Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Toy diecast cars for man babies? Who will provide them?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
FaithSDK
mechanic

Post by FaithSDK »

SERIOUSLY something to think about. I can see it has been mentioned many times here, but I didn't ass myself to read through it to see if any mentioned potential manufacturers that would make them.
I bring this up because...I recently was dragged into a Walmart and I really didn't want to be there. But I went straight for the toy section and wandered from there until I bumped into the Hotwheels section.

I used to collect them when I was little. The atrocious random bright colors and funky shapes made me love them. Then I saw one car that looked somewhat similar to the Red Eagle. Colors were different and the body was probably 60% similar to the Eagle's (even had a similar blade spine on it too). But with that said I got hit with some, "HOLY SHIT!"

Carma needs to do this! was my reaction.

If anything, Hotwheels is a good manufacturer seeing that they've done collectables of licensed movie cars, ie. The BttF Delorian, Batmobile.

Although, if not, I would still try to make my own from scratch. Lol.

Feel free to delete this thread, admins, if I'm regurgitating the same exact thing as someone else.

*Edit: Fix image link.
Attachments
_D__officialforums_forum_poll_27663.html.png
_D__officialforums_forum_poll_27663.html.png (26.37 KiB) Viewed 119 times
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Stainless releasing models on any day of the year is like Christmas to me.
ronxx83
turbo bastard

Post by ronxx83 »

I think it would be nice if they made some 1/18 scale models of those cars. I think I would buy them.

And make a nice diorama around it. So they should ask motorhead minitures to make a special carma set.

Would be nice. But they should not be that expencive. €25,- each car. what do you think?
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

ronxx83 wrote:I think it would be nice if they made some 1/18 scale models of those cars. I think I would buy them.

And make a nice diorama around it. So they should ask motorhead minitures to make a special carma set.

Would be nice. But they should not be that expencive. €25,- each car. what do you think?
I'd like something a little larger. I wish i knew heads or tails about starting a plastic scale model of an eagle. I'm not too sure about the process of making one of those things.
Moroz213
pedestrian

Post by Moroz213 »

Most of these companies make models of real cars and unlikely to produce something similar. And models of cars from Carmageddon would be an interesting set from bburago or revell. To do it yourself you need a lot of time and experience,but the more interesting and more pleasant will be the result of your work!!!
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

We'd love to see die-cast models of the cars made and maybe sometime in the future it'll happen but at present the costs are just too high. We did look into it some time ago and unless your going to be selling huge quantities the manufacturing costs for the initial molds were pretty expensive and then you have the minimum order quantities to go with this. 3D printing seems to be getting more and more popular and also producing higher quality models which is promising!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
FaithSDK
mechanic

Post by FaithSDK »

I understand the business side of things. But besides that, if there are plans, I'd say it'd be after the finished game is released. To see if there is enough hype for peope to go get them.

As for hands on, build your own~

My first thought was to buy cheap toy lookalikes (ie. Matchbox) of the cars or parts of, then butcher them to mix and match the pieces to make them look like CarmaCars.

My other potential idea was to buy those build from scratch model car kits and just tweak and/or mix and match parts on those too.

I have a Makerbot clone 3D printer. It's great and all to bring digital models to real life but it won't feel right, you know? It won't feel solid. I have some diecasts that my dad handed to me as a kid and the heavy cold metal feel made it awesome and fun to toy with.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

FaithSDK, if they're painted over properly, nobody will be able to tell that they're plastic and not metal. It would be a display piece, not a toy.
FaithSDK
mechanic

Post by FaithSDK »

But, FatCat, I would know! 8C

I would also be one to "play" with them also. Mainly make fun macro shots.
zambiniftm
mechanic

Post by zambiniftm »

Have you guys thought about doing a group buy? getting a roster together before making the investment? Seems like limited run toys make it onto niche markets all the time, like high end action-figure models for adults. Theyre really expensive, but I guess we'd have to expect them to be here too.. however, i wouldnt let the price tag discourage me unless it was astronomical. I'd pay a hundred bucks + for a die cast Twister model!
hammr25
hit n run

Post by hammr25 »

I can't wait to get my 3D printed Eagles once the game becomes officially released.
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

hammr25 wrote:I can't wait to get my 3D printed Eagles once the game becomes officially released.
I don't think we're getting them anymore. There was talk on a couple of the streams about the ones they ordered being really poor quality and some kind of replacement reward was being discussed. But who knows, they may have found a better supplier.. Would be nice to know what's going on there though.
EvilJew
mechanic

Post by EvilJew »

Bump of the Necromancer
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

Wtf
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
EvilJew
mechanic

Post by EvilJew »

Shouldn't have bumped it, but my will was weak and I want these SO badly.

SORRY
RiOrus
turbo bastard

Post by RiOrus »

you can count me in cock gobblers
Purple Eagle
pedestrian

Post by Purple Eagle »

I just solved that problem. I found some old white play dough, and some old hot wheels cars that would make up as Carmageddon cars, got some glue, and now I have about 30 Carmageddon cars as hot wheels.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

I think they should make a LEGO Carmageddon game, complete with pedestrians :)
B.A.
turbo bastard

Post by B.A. »

Maybe someone can give us the 3D model file and we can let it print ourselves! :)

Check who’s online