Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Truck Me! [1.3 Beta]

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Truck Me! [1.3 Beta]

Post by Mad_Maxine »

What started of as a small test turned into .. pretty much a mod?..
No download link yet, jsut a big teaser, Should be released tomrow if there are no big complications, not much left to do..

[youtube]cI2bic-eQmM[/youtube]

So just to clear things up here. the AI does not work here, so its trailers and no opponents, But there is a race I set up too.. so cant have everything I guess, not just yet anyway,

So what do we have here?..
I love making low poly old style game models, so I decided to build it like a 90s truck simulator. Kept adding things,

What we have here is, 2 Reskinned maps, with spawning points for the trailers all set up, as you can see,
we have 3 trucks, each come with 3 diffrent paintjobs (all 3 trucks and colors will be avalible from the start)
And currently 14 diffrent trailers to find, Ive allso set the timer to 83 munits so.. No rush to find anything its more of a relaxing play really,

Trucks:
the trucks I have so far are a Kenworth K100, a Kenworth W900, and a Freightliner Century, each of them has a list of there specs, engine type, horsepower, torque, Because im a nerd and I like those kinda specs,

Trailers:
Ive tried to add a big range of trailers, from the common box type trailer, to container trailers, flatbeds, transporters, and as much as I could think of,

Like I said, a few tweeks to the text files and this will be avalible to download as a stand alone mod. so im trying to allso make it as small as possible.

Allso since these low polly models are simple, easy, and fun for me to make, any requests for trucks, or types of trailers are welcome!,.... Unless I get a list of 50 items someone wants me to make in wich case Ill.. just find it kinda rude and wont do any of it... (Dont worrie thats mostly there for the Official Carmageddon site people, who will post 50 images of diffrent trailers they want me to make)
Last edited by Mad_Maxine on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Truck Me!

Post by coffeycup »

Wow, those look great, those cabs and trailers. Dig the logs. It does look kinda like the Euro Truck Simulator.
Not sure which maps you've included, but I bet the Mad Max map would make a good one for long hauls.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

coffeycup wrote:Wow, those look great, those cabs and trailers. Dig the logs. It does look kinda like the Euro Truck Simulator.
Not sure which maps you've included, but I bet the Mad Max map would make a good one for long hauls.

HELLZYEAH!!!!

Nice, Maxy!
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Its that time,

Now I want to make this.. very.. very.. .very.. VERY clear,
THIS IS A BETA TEST!
This is not a full total convertion, it has lots of bugs wich im about to talk about now.

This is in no way finished, Two reskinned maps, both of wich have some badly placed textures, and some textures that havent been replaced,
So.

Known bugs:
Trailers still detatch too easily, Will go back and revise a new type of bounding box to help this work better in future, Pretty much needs building again

Random explosions, Ive occasinally had trailers explode on me while driving around, I dont know if I just glitched out but I havent been able to make it work on purpis,

Trailers have no brakes and shunt the cab on stopping

Stuff you get

3 Diffrent semi truck cabs, Each of wich come in 3 colors,
15 Trailers to hook up to
2 Reskinned maps of a comercial city district, and freight yard
Some bonus items!

Maxys Truck Driving School:

Just some little tips here on driving,

1. When hooking up to a trailer its best to move the camra up over the cab of the truck,

2. Hooking up to a trailer. Make sure your truck is stright before you reverse into the trailer. It should hook stright on, If not hit right some lighter trailers tend to get shunted backwords (wich can get pretty fustrating)

3 Corners, If you ever decide to not just throw the trailer around and want to actully try getting it someplace, Make sure when aproching a corner you slow down before the bend, the trailer will shunt into your cab slowing down, Then you can take the corner, If you try brake while cornering, the trailelr is pretty likly to slide off,

Thats pretty much it, Ive packed it up as small as I can, deleted msot tiff files, on maps and such to save space but Ive left them in the truck and trailers files incase anyone wants to play with textures, Removed a few sounds too, to save space, Only 3 ped types now but atleast there not cubes.

Download link:
(moved to end due to newer vertion)

By the way its a stand alone mod that has the carma folder, so Just extract to your games folder or whatever you call it, and play, Saved game included so you can choose any of the trucks But trailers are not selectable.. I wanted to keep it cleane,

So simple a dead banana could use it!
Last edited by Mad_Maxine on Thu May 02, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fireman
motorised death

Re: Truck Me! [Rel 1.0]

Post by Fireman »

That was awesome!

Loved what you did to the UI and background images, feels like a TC!

And I can't believe how well the trailers stay in place (with exception of the vehicle transporter, that thing is a pain!).

I even managed to get the -hit the pet with the trailer-kill and drive away with the trailer still attached!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

That was fast?

Ok glad you like but wich trailer are you having problems with and whats the problem? I figured Id testd everything out but mabye I missed something? as I kept tweeking settings,
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Well I was just checking CWABoard and it was just posted, decided to go play it right away :P

It's the Car Transporter, the thingie above the truck seems to be bouncing against the truck and that makes it disconnect.

The others work amazing (especially the green container one, I could hardly shake it off!) and it's really fun driving them around or trying to make jumps with them.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Odd, Ive had a little play and it seems, mostly fine, not as stable as some of them but seems ok to me, Only problem I had was the sharper turning of the K100 seemd to throw it off a little easyer,

Personally one of the most fun ones for me is the flatbed, light enough to throw around it seems to stay on pretty well too :P
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I'll grab it later tonight and report back. :swheel:

EDIT
Ha! This is great! I only got to play with it for 5 minutes, but this is amazing. I think the trailers stay on better than the earlier version I tried. I had had slammed on the brakes and cut the wheel and I expected the trailer to go flying off but it stayed connected and did a huge sweeping fishtail.

I will probably edit a version of the big Mad Max track to be compatible with this mod, i.e. remove custom peds, custom drones etc.

Nice work Max. Will try it out more tonight!!
Doritoskng
driver

Post by Doritoskng »

So far I quite enjoy the trucking experience you have hammered out of the C2 engine and i have found this:

looks interesting
Still alive some how
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

All driveable veichles in the game are made very cheap. so if someone happens to waste them and compleate the 3 laps.. well ya... heh
Was wondering how long someone would take to find something, Odd screenshot tho?

Coffey, glad you had fun, youll find that ive tried to make the diffrent trailers feel diffrent, Youll find some swing around, the ligher ones have less traction clearly, and the really havey stuff will actully cause you to jacknife wich I found kinda amusing at the time,

Allso Ill fix it soon, Ive just reolised on another test the sky texture doesnt work on the Truck race level,
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Mad Max Trucker Map
I stripped out the drones and opponent paths and now pointing to your peds (I did add the cow back in though) but need to fiddle with the paperwork to get the extra trailers parked in the right places around the map. I'll upload something later. I want to drive around.
TruckMe.jpg
TruckMe.jpg (300.2 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
Doritoskng
driver

Post by Doritoskng »

only an odd screen shot because i took it quickly before class (prntscrn + photoshop)
Still alive some how
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Truck Me! [Rel 1.1]

Post by Mad_Maxine »

And here we go, For all those intrested Ive made some small fixes.. making this.. vertion 1.1 I guess?

Fixes:

Horizon image now fixed in truck race
Dash camra position fixed in Kenworth W900
Bumper cam fixed for All trucks,

The bumper cam is now a kinda hood cam, so you can have the drivers view, with or without my crappy dash image, Too bad I cant have some rear view mirrors to see that trailer tho huh,

My fault really for rushing this crap out so fast, I just wanted to let people have it,

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r3w4brxdlxshi3l

Oh and hey coffey, I have some special vertion mods of trucks and such for you, that I feel will fit that map heh,

Oh and when I said that screenshot looked odd? I kinda ment some perspective thing seemd diffrent? I dunno, mabye its because im looking at a little screen with a screen in it, Ah well

Enjoy folks.

Ps: are we still playing carmageddon or have I accudently created a truck driving simulator?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I will try to finish the paperwork tonight and upload the zip.

It's still Carmageddon as long as there's peds to smear into the pavement. :wink:

p.s. love your new sig! :supercrazy:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

coffeycup wrote:Mad Max Trucker Map
I stripped out the drones and opponent paths and now pointing to your peds (I did add the cow back in though) but need to fiddle with the paperwork to get the extra trailers parked in the right places around the map. I'll upload something later. I want to drive around.
TruckMe.jpg
YEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

I figure with the austrailian map.. Id create a new item pack that would fit in, with RHD trucks, and trailers built ontop of the one shown in the video I made a while back (they hook togeather)

so... heres what I been working on

as Ya see, new trailers that can attatch to eachother, the trucks I just added the australian brush guard, and the air cleaner things, filters... australian styled ones.. yup.

Edit: Typo in the logo name? ... Fuck,
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I can't keep up with all this new stuff!

Here's the "Mad Max Trucker" map
http://coffey.polygonized.com/files/MadMaxTrucker.zip

I didn't try the latest 'Australia' pack yet with it.
Carma2_HW 2013-05-02 23-06-15-25.jpg
Carma2_HW 2013-05-02 23-06-15-25.jpg (267.43 KiB) Viewed 9089 times

Re: Bumper Cam

On my copy of the black Kenworth I moved the bumper/hood cam back and to the side...
Carma2_HW 2013-05-02 22-57-31-07.jpg
Carma2_HW 2013-05-02 22-57-31-07.jpg (278.71 KiB) Viewed 9089 times
That seems to work pretty good. You can see some of your load without it being in the way.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Thats pretty awsome, I just spent.. well I dunno. quite a while driving around finding where youd put diffrent stuff,
I like how you put some effort into where stuff apears too, Rather than just dumping them anywhere, some of the trailers really fit the places you put em, Making them seem allmost like nonecars? heh nice work,

But this is australia right?
so what... now do I release a mod, of your mod, of my mod, of carmageddon?... this is what the comunity is about!

Doritoskng
driver

Post by Doritoskng »

yea the perspective is a little off in the screenshot... my laptop is a wide screen so everything looks a little bit flat
Still alive some how
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Mad_Maxine wrote:I like how you put some effort into where stuff apears too, Rather than just dumping them anywhere, some of the trailers really fit the places you put em, Making them seem allmost like nonecars? heh nice work,

But this is australia right?
Well when I realized you have control of which trailer went where, I figured I'd try to put them where they made sense. Logging trailer up in the forest and train trailers near the 4 lane highway etc.

Yeah, it's supposed to be Australia but it could almost be Nevada. I almost changed the horizon pic to one with the Rockie Mountains but then didn't.

If you want to include the map as part of your mod, if you do version 1.2 that is, go ahead.

edit
I have no idea how you get those road trains going. When I back up with one trailer, it falls off before I can get another attached to it.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

I LIKE where this thread is going!
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Deep_Blue wrote:I LIKE where this thread is going!
Have you tried this out? It's amazing! The map is like the perfect trucker map. When you're hauling a load you barely go over 75mph (as it should be) so it takes a while between destinations. I drive from one trailer location to the next swapping loads each time.

I finally got 2 trailers connected but like an idiot I did it in one of the fenced in areas, so when I tried getting out the gate it got caught and fell apart on me!

Maxine:
Some trailers have simple models some don't. Maybe there's a generic simple that we can reuse? I like seeing them from a distance.

TIPS:
Going uphill and on long straightaways I use the Turbo cheat (WHIZZ)

Try this as a bumper cam position for a rear 3/4 view (seems to work on all truck models):

Code: Select all

-0.560, 0.7530, 1.662          // bumper position 
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Sorry for the double post but I have pictures from my latest road trips.

I am knocked out by the variety of trailers you came up with Maxine.
06.jpg
06.jpg (280.07 KiB) Viewed 9039 times
I finally got a road train happening with two trailers, actually got it all the way up and over the top of the Mundi Mundi Lookout but lost them when I hit a bump on the way downhill.
01.jpg
01.jpg (221.97 KiB) Viewed 9039 times
Drove this tanker all the way from Silverton to the refinery.
02.jpg
02.jpg (271.93 KiB) Viewed 9039 times
03.jpg
03.jpg (207.3 KiB) Viewed 9039 times
04.jpg
04.jpg (228.1 KiB) Viewed 9039 times
last.jpg
last.jpg (186.7 KiB) Viewed 9039 times
I kinda clipped the edge of the gate coming in. :tongue:

Edit:
Amazing how a different horizon pic changes everything.
Rockies.jpg
Rockies.jpg (232.24 KiB) Viewed 9036 times
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Im starting to despise simple models.
I wanted to add them all before my final release.

Made simple models for trailers.. Made coppys of simple models for trailers.
Make simple model of truck, coppy simple model of truck.. then truck dosent work?... wait what?

Yeah the identical to the working simple model.. dosent show up in game, and im getting pissed off because I cant figure out a damn thing wrong, everything is named right, th.... yeah I cant see a single problem.

Road trains wont be apearing yet tho untill there more stable.. Mabye ill just make a roadtrain sim next,

Things dont allways go to plan:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Simple models not showing up. Yes that happens to me too. This sounds ridiculous, but open it in PT2 and just keep renaming it the exact same name until it takes. Sometimes takes 4 or 5 tries.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

coffeycup wrote:
Deep_Blue wrote:I LIKE where this thread is going!
Have you tried this out? It's amazing!

I got it d/l'ed and it's a goodly thing I unzipped it to a temp folder first as it woulda nuked the original Maxmap.

What'd be the best/easiest way to set this up to run alongside the original "Maxed Out!?" (As another race using the same map).
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Deep_Blue wrote:What'd be the best/easiest way to set this up to run alongside the original "Maxed Out!?" (As another race using the same map).
Not sure what you mean. You're supposed to unzip it into Maxie's stand alone mod. You weren't supposed to unzip it into regular Carma. They're the same map. Why would you want both side by side?
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Haven't been able to jump into this yet, but these trucks look real good.

@maxy; how did you make these interiors? Are they flat planes in front of the camera, or can we actually use interior textures on C2?

The different number of trailers and trucks is surprisingly big. How many did you crank out?

As I understand the trailers are now frozen opponents right? Did you guys already try to do something with noncars? Or would they slide to much...

Anyway, great thread and nice work on the trailers. I will try it out asap.

edit: wow I just tried it and I'm amazed! The trailers work really well. You can even jump with them and they still stay attached in most cases! Trucks are also very diverse in handling. Real nice work Maxine!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

coffeycup wrote:
Deep_Blue wrote:What'd be the best/easiest way to set this up to run alongside the original "Maxed Out!?" (As another race using the same map).
Not sure what you mean. You're supposed to unzip it into Maxie's stand alone mod. You weren't supposed to unzip it into regular Carma. They're the same map. Why would you want both side by side?
I have been trying to follow the progress of this when I can check in here, but
OK, obviously I missed something important somewhere along the line...
'stand alone mod?'

I unzipped it into a temp folder and saw stuff called 'maxmap' and assumed it would overwrite the original if I unzipped it into my Carma folder. If that was the case I would have to make it another race using the same track so as not to overwrite the first one.
As usual, I'm still about three cars behind. LOL.

Please tell me of this standalone mod you speak of. I wanna git truckin' :grin:
:confused:

EDIT* Nevermind. I'm a bloomin' idiot. *going back up to the d/l link where Maxy's post refers to the 'standalone mod'.*

That's what I get for skimming the thread instead of actually reading it and I missed the link in between the pics.

D'OH!

:oops:

EDIT AGAIN* THIS IS F#$%IN' AWESOME!!!*

MUCH much mo' better!
better
better
thatsbetter.jpg (55.13 KiB) Viewed 8993 times
Maxy, You is da Ayatollah of Rock-and-Rollah!

:rockon: :rockon:

Awesome job incorporating this mod into Maxed Out!, Coffey!

Will this be the next epic stack of cups and plates!!???!!!

PLEASE continue to experiment with this!

:grin:

Maxy...If yer so inclined, could ya add the Mack R Model I made as a noncar for Maxed Out! to your collection of trucks?
Mackr.zip
.obj file, MM2 Mack R
(8.06 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
MM2 Mack tifs.zip
tifs for Mack R
(253.85 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
If ya wanna make it driveable-feel free to improve/tweak the way it looks, etc.

Ya just gotta have it on this map.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Mad_Maxine wrote:I figure with the austrailian map.. Id create a new item pack that would fit in, with RHD trucks, and trailers built ontop of the one shown in the video I made a while back (they hook togeather)

so... heres what I been working on

as Ya see, new trailers that can attatch to eachother, the trucks I just added the australian brush guard, and the air cleaner things, filters... australian styled ones.. yup.

Edit: Typo in the logo name? ... Fuck,

Yes! Yes! Holy crap, YES!

Except that W900 is barely steerable even by itself. :shock:
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ive actully made a page on my lil site for it now,

http://carmaxinegeddon.webs.com/truck-me

V1.2 released, Probly the last one untull I go back and try make a better hookup, but then that wont be a new mod that will just be another addon,

Go get it!, Includes the max map, simple modls for trucks and trailers now, wich works much better with that higher yon thing.

EDIT:

Just added a new addon for the mod, got it finished faster than I thought.

Download is on same page as the mod,

Allso sometime later.. There is an addon planned I know some of you guys will like... Specially DB
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Wow, I'll have to try this tonight after work.

Maxine,
I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I am having with this mod. I also can't believe how much work you've put into it. All these tractor cabs, each with multiple skins and then all these trailers! I keep discovering new ones I hadn't seen. You're crazy! :)

I haven't even tried the Australian patch yet. I was screwing around with your hay wagon turning it into a livestock trailer filled with cows. That must be like the ONLY freakin trailer type you didn't already make. (I think my favorite is the one with the two front-end loaders)

You know, it's really too bad that when the cars race as opponents that they don't use their own paperwork. I mean, you can set up a car to have a top speed of 60MPH when you drive it but when the AI drive the car, it races around at 200MPH

I had been thinking it's too bad we can't have other opponents racing around with the trucks. It occurred to me instead of using the 'freeze opponents' cheat or removing the opponent paths to keep the trailers from driving around, what is we edit the trailer TXT file and set the number of gears to 0 and top red line speed to 0? Thinking I had made some brilliant deduction I tested it and was greeted by a trailer ramming me from behind. Oops, oh yeah. AI seem to use generic physics not the individual TXT settings.

Ok, plan B. Since its you and a bunch of trailers, what kind of maps would be good to make to be more Carmageddon like? I say lots of peds and non-cars. Also some drone traffic. Maxine, I know you removed the drones but I can see having a patch to add a few back in with a map install. I can imagine a big shopping mall with loading docks in back and big parking lots in front full of parked cars and peds and shopping carts. Imagine a Mack truck with a load of logs fish-tailing through the lot.

Anyway, this mod has lots of potential for new trucks and trailers and maps!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Best weekend ever, Not because of the mods but, Its been awsome!.

So before I go on lets answer a few things I may have missed here,

Coffey:
The road trains were not released, kidna need to work o na better system for them, dont seem to hold togeather too well, those are jsut mockup pics using the regular trucks as a base. so I havent made them work alone yet,
as for trailers.. Ive actully made a livestock trailer, But I dident like it, so I deleted it, and theres still more stuff possible yet, Im planning to possibly make an addon trailer pack, for yous modders.

Deep_Blue:
Glad your having fun, I can drive the W900 fine? so I dont know what your doing there,
Allso sorry but I probly wont be using those trucks you made.. Why you may ask!? well Im very... weird when it comes to my own mods, see I have this weird little thing going here where I make everything using my own same method, And thus they kinda look like they all belong togeather, If I just importe danother model I feel it would stick out some, But dont worrie.. I said Id make you happy and I still shall.

Harmalarm:
Ther interiors are flat textures placed directly infront of the driver cam position, I used this method way back when I made thumper from twisted metal for C2, it looked much better in that tho.. Actully it looked like it was soposed to be there in that.. lets face it tho these truck dashes are pretty bad...
allso nonecars skate around as if there on ice with no turning wheels or suspension throwing out sparks wildly

Time for a peek at the next pack to release?
Hey DB,... Guess what this can be modded into? :P Dident I say you would have something.

Cheesy add format!
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Truck Me! [Rel 1.2]

Post by coffeycup »

Maxine, you make 10 things for every 1 (or less) that everyone else does. Holy shit.

Version 1.2 is real nice. And the trailers REALLY stay on. I was doing donuts holding down the Z key and swinging the trailer around in circles, it was crazy smacking into peds.

Anyway, love the old Mack too!
Carma2_HW 2013-05-06 21-00-02-51.jpg
Carma2_HW 2013-05-06 21-00-02-51.jpg (205.59 KiB) Viewed 8933 times
I'm going to drive this a lot. I might even add a real simple interior to mine.

Check who’s online