Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

c1 car installation

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Hairba11
turbo bastard

c1 car installation

Post by Hairba11 »

i may have missed something somewhere, but could i get a rundown on car installation for c1?
i tried a search, but "Search term used: instal c1 car ignored: car c1"
seems c1 and car are either too short, or so common it ignored looking for them.

no stickies with the subject in editing forum or technical assistance or even FAQ so i'm asking here.
and since mapstocalypse has gone the way of the dodo, and wasn't the most reliable how do i get a map in c2?

or i suppose those should be separate topics and maybe in tech assist.
anywho, thanks.
H
If it runs, drives, stops, has a title, AND is under $300, I'll take it!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: c1 car installation

Post by Deep_Blue »

Most C2 maps are made so all you have to do is unzip the downloaded file to your main C2 folder and it'll automatically end up in /carma/data/races.
Then all ya gotta do to manually install is change the name of an existing race and it's associated text bit in the RACES.TXT to reflect the replacement race. Some user-made tracks come with a races.txt bit to do this so you don't have to type it all over (race description, etc.)

Some tracks have extra drones/peds/noncars/sounds so you'd hafta also add the new drone descriptors to the drones text (drones folder) and sound descriptors to the sound.txt (in sounds folder and then do the same in the noncars folder to make it work with the new goodies.

I coulda sworn Mapstock was up at Tosh's Road Reaction, but if not-I have it.

------------------------------------------------

Depending on who made the C1 car (mine tend to be sloppily put together--especially the early ones when I was figuring out how to make them), you can unzip the d/l'ed file to your main Carma folder (but I always unzip them to their own folder and pick out the pieces just to be sure). Once everything is in the right folders, either change the name/texfile reference of an existing C1 car to replace it in the /data/opponent.txt or add the car bit to the end of the opponent.txt and increase the number of opponents at the top by however many new ones you added.
Attachments
Mapstockalypse.zip
Mapstockalypse.zip
(26 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Hairba11
turbo bastard

Re: c1 car installation

Post by Hairba11 »

thanks DB, i knew something had to be edited but didn't know what.
If it runs, drives, stops, has a title, AND is under $300, I'll take it!

Check who’s online