Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Steam db: C:R info (Build 7452)

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

https://steamdb.info/app/249380/history/

Innnteresting recent developments =D

Beta, eh?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Indeed, it became obvious there was a private internal beta on steam when the achievements started showing out. After all, how else would they test steam features like achievements if they weren't testing it on steam?
a.k.a. Brent
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Blasphemy! Our prophet clearly foretold that CR is doomed... that devs dropped the ball and and is all over O___O

Spoiler:

I'm kidding ofcourse and if you didn't get it ... it is OK ...everything is ok...relax...and sleep...shhhh....sleep now...

EDIT* Post 777 that must mean something aswell ! it is a sign! The prophet sees all!
felthat
hit n run

Post by felthat »

may i ask whats so interesting in those recent updates? i mean, why are they more interesting than old ones
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

felthat wrote:may i ask whats so interesting in those recent updates? i mean, why are they more interesting than old ones
Because there was not a whole lot going on in their db page up until this month. Also according to this page, they updated their internal Build 7159 to Build 9016 recently as well, a large jump! Shane also made a thread about translating the game, and achievements have been put onto Steam too. I think the game might be getting some type of big announcement soon!
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

felthat wrote:may i ask whats so interesting in those recent updates? i mean, why are they more interesting than old ones
It's not so much that these builds are more important than old ones, all builds are as important as each other. This is just yet another thing showing the huge amount of work going on behind the scenes with over 3000 builds between the last early access update and the current build on steam and should further put the minds of anyone still needlessly concerned about the game's development at ease.

It's also a good indication that right now they are putting a lot of focus into steam integration, which are mostly features which need the base game to be fairly complete, such as multiplayer matchmaking or voice chat, achievements which rely on doing things in career mode, or steam workshop which requires the game's mod handling framework to be in place. It definitely seems like they are heading towards the final leg of the development, if they aren't already.
a.k.a. Brent
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Interesting news indeed.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
Southpark2010
hit n run

Post by Southpark2010 »

Looking at the recent change on it, it seems the achievements have their own icons now (and they look cool as well). :D
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Southpark2010 wrote:Looking at the recent change on it, it seems the achievements have their own icons now (and they look cool as well). :D
You're right, the new icons are there and oh wow, they're so gorgeous!

(edit: Oh man, the unholy trinity achievement looks pretty serious, it's hidden, has no description, and the icon is of the Carmageddon C with a halo and angel wings. I wonder if it's related to the career mode. Maybe at the end of the last career node, Max Damage dies and goes to heaven and WRECKS EVERYTHING.)
Southpark2010
hit n run

Post by Southpark2010 »

FatCat wrote:Maybe at the end of the last career node, Max Damage dies and goes to heaven and WRECKS EVERYTHING.)

He might as well. I mean, he trashed Hell in the Splat Pack, so trash heaven as well. Perhaps all planes of existence should host their own Carma event. =D It might actually make an interesting level.
Kejnel
speed freak

Post by Kejnel »

Oh my god, I would love the heaven level! Imagine the carnage!
If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Kejnel wrote:Oh my god, I would love the heaven level! Imagine the carnage!
It would be simply "divine"!
Deadhart
motorised death

Post by Deadhart »

Yeah, and in the end, you'd meet God, run him over, make the universe implode. Credits roll as planets disintegrate, and time and credit counters add to infinity.
Kejnel
speed freak

Post by Kejnel »

Deadhart wrote:

Yeah, and in the end, you'd meet God, run him over, make the universe implode. Credits roll as planets disintegrate, and time and credit counters add to infinity.

Absolutely genius. Make it happen, Stainless!
If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Kejnel wrote:

Absolutely genius. Make it happen, Stainless!

If it hasn't happened already! i wonder what kind of art direction Stainless would use for Heaven, would it be based on clouds with heavy influence by greek architechture? Maybe it would have a bunch of gorgeous statues and sculptures everywhere to smash into =D

What if there were mythical creatures there too! =O
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Post by Freeride Forever »

Faaaack me I's talkin' 'bout Heaven & Hell & Jesus & Satan opponents & shit before & got shit on for it mostly. :s Satan drives something like a "Hover Stank" & Jesus drives a "Hover Christ" or something like that & you meet one or the other as a boss depending on how you played through the "career" getting "Carma" points along the way. If you win enough by racing you face/race Jesus, if by slaughtering peds then Satan & I figged if by wrecking (which is likely to be by far the most tempting & common, then you'd just face the opposite main character to the one you picked (Max/Anna)
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Freeride Forever wrote:Jesus drives a "Hover Christ"

Should have called it "Hover Christ's Sake"
Privata
turbo bastard

Post by Privata »

For me heaven in carmageddon would be a divided warzone were everyone there fights over witch overlord they love the most.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

http://steamcommunity.com/app/249380/discussions/0/613938575206914760/#c617320168006278927

Uh oh, if this is true, then Stainless might be legally forced to put the task tracker back on the website :O
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

FatCat wrote:http://steamcommunity.com/app/249380/discussions/0/613938575206914760/#c617320168006278927

Uh oh, if this is true, then Stainless might be legally forced to put the task tracker back on the website :O

What I gather from http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/11/20/valve-clarifies-early-access-rules?abthid=546e79757cbac9ee48000025 is that it would be "suggested".
felthat
hit n run

Post by felthat »

rule is only about current state, not about what they are workin on
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Yeah that rule is about the steam store page description of the game only mentioning features which are currently available in the early access release, rather than mentioning specific features which they want to have in the final game. For example, Stainless may need to remove the Multiplayer and Single Player Career Mode parts in the Full Game section, along with the Leaderboards, Achievements, etc. to comply with the rule.

On the other hand Stainless do make it explicitly clear what people get in the Early Access and reading the Giant Bomb article which actually has the text from Valve doesn't explicitly say you can't mention future plans, just that you should make customers aware that what they are paying for is what's currently available and not what might be available later. The IGN article about the Giant Bomb article about the rules seems to have taken it's own interpretation of it. Here's the actual quote from valve:

Valve wrote:"For example, there is no way you can know exactly when the game will be finished, that the game will be finished, or that planned future additions will definitely happen. Do not ask your customers to bet on the future of your game. Customers should be buying your game based on its current state, not on promises of a future that may or may not be realized."
a.k.a. Brent
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Trent wrote:On the other hand Stainless do make it explicitly clear what people get in the Early Access and reading the Giant Bomb article which actually has the text from Valve doesn't explicitly say you can't mention future plans, just that you should make customers aware that what they are paying for is what's currently available and not what might be available later.

Example how to make it wrong way is Hammerpoint's War Z. Before:

After they got warning from Valve: Carmageddon doesn't have any false information on market page, I don't know why peoples rages on Steam forums how they have been cheated.
felthat
hit n run

Post by felthat »

well id change that part

Q: How often will the game be updated?

There will be regularly scheduled Updates – and possibly also at irregular intervals, if something (for instance, Multiplayer) gets finished and we really want to get it out ASAP.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

BIG UPDATE!!! BETA CODES IN THIS SPOILER, ILLUMANATEE IS REAL!

Spoiler:

Actually i just wanted to update the board with a new post after 14 hours without one

DeloreanM
driver

Post by DeloreanM »

Isn't that called a bump....
Deadhart
motorised death

Post by Deadhart »

DeloreanM wrote:Isn't that called a bump....

That's what the Illumanatees and Bodybuilderbergs want you to think
MalkavsRustyBones
driver

Post by MalkavsRustyBones »

Deadhart wrote:
DeloreanM wrote:Isn't that called a bump....

That's what the Illumanatees and Bodybuilderbergs want you to think

Max Damage is Osama Bin Laden,and he's still alive :P
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

Nobby, I summon you!

Come here and throw us a bone!
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Max Damage is Osama Bin Laden,and he's still alive :P
Well you're half right.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Hi uh.

Can we keep terrorists, and such out of this please?...

Lets just wait, patiently for something we know is coming anyway..

Lets talk about the achivements while we wait for now? Have you spotted one you mentioned in the sugestion thred?

also all my agression seems to have.. died. so I havent been posting much I saw some agression so I hid under a rock for a while..
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Psyrgery wrote:Nobby, I summon you!

Come here and throw us a bone!

Well, actually, we've gotten plenty of hints and treats as of lately, but you know what? There's no such thing as too many teasers! =D

(Edit: Somebody achieved Unholy Trinity, this means that the achievement works, :O, such a mystery!)
skyNET
turbo bastard

Post by skyNET »

"Unholy Trinity" in christianity encompasses Satan, the Antichrist and the False Prophet.

I'm guessing the achievement has something to do either with all the games (C1;C2;C:R)

Or with the game modes (kill peds, race, destroy).

Or there would be peds for all the "members" of Unholy Trinity.

Or has something to do with the backer cars.

Or something else totally unrelated with a connection to number three.
SapoPT
hit n run

Post by SapoPT »

No new updates =(
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Can we please stop being so negative?

ok so I know ive turned into a hippie just latley but.. Stop focusing on the negative or thats all youll see.

anybody that dosent think the game is going to be finished is a fool, anybody who thinks the forums have no point if theres no stainless around is a fool.

Lets keep our community alive ourselves, to all the people who only come and post in a stainless topic, Come out and join in.

Now ive got plenty of flower chains and home made instruments laying around Who wants to sing a song about posativity with me? :D

Check who’s online