Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C:MD/C:R Scrapped Content Thread

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

CzechDeath wrote:

holy fuck! that eagle ! why it does not look like this in game? it is so much better like that! god damit!

Aside from some minor color differences, the car model seems to be mostly the same, i will never understand why Stainless stubbornly refused to grant the new Eagle proper low-profile sports tires, the concept art had them, the artist who modelled the Eagle had them, it was meant to have them.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

There are also the black parts on the arshe... that make it look more modern and closer to the hawk. I dig them alot.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Just a couple of small adjustments can make a big difference
LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

I think what all front spoiler is different.

CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

AlexTSK wrote:Just a couple of small adjustments can make a big difference
Yep ... and the rear part under the spoiler black too? like so
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

CzechDeath wrote:
Wow, this is how the eagle should have always been like, woooooooah! (Also you forgot the rear window vents being black in the artist render)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

FatCat wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:

Wow, this is how the eagle should have always been like, woooooooah! (Also you forgot the rear window vents being black in the artist render)

What do you mean you forgot? I didn't make it... that's real render of real version that stainless has stashed somewhere.

=D
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

BTW if I could have one scrapped thing back -> that would not add much work is the white stripes (yes I'm still on it =D
Privata
turbo bastard

Post by Privata »

CzechDeath wrote:

BTW if I could have one scrapped thing back -> that would not add much work is the white stripes (yes I'm still on it =D

It would be cool.

Maybe they could do that as a optional skin (or make the default one optional :p )
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Bluuuurgh, guuuh, grumble *pouts*
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

The Bear image is from WIP modelling work done by Conrad W. Rudy (Conrad made a lot of cars for Carmageddon 2). I actually think Conrad's car body shape was better than the work done in-house. Shame we didn't use his.

The Tez Eagle was designed (and "sketch-modelled") for us by the amazing Tezman.

The "Early Eagle" illustration is also work by Tez - it's actually nothing to do with C:R. IIRC it's "fan art" he did many years ago. Here's the full image:
I was in the war.
nobby
Stainless

Post by nobby »

Oh, and yes - I wanted the stripes back on the wheels of the APC too. But sometimes it seemed that Dev would ignore my repeated requests deliberately... :(
I was in the war.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks nobby for the clarification! Good to finally get some of the mysteries resolved :)
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Doing a dump of some early stuff from another dead thread for preservation's sake. (reuploaded to my imgur in case the images get removed)

Early Bear (can't confirm that its official, but it was used in the Kickstarter promo video Stainless did)

Tez Eagle/Early Level design

Early Eagle design(waiting on confirmation that its official, also used in the Kickstarter promo video Stainless did) Confirmed by Shane to be painted by Tez(Terry Lane) and nobby clarified that it was actually done as fan art before the game even entered development. Since it was done by Tez and used in the kickstarter video I'd consider it still part of the games history!

Here we finally have the full image, thanks Shane!

LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

CR

MD

Spoiler:

Other windows.

AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Not really relevant, its just an update to the windows, they were meant to be see through all along.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

nobby wrote:Oh, and yes - I wanted the stripes back on the wheels of the APC too. But sometimes it seemed that Dev would ignore my repeated requests deliberately... :(
Darnit! Sneaky, sneaky dev team =D ! Well maybe as wheels option in garrage included in some patch? Still what would be to point if the ingame coppers would not use it? =/
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

A better look at the early early CR Eagle. Its quite rough, and even though it has all the needed parts to get set up into reincarnation its not as good as the cars in the final game. The model didnt come with textures, but does have UVs

helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Damn! Take away the bug catcher to leave a smooth bonnet, and i think that's the nicest modern eagle rendition
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

^ agree with Helomyname, that eagle looks like the first eagle was REINCARNATED! and much more badass!
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
legomeaker101
hit n run

Post by legomeaker101 »

Dlc?
Privata
turbo bastard

Post by Privata »

Legomeaker101 wrote:Dlc?

That would be nice.

I would buy that.

In fact I hope they do a lot of random DLC.

Be it single car DLC , single maps , PuP packs , Ped packs , and even full blown packs of everything.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Final Eagle R looks really nice but i really wouldnt mind driving that super early one around for a while :O
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

AlexTSK wrote:A better look at the early early CR Eagle. Its quite rough, and even though it has all the needed parts to get set up into reincarnation its not as good as the cars in the final game. The model didnt come with textures, but does have UVs

Is it available? Is it possible to bring out the mod like it was done with palpha eagle?
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Yes I have it, but it has no textures.
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

AlexTSK wrote:Yes I have it, but it has no textures.

omg omg omg! So you think someday you can update it to have the textures? it has uvs so it should be not so hard for you! please please pleeease))
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

hazardic wrote:
AlexTSK wrote:Yes I have it, but it has no textures.

omg omg omg! So you think someday you can update it to have the textures? it has uvs so it should be not so hard for you! please please pleeease))

It already has UVs luckily, but the model itself isn't very good quality, I asked for it so I could rework it at some point and improve the design.
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

you mean it's quite simple in polys? well judging by this shaded view it is good enough, but i guess you know better. anyway, it would be great to see this mean version too someday=)

well damn.. there is already 3 cars (!!!) which i want from you :D
LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

Privata wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:

It would be cool.

Maybe they could do that as a optional skin (or make the default one optional :p )

Privata
turbo bastard

Post by Privata »

LuckyMike wrote:
Privata wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:

It would be cool.

How did you find it? is it just in the game files or did you keep early versions of the game?
LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

Privata wrote:How did you find it? is it just in the game files or did you keep s of the game?

This APC is CMD based, with some copy/paste/rename work with early APC version of tire/wheel textures. :-)

I think colors didn't match, because CMD working incorrectly with old _S textures.
Privata
turbo bastard

Post by Privata »

LuckyMike wrote:
Privata wrote:How did you find it? is it just in the game files or did you keep s of the game?

This APC is CMD based, with some copy/paste/rename work with early APC version of tire/wheel textures. :-)

I think colors didn't match, because CMD working incorrectly with old _S textures.

Cool.

The texture and mesh formats changed a bit , with the shaders as well I think. on top of that the lighting settings in the game are very different.

I mean the alpha , beta and final version of CR have different lighting settings , CMD changed it up again.

So maybe lighting is an issue.

But having the texture there is a great thing , so kudos
STShotgun
turbo bastard

Re: C:MD/C:R Scrapped Content Thread

Post by STShotgun »

I know it's a super necro but I feel I might as well make a post here :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drunk Peds:
Decided to have a look at the unused drunk ped animations that were lurking in the files. It seems Piss-Artist Peds was supposed to return after all! Such a pity it never got finished.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nude" Peds:
Another thing they planned was a... 'nude peds' PUp? In addition to 'pup_drunk' animations there are also 'pup_nude' ones. There are only two generic animations for it and both are completely broken, as the animation loops while the peds skate around the place. :lol:
► Show Spoiler

Drunk/Nude Test ZAD Download:
I had to replace the blind ped animations to see them since there doesn't seem to be a specific PUp setting for either, so if anyone fancies trying it out then here's the ZAD. The nude animations are included, you just need to rename the folders inside the ZAD for them to show up.

Scrapped PUps:
A list compiled from what I found in various files in different builds of the game. A whopping 23 PUps that never made the cut!
  • Drugs!
  • Ethereal Peds!
  • Extra Armour!
  • Extra Power!
  • Extra Offence!
  • Extra Everything!
  • Fat Bastards!
  • Fireball Launcher!
  • Flamethrower!
  • Frozen Cops!
  • Giant Pedestrians!
  • Huge Car!
  • Instant Repair All! (or Instant Repair Others!)
  • Kamikaze Peds!
  • Miniature Peds!
  • Nude Peds!(?)
  • Ped Respawn!
  • Peds with Stupid Heads!
  • Piss-Artist Peds!(?)
  • Reverse Peds!
  • Shockwave!
  • Stick Insects!
  • Tiny Car!
Extra info:
► Show Spoiler

Scrapped PIS Ped Categories:

The pre-alpha had two removed categories:
  • Mighty Morphin' (internally as 'form'):
    Only Helium-Filled Peds was in it, and from the list above I assume the Fat, Stick, Stupid Head, Giant, and Miniature Ped PUps would've been in it too. Eventually Helium was moved to the Disabled category and this was removed.
  • Game:
    Funnily enough the pre-alpha let you buy the Peds Shown on Map PUp for 100k credits from this category. Eventually they removed the ability to buy it and the category was gone.

There's so much more unused content from the early builds so I'll most likely continue posting at some point. :swheel:
C:MD Mods: Overhaul / Car Lot
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Great post, interesting stuff !

A bit surprised some of these were cut as they had great gameplay potential, for example kamikaze peds coupled to solid granite peds is a great setup for a trap..! (... + turbo peds :shocked: )
At the same time I'm surprised stuff like Huge Car were even on the table, as while I get how fun it could be, it's obvious it'd generate a lot of issues against the level's geometry.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
STShotgun
turbo bastard

Post by STShotgun »

Cheers Tosh :beer:
Toshiba-3 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:05 am A bit surprised some of these were cut as they had great gameplay potential, for example kamikaze peds coupled to solid granite peds is a great setup for a trap..! (... + turbo peds :shocked: )
Yeah it's a massive shame, a lot of them would've upped the fun factor by quite a bit.
Toshiba-3 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:05 am At the same time I'm surprised stuff like Huge Car were even on the table, as while I get how fun it could be, it's obvious it'd generate a lot of issues against the level's geometry.
Yeah I wondered about that too :lol:
C:MD Mods: Overhaul / Car Lot

Check who’s online