Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Opponent hardness

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Opponent hardness

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Greetings, Ive had a look and cant really find anything on this. Opponent hardness.

So as we know bigger tougher opponents apear as the game progresses, the opponents allso seem tougher and heavyer than before even when using the same cars as in the early races (I foudn this out playing thru with No APO)

Is there any way at all I can have the opponents not get heavyer as the game goes along? This would really mess up my mod if not. Id like bigger cars to apear and faster cars and such. but I dont like the idea of everyone else getting harder when the player car is still orignal.. that means ill have to put APO back in.. .and I really dont want to do that. Any help on this would be apreciated. but I cant find any settings or anything. or info on here. I figured if anywhere it would be in the genral text. but i cant find nothing at all.
Fuel
speed freak

Re: Opponent hardness

Post by Fuel »

I'd guess this right at the top of races.txt might have something to do with it:
// DEFAULT PARAMETERS

5 // Default number of opponents in first race
11 // Default number of opponents in last race
0.5,3 // Softness,hardest rank of opponents in first race
3,6 // Softness,hardest rank of opponents in last race

0.8 // Opponent nastiness influencer for first race
5 // Opponent nastiness influencer for last race
I have no idea to what degree the numbers affect anything. I guess you'd have to just play about and see what happens. Hope it helps!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Opponent hardness

Post by Mad_Maxine »

First thing I tried.
That only changes the type of car that apears ingame. ah well..

Check who’s online