Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Dinosaurs!

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Dinosaurs!

Post by coffeycup »

Thanks Sir Harm for converting this for me. Works fine for you!?!
Game#174.jpg
Game#174.jpg (176.75 KiB) Viewed 2127 times
Game#172.jpg
Game#172.jpg (155.64 KiB) Viewed 2127 times
It'll be better with some trees and vegetation.

I'll just keep making the island and not worry that I can't export it. :smile:
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

coffeycup wrote:Works fine for you!?!
I had to do some minor fixes in 3ds. I had to perform the Xform-reset. That will pretty much rebuild the mesh so it removes all undesired faults. After that the exportscript worked like a charm.
So yeah, if you need further help in exporting in the future, I'll be your man. Or you could try it yourself. Scripts are all available; http://carmatools.harmsollie.nl/files/C ... 130131.zip

and that mountainrange in the background looks so cool!
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I have a really old version of 3dsmax - 3.1 so I don't know if your scripts will work?
IslaNublar.jpg
IslaNublar.jpg (262.88 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
I have been filling in more areas. There sure are a lot of little triangles to click on with the paint bucket. After 30 or 40 minutes of click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click I have to take a break. :supercrazy:

Once I get all the white filled in I can add some treelines. We used quite a few transparent 'walls' of trees in the Mad Max map that, for me at least, didn't flicker too much. I think if I do walls of trees to cover large areas and then try to use solid, no alpha channel models for the individual leafy vegetation where I need the details, that'll work. That's the plan at least.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

:eek: That overview is neat! I can imagine mapping that island is a bit of a b****.

The vegetation plan seems solid to me. It does matter on how many triangles you slap a transparent texture though. In the case of the maxmap, I think the billboards were simple shapes, but when the treeline has to follow the islands hills you will need to cut it up in smaller segments. That might mean more alpha's and more errors... Only one way to find out though, so let's hope it isn't that dramatic.

looking good so far coffey
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Yeah.. thats gona take hours to drive across heh,

I cant wait to play this tho, The more time goes on the better and better mods get. The day I said all new maps should have there own, drones, peds, cars,. yup the day is here.

Enough talking crap. I shall now wait for the finish,

Check who’s online