Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Concept.. of concept.

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Re: Concept.. of concept.

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Ok, read what's there: "I'm gonna change/add a lot of things"

But I'm gonna tell you some specific things:

This is, like my 2007 Firebird, a modern concept, that means something i could imagine driving around these days. For aerodynamical reasons, it's not very reasonable to "sink" the headlights into the front. I'm gonna change them a bit though, just be patient.

Aerodynamics are also the reason for the round roof.

And, there are very few cars driving around with chrom panels at the windows todays, I'm rather adding black panels around them.

A wing will be added in the R/T version of it.

The taillights are 3D, the pic messes with your head :wink: .

Everything cleared?

To Carboy: I use the same "strategy" like I did on my Firebird, that's why there are some little similarities, esp. due to the fact that, like i wrote above, both cars are based on a modern body.

Always keep in mind: Retro cars are coming, check out the Ford GT, the '05 Mustang... all very close to their 'ancestors', only more aerodynamical and with less chrome. If you look at modern cars, you won't find "holes" in the front like it was usual on old cars, because they just mess up the aerodynamic flow of the air and cause huge fuel sucking.
Carboy717
road raged psycho

Post by Carboy717 »

All i meant was the pointed front looked alot like the firebirds
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

yeah ok, but that may only be in your memory like that, because both have 4 lights :wink: .

Have a close look again on the Firebirds front, they are way different.

The Challenger goes rather like this: >

While the Firebird goes like this: }

Plus, the Firebird lights are behind glass, and the chrome panel goes around everything. Meh, they are totally different :wink: .

Look at this pic and compare, they really are much different:

Carboy717
road raged psycho

Post by Carboy717 »

Yeah they r, now stop wasting time argueing with me and get to work :tongue:
Forsaken Brolly
Humanoid Typhoon

Post by Forsaken Brolly »

MCF, another top notch conceptf from you. nice work! also, what did you use to render that firebird?
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

@Carboy: hehe yeah, I don't want to argue either :tongue:

I usually don't react like that to criticism, but this time i just didn't get your point :wink: sorry.

@FB: 3DSmax 5
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Very nice MCF! I got a few suggestions. The front lights are cool, but most new cars don't use sealed beam headlights anymore. You should try making a clear lense with a bulb. Something like the headlights off a new Impala would look great since it's a great modern rendition of the old "four-eyes" system. Also, most modern cars don't have the front signal where you have it. They integrated it into the headlight unit. Make that orange turn signal a foglight. The front seems to be too pointy. Try to lessen the angle of the front. I really like how you integrated the old body lines above the rear wheel arch.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Hehehe... Listen up folk's. Stay tuned to this thread. Myself & AdR have teamed up to bring you all a bit of a surprise. It seems to kind of fit into this thread the best. In fact, I cropped a bitty piece of a screenshot off of one of the pic's to kinda wet your appetites... It's attached below... Just keep your eyes tuned in here & we'll give you all a bigger peek as soon as AdR feels that enough is done. Oh yeah, this is a design of mine being built by AdR. So, it's a team project. :lol: :cool:

Dean Image
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

By hell, that sounds interesting! And it does look like that aswell!

Will it go rather american-like or 'riced' ?
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Will it go rather american-like or 'riced' ?

American! :grin: though it has a couple of wings and spoilers... doesn't look "riced" anyway, it looks tough! :cool:
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Will it be...Apoc? :grin: like the marauder :smile: that one was just great man :smile:
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Nope, it won't be Apocalyptic. Moreso, it will be like a beautiful brand spanking new concept car. Make & such will not be revealed until we truly have something more to show you all. At that time, it will most likely end up in it's own thread. So, keep watching. :smile:

Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!

Check who’s online