Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Introduction + A C2 editing question

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
UserNotFound404
pedestrian

Introduction + A C2 editing question

Post by UserNotFound404 »

Hey there! I'm 404: User Not Found, and I've been playing Carmageddon 2 for years.

I've got a question regarding the editing of Carma2. I know my way around editing things like races, opponents names/car names, powerup names, etc.

However I've recently noticed something that I never really noticed throughout the years of playing Carma2. I've noticed that the gravity in the game seems to be a bit....off...

I happened to hit a bit of a ramp, and just watching the car fly through the air made me realize "Man, the gravity in this game is incredibly off kilter....I wonder if there's a way to edit that..."

So yeah! Is there any way to modify the global gravity for every single car, so I can mess around and get much more realistic-feeling gravity?

I suppose I have a follow-up to that question, and that would be whether or not it'd be possible to replicate the Grip-o-Matic Tyres effect for every single vehicle? If so, I'm thinking that with some modifications to how grippy it is, that might add some more realism to driving.

Good example is when you try to drift, it normally feels like your car is sliding on ice, as you seemingly spin out from the tiniest turns.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Introduction + A C2 editing question

Post by Mad_Maxine »

um, gravity well im sure that would have come up in the Search (I said it before anybody else did.. someone will)

yeah.. Data/General.txt
// default Gravity Multiplier

Surprised ya havent found it after two years? heh. yeah we kinda forget.. all that stuff becomes kinda common knowlage after a while.. My truck mod just one post down there uses gravity 2.5 to try keep the trailers attatched. tho thats probly too much for normal driving, I usually have mine set at 2. But.. be warned now youll have to go edit the suspension settings of every car so it will cope with the new X2 weight of the car, bouncy cars will become less.. bouncy and all..

And as far as grip o matic goes, Probly not.. Even the mighty tosh had to put a powerup down in his weird I Robot car map thing,

Welcome to the fourms... rember theres a search function. even tho it dosent seem to work very well for me. (100 bucks says we never see this guy again now he got his answers)

EDIT:
Actully no Im not going to just be a jerk. But Drifting? Ok I like slidey cars but as soon as Carmageddon turns into another Drift modders game Im killing everyone,

Tho to make a car more slidey, you dont need to increse the grip so much as mess with all the other settings,
A cars handling depends on all of the settings, Grip, Friction angles, center of mass, Angular momentum proportions,
UserNotFound404
pedestrian

Post by UserNotFound404 »

Oh you may see me again in the future ;)

And thank you for the answers. I did try a Google search, but I couldn't find anything in the sea of results, so I figured I'd hit up these here forums, and see if anyone knew anything about this.

Can't believe I didn't notice that gravity multiplier setting. *head-desk*

EDIT: As for the drifting thing, that was just an example. Basically, I'm trying to "fix" how slidey the cars are. I'm starting to notice that doing the slightest turns usually ends with my car doing a full 360 degree spin. It just makes the cars seem like they've got greased-up wheels and are driving on rubber, just like how flying through the air after you've hit a ramp just seems...floaty.

I just want to tweak the gravity and traction of the cars a little bit, see if I can get things to not seem floaty and slippery.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Welcome and we have a site search here too. And a n00bs area.

You want to check them out. We took the time to set them up in hopes people would use them.

You can post screens of your mod efforts in the screenshot thread.

See you around.

Check who’s online