Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Flashfire – The long lost Stainless Hot Wheels car!

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Flashfire – The long lost Stainless Hot Wheels car!

Post by Razor »

FlashFire - The Stainless Mattel Car

17 years ago, during the late development of Carmageddon 2 Stainless decided to create a few quick items for the game in order to pitch an idea to Mattel in the hopes that they would be able to create a licensed Hot Wheels game with them, to cut a long story short Mattel weren't having any of it and said no and that was that but what about these goodies that Stainless made for the pitch?

Well Errol released one of them back in the day, a track by the name of Hotroom which sees a Hot Wheels track set up around various parts of a house and the other is what I am releasing now. This vehicle has sat dormant on hard drives of Errol's for the past 16 or so years until he decided to share his goodies and in one of the folders that contained various MAX scenes for C2 reference vehicles, peds and a bunch of scenes for another game idea Stainless were working on was a simple little car named Mattel1, that is this car!

It is based on the Hot Wheels toy car FlashFire and was created by Stainless back in '98 for this pitch to Mattel, it was pretty much feature complete including driver model and detachables, I have textured it based on a 2001 release of the toy and set it all up and am releasing it right now, I have tried to make it as close to a vanilla C2 vehicle as possible so it should blend right in!

------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshots
ImageImageImage

Readme.TXT

Flashfire - The Stainless Mattel Car
--
http://r.carmajunkies.com
--
Original Model by Stainless Software
Everything else by Razor
---
This car was created by Stainless back in 1998 alongside 'Hotroom' as part of their pitch to Mattel to create a Hot Wheels game, it has been laying dormant on hard drives of Errol's until now! He shared a bunch of in-dev goodies and a model of this Mattel car was in there!

It was just a model but contained everything a C2 car should, it just needed completing!

I textured it based on the real toy car 'Flashfire' (a 2001 issue of the toy) that the vehicle was modelled after, set it all up and am releasing it to the world! AT LAST!

I have tried to make this car as close to the default C2 lineup as possible, it is feature complete and should fit right in with the rest of the vehicles in the vanilla game, even the textures are in blurry 1998 fashion!!

--Installing--
Install it as you would any other C2 car.
Either with Carstockalypse or by editing your OPPONENTS.TXT

--Features--
-Detachables
-Smashables
-Simplemodel
-SHELL model
-Car Menu Image
-Shrapnel Colours
-Multiple bounding boxes
-Fire points
-Proper wheel positioning for skidmarks
-Camera positioning

--Problems/Bugs--
-Windows can be a bit glitchy at times

--Thanks--
Stainless
Errol - for sharing this goodness
Toshiba-3 - For always being a helpful hand
#Carmageddon IRC

http://r.carmajunkies.com

--Contact me-
My email address: razor@retrogameshelf.com

Download the vehicle by clicking the link below!
[Flashfire.zip ~133kb]

Remember, this vehicle is best used in it's home, Hotroom!!

Enjoy,
~Razor.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Morbid Angel
speed freak

Re: Flashfire – The long lost Stainless Hot Wheels car!

Post by Morbid Angel »

Wow ! It looks sweet ! I'm downloading all this stuff at once !!
:banana:

[edit] : Woops, I only downloaded the car. The map isn't released yet ?
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Morbid Angel wrote: [edit] : Woops, I only downloaded the car. The map isn't released yet ?
Errol released the map back in 1999 (2000?), see http://www.toxic-ragers.co.uk/files/car ... otroom.zip
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Mastro 666
motorised death

Post by Mastro 666 »

Excellent work! :cool: :thumbsup:
Morbid Angel
speed freak

Post by Morbid Angel »

Wow ... 1999 ? Am I late.
:lol:
Thanks for the link, I'm downloading the race !
:thumbsup:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Ya, I got that track way back when but subsequently lost it. Thanks for putting the link up!
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Nice restoration, Razor.
Feels like a legit asset from back then (besides textures looking a tad too hires).

Makes you wonder how good a hotwheels game by Stainless would have been :sbsmile:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online