Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

My big project (assistance needed!)

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
CarnEvilcrazy
mechanic

My big project (assistance needed!)

Post by CarnEvilcrazy »

Hi everyone!

Last night I was watching a video on the final boss for the newest Twisted MEtal game, and I had a terrific idea. (don't have a video link sorry)

What if this could be made and put into carmageddon 2?

If you don't know what i'm talking about, then i'll tell you. It's a gigantic carnival on wheels, where the players have to destroy this clown head that shoots flames, while dodging mines and turrets, and when the heads, destroyed, then they can go into the mouth and be carried up into the carnivals 1st tage: a giant pinball machine, where they need to destroy another clown head, in order to reach the top which is a terrifying gauntlet.
After passing that horror, they then do battle with a giant metal head on top of the carnival, and after destroying it, beating the boss/game.

I think this might be totally possible, but there are things that I considered.

1st off: name. I figured Circus of Destruction works, because it's already called Sweet Tooth's Carnival of carnage.
2nd off: the mobile monster. Is it a drone, or part of the track? (I think the track because the player needs to drive into it and everything.)
3rd off: armament. This moblie death machine should have some way of defending itself. Are dropping mines, opponets or solid granite drones possible?
4th off: the stages to the mission. I was thinking something like starting underneath the titan, then taking a constantly lowering and raising lift to the three ring circus part of the level, where they might fight some opponents or something, then take another lift to the top, where they actually need to drive on the tent and a roller coaster, and reach the top to activate a bomb or something.
5th off: The mission itself. I think it might be possible to make an endless dirt plane, because the circus will be constantly driving forward.

This sure isn't going to be easy, so I need some assistance, tutorials, stuff like that. I've made a bunch of vehicles, but only 1 track (which wasn't much). I'll need a pretty good modeller, someone who knows about tracks, and someone who can texture well.

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: My big project (assistance needed!)

Post by coffeycup »

You're looking for a modeller, texture person and someone who can make tracks? What would you be doing on the project? It sounds like you're looking for someone to do it for you?

No one here was born knowing how to model, texture or make tracks. We taught ourselves, and asked for help when something didn't work. We are always glad to help people when they're trying to figure something out, but no one is going to do it for you.

There are tutorials in the Noobs section. I suggest you take a stab at trying to make this yourself or at least get it started, show us your progress. We love seeing people learn and make new stuff for Carma.

Check who’s online