Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Xbox one version

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Wagonmike
pedestrian

Xbox one version

Post by Wagonmike »

I can sait to play on m'y xbox one

Do Youtube have a date for it?
Psyrgery
speed freak

Xbox one version

Post by Psyrgery »

It's being developed, here's a screenshot of the current Xbox One version:

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
Mad Max RW
motorised death

Xbox one version

Post by Mad Max RW »

The last word was console ports are coming sometime AFTER the PC version's final release. You're gonna be waiting a couple more years.
MrJim
hit n run

Xbox one version

Post by MrJim »

Does Youtube have a date for it. Classic.
Boxxcar_Cadaver
pedestrian

Xbox one version

Post by Boxxcar_Cadaver »

This guys grammar hurts my brain...
Wagonmike
pedestrian

Xbox one version

Post by Wagonmike »

Boxxcar_Cadaver wrote:This guys grammar hurts my brain...

If you hâve to sri te in french it..ill probably hâve à heart atack
redcap1984
pedestrian

Xbox one version

Post by redcap1984 »

Xbox one version for sure, soooooo hanging for this game. Thumbs up stainless !!!!!

If im not mistaken that pic is from carma 2 or the 64 version.
Trent
mindless

Xbox one version

Post by Trent »

Like Mad Max said, they will be working on the console ports after the PC version is finished. They also have not announced which consoles it will be released on, so while it may be released on both, it may also only be released on the PS4 or only on the Xbox One, no one knows for sure yet.
a.k.a. Brent
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Xbox one version

Post by MrDeviance »

Personally, I am still waiting to see if it will ever be released on PC.

But you guys seem to be thinking about a very distant future.
shane
Stainless

Xbox one version

Post by shane »

At present Carmageddon: Reincarnation is set to be released on Windows, Mac, Linux and next gen console. I'm afraid we can't be more specific than that at present.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Xbox one version

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

If this can help growing your confidence, I spotted the game on the official IGN list of games coming out in 2015 for the PS4. Can't post link as I currently don't have access to IGN website on public pc, sorry.
Derrin01
pedestrian

Xbox one version

Post by Derrin01 »

Love the game but it is missing a crucial component that made it Carmageddon. I have played all five Carmageddon games. Where is the foul language on the Xbox version? I cannot find an option to turn it on and I miss max yelling and cursing when something surprised him.
Trent
mindless

Xbox one version

Post by Trent »

The Xbox version has exactly the same foul language in its text as the other versions. It doesn't have Max yelling because neither Reincarnation nor Max Damage (or Carma 2 or TDR for that matter) have the Pratcam. It was something they really wanted in the game but none of the various methods they attempted for it gave satisfactory results (e.g. FMV footage wasn't reactive enough, 3D Pratcam was too demanding on the art team and the tech team, etc.) so they made the difficult decision to cut the feature entirely rather than do it half-heartedly. If they had the Pratcam then they would have had Max and Die Anna yelling shit.
a.k.a. Brent
STShotgun
turbo bastard

Xbox one version

Post by STShotgun »

It sucks that the Pratcam never made it in but couldn't they have sorta used both methods? So a placed camera inside the car facing the driver (the actual 3d driver wouldn't be visible) to act as the realtime camera with a prerendered 2D Max/Die as an overlay to act as the FMV part, so it could potentially cut down the amount of work without trying to keep it all 3D in realtime?
C:MD Mods: Overhaul / Car Lot
LuckyMike
hit n run

Xbox one version

Post by LuckyMike »

Look at what "FaceRig" program can do. 8-)
Trent
mindless

Xbox one version

Post by Trent »

STShotgun wrote:It sucks that the Pratcam never made it in but couldn't they have sorta used both methods? So a placed camera inside the car facing the driver (the actual 3d driver wouldn't be visible) to act as the realtime camera with a prerendered 2D Max/Die as an overlay to act as the FMV part, so it could potentially cut down the amount of work without trying to keep it all 3D in realtime?
One of the issues with fully FMV was it wouldn't react to the impacts and damage to the car in a believable way. One of the issues with fully 3D would have been the large demand on the art team to create detailed enough cockpits to suit having it always onscreen in the pratcam.

If you had FMV characters greenscreened onto the actual 3D cockpit it would combine both those issues and potentially make them worse. The cockpits would need to be realistic enough to not make the FMV character look out of place and, as it would crush in real time with the in-game car, the FMV characters would have to be able to react to every single dent so they don't go through the geometry and shit.

Other problems can arise from having a 3D cockpit no matter whether the character is 3D or FMV, such as the cockpit being crushed so badly the camera isn't showing it any more or can see outside the car, or under other extreme deformations like stretch goal or ave a banana which would displace the cockpit. Then there's car splitting and how that would work. On the surface Pratcam seems like a very basic and simple task to implement but once you delve deeper into how it will actually work it opens up a lot of problems which would need to be solved for it to work properly.

@LuckyMike: FaceRig is software specifically developed for facial motion capture, which is not what the PratCam is meant to do and it doesn't solve any of the problems in implementing the PratCam.
a.k.a. Brent
STShotgun
turbo bastard

Xbox one version

Post by STShotgun »

@Trent - I see. :/ Oh well, we can only hope that they might find the time and resources to bring it back in the next game if it happens.
C:MD Mods: Overhaul / Car Lot
Trent
mindless

Xbox one version

Post by Trent »

Yeah with a bigger budget and team I don't see why they couldn't figure out a way of getting it done to the quality they want. With C:R/MD I'd assume it was simply too much work for too many people when those people could be getting more work done on more important things.
a.k.a. Brent

Check who’s online