...)

Because when I get packages from Great Britain or United States, for some packages, letters with accents are replaced by symbols or a blank.

I don't have a Steam account, it does not matter if I put 'NA' ($150 reward) ?
Judicator
mechanic

Post by Judicator »

Is there a deadline for submitting the filled form? I can't access Steam for the next ten days.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

all you need to do judicator is make sure your steam id is correct. but why cant you access your steam account has it somewhat been forgotten or something ?
BadThad
mechanic

Post by BadThad »

HELP! For my steam user ID I put in my steam login name and not the number requested. Now I can't seem to edit the form I filled out. What can I do now?
Judicator
mechanic

Post by Judicator »

lemonrev wrote:all you need to do judicator is make sure your steam id is correct. but why cant you access your steam account has it somewhat been forgotten or something ?

Thanks for asking. Well The PC where I have Steam is actually without PSU. The one I'm using right now hasn't Steam installed and is rather a bucket, sempron 3200+ 1GB RAM. I don't find it practical to install Steam and download GB of games in order to get the damn ID.

The PSU should come back in about ten days, then I could access my Steam from a decent computer with games installed in it and auto login.
Judicator
mechanic

Post by Judicator »

BadThad wrote:HELP! For my steam user ID I put in my steam login name and not the number requested. Now I can't seem to edit the form I filled out. What can I do now?

The said that wether they find some some discrepancy they'll email you, you find this info in the OP of this thread.
JeReMiZ
hit n run

Post by JeReMiZ »

Judicator wrote:
BadThad wrote:HELP! For my steam user ID I put in my steam login name and not the number requested. Now I can't seem to edit the form I filled out. What can I do now?

The said that wether they find some some discrepancy they'll email you, you find this info in the OP of this thread.

Ah shit, I did the same, I put my steam login name too...
Poppaukko
pedestrian

Post by Poppaukko »

Judicator wrote:
lemonrev wrote:all you need to do judicator is make sure your steam id is correct. but why cant you access your steam account has it somewhat been forgotten or something ?

Thanks for asking. Well The PC where I have Steam is actually without PSU. The one I'm using right now hasn't Steam installed and is rather a bucket, sempron 3200+ 1GB RAM. I don't find it practical to install Steam and download GB of games in order to get the damn ID.

The PSU should come back in about ten days, then I could access my Steam from a decent computer with games installed in it and auto login.

You can get your SteamID with this http://steamidfinder.com/

Just copy and paste your profile link from the steam website and hit the search button. No Steam client needed.
Wazzo
hit n run

Post by Wazzo »

I really need the tshirt size measurements before submitting the survey. I'd be mighty pissed off if I get another shit that isn't long enough (i'm tall but usually M), and I don't want to end up getting an L and it being baggy, just to play it safe that M doesn't fit.

Does this sizing chart apply? :

http://carmageddon.spreadshirt.co.uk/shop/info/producttypedetails/Popup/Show/productType/6

Check who’s online