Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Highres Sanity

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Highres Sanity

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Do you know what insanity is?

A guy who owns a british travel company once said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results.

Highres mods, What are these? well they take old textures from games and make them higher resolution.. making the game look more detailed. allso remaking models, and stuff like that.. Only the problem with any.. 'Highres' mods for carmageddon maps is they allways seem Diffrent.. I like skinning maps I like making them look diffrent, But all the mods ive seen for highres seem to change the look of the map.. So I start my project heres some early stages.. What im doing is.. trying to exactly replicate carmageddon textures in a higher resolution.. no changed textures, no changed atmosphere Just the same thing more detailed.. To my knowlage this has never been done yet, Only problem is sometimes carmageddon uses textures backwords.. Like the closed sign

I call it Carmageddon Rein.... wait.

Carmageddon Resurection!

Example Textures:

coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Highres Sanity

Post by coffeycup »

Ah yes, the famous travel agent Albert Einstein..

Those look cool. The iOS textures might be higher res already. The cars are, maybe buildings are too? Tosh would know.

The first thing my eye goes to is the horizon pic, are you going to update those as well? Also seems like you should use black fog, not white, on that level you've shown.
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

ooh yeah i adore u. was dreaming about adopting hires textures for old cities but can't draw by myself. previews look amazing
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Thanks hazardy thats half the reson I do this stuff :P to make you people happy while enjoying myself.

Coffeypants:
The map settings are as I got them from Toxic Ragers, all maps seem to have white fog no matter what, As im going thru the maps Ill allso change the fog settings and such,

So should I release these as I do them? Rather than wating till ive finished all and having a big pack? That could take sevral hundred years in my case.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Yea, I noticed that too about the fog on the C1toC2 maps. White fog works with most of the daylight maps though I usually try to pick a color from the horizon pix so that the fog will blend in.

And yeah, release as they get done. :tongue:
Amador
mechanic

Post by Amador »

Great idea Mad_maxine, I have been waiting for ages for someone to update the original c2 track textures, they're really lacking in resolution.
Image "I'll be back."
Amador
mechanic

Post by Amador »

Hi Maxine! Is this project still on? Highres Hell was amazing, your textures really gave a new "life" to the track.
Image "I'll be back."
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Along with the other list of projects,

Ive never actully released any of my highres skins yet, and I dident do one of hell ,Hell I actully reskinned and changed the look of, thats the point of remaking textures, as far as I know... nobody has ever reskinned a map with hires versions of the orignal skins, from what ive seen everyone so far has just Replaced the textures, with totally diffrent ones.

Will get back on this soon. along with..

truck mod, the 32 ford, van bangers, US demolition derby mod, Alternate C2 Carnaged, British C1 mod, Varius C1, C2 cars, yeah..
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

i dream bout your hires maim street too btw. hope someday it will be finished

Check who’s online