Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The next one 2012

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: The next one 2012

Post by Razor »

The lights look odd on the bonnet but other than that it looks great.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

That Screwie remake is bloody marvellous! Bloody good job old chap.
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Well I did try the new screwie.. suspension feels like a sports car, seems to have no ride hight? and drives odd.. Im the jerk but someones got to do it, I like how it looks tho and the driver is cool too.

And to mr Razorpants, I think he is aiming more to one of those offroady bajabuggy things.. Huuzah
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

[quote="Mad_Maxine"]Well I did try the new screwie.. suspension feels like a sports car, seems to have no ride hight? and drives odd.. Im the jerk but someones got to do it, I like how it looks tho and the driver is cool too.

Glad you like how it looks. I decided to keep the same handling as the original Screwie which is a little shit I must admit. with the beetle I have spent a lot of time trying to set up the handling, but hey! we will see what you think.

Thanks. Dementor for comments.

And here are the latest of the beetle.

Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Looks great, Pip. I hope you continue with these C2 remakes.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Razor wrote:Looks great, Pip. I hope you continue with these C2 remakes.
Thanks. Yes the next remake is on the drawing board as we speak. Oh! and I have sent the beetle to Coffey and N3wton so hopefully soon you be able have a go :smile:

Pip
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Monster Beetle @ Wasted!
http://www.carmajunkies.com/downloads/i ... ew&id=1001

Another awesome release Pip! :) well done bud
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Hi. Thanks N3wton. Anyway here is the next one, another remake of a C2 car that I don't think is that popular with the hardcore C2 boys. Anyway here are a couple of WIPS.

Mad Morris. :smile:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Rear wheels need to be bigger on that one. Great choice of vehicle to remake though, would never have thought to do Maurice Stalwart's Mad Morris.
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

These remakes are really good! Easy decision to replace the originals with these. And yes I did just sign up to pretty much say that.
I also wanted to ask a couple of things if that's ok?
What program are you using to create the models? I'm thinking of trying to make some cars for C2 as well and am keeping my options open at the minute.
You also mentioned a thunderbucket remake earlier in the thread. Is that one of the things you lost in the crash or are there still plans for that?
Keep up the good work! Hope to see your stuff in C:R too :rockon:
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Fuel wrote:These remakes are really good! Easy decision to replace the originals with these. And yes I did just sign up to pretty much say that.
I also wanted to ask a couple of things if that's ok?
What program are you using to create the models? I'm thinking of trying to make some cars for C2 as well and am keeping my options open at the minute.
You also mentioned a thunderbucket remake earlier in the thread. Is that one of the things you lost in the crash or are there still plans for that?
Keep up the good work! Hope to see your stuff in C:R too :rockon:

Firstly, welcome to the board Fuel and thanks for your comments. Okay, so your first question: I use z modeler2 to create the cars, I use this because I could never really get to grips with 3Dsmax though this is the choice of Tosh or Harm for example, Coffey I believe uses google sketchup and some others use Car Ed. If you can use 3ds max then that would be the best as Harm is working on lots of scripts for 3ds max that will make life easier for moddders.
For example when I make a car in Zmod2 i have to then export it to Zmod1 then from there I have to export it to 3dsmax and from there export it to Plaything using the Asc export filter. And I have to do all that because I am too old to learn 3dsmax. :sad:

Secondly, The thunderbucket will be done at some stage, but Mad Morris is priority at the moment :smile:
I hope this has not put you off, and please have a go at modelling because we need some fresh blood here, and you can ask for help anytime as the guy's and girl's here are always willing to help.

Pip

Oh! almost forgot. Razor: I know the rear wheels should be bigger but i decided to go for a more Pro-street look.

Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Cool, thanks for the info pip!

The Mad Morris is looking good so far :smile:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Heh, looks really cool now that it's got a few textures on it.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Good god, how are you cranking these out so quickly? I thought you had little kiddies at home?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

You're unstoppable lately :)
The monster Beetle is a great addon IMO. You're progressing well texture-wise!
BTW, next time you make suspensions etc. there are parts that you should set as uncrushable to prevent frm deforming ingame.

Mad Morris's looking pretty good as well :)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

coffeycup wrote:Good god, how are you cranking these out so quickly? I thought you had little kiddies at home?
Sadly due to global economic conditions I had to sell the kid's :wink: Okay, so that isn't true. But yes the kiddies are fine, but keep asking there Mum "who is that man who lives in our house with us"

Any way here are a couple of most recent shots of Mad Morris.

Razor and Fuel Thanks.

@ Tosh: Thanks for comments, and note taken about the suspension. :smile:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Damn, that's impressive now!
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Loving it Pip, the wheels look great!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Looking good! :saston:
Aren't the dark lines defining the doors a bit too present here?
I would have made them a bit thinner, doesn't shock with the trunk but the doors look kinda fuzzy.
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Looking good! :saston:
Aren't the dark lines defining the doors a bit too present here?
I would have made them a bit thinner, doesn't shock with the trunk but the doors look kinda fuzzy.

:smile:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

HAH! I love those sponsors.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Man you are really motivating me to do some car modelling myself with this work! Really like the model pip! Great work
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Razor wrote:HAH! I love those sponsors.
Yeah me too. They are done by a Swedish graphic designer called Viktor Hertz.

Thanks for comments so far guys.

Pip
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Ha, yes the decals great. But the TIFs must be huge to maintain that amount of detail?
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

coffeycup wrote:Ha, yes the decals great. But the TIFs must be huge to maintain that amount of detail?
That is one Tiff for the whole lower door 256×256.
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Hi. Latest pic:

Pip
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Looks ace, you've added a lot of detail to it. I hope you get some of these C2 remakes into C:R when it's released.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Yeah, that really looks great Pip.

@Razor Ya! Judging by how quickly Stainless got Tez's 3DMax model of the Eagle into the game and that they're sticking with Beelzebub I'm hoping that the learning curve won't be too steep, at least for those of us who already know how to get a custom car into C2.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

You can download Mad Morris here. Thanks Pip!
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Awesome job again Pip :smile:
I have found a texture problem though, the main engine block and blower grill, but not the actual blower, seem to be pure white. The blower is chromed up real nice but that's it.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

You're right. Mine does that too. I've emailed PIP.

I usually test files I recieve but I was in a hurry to get it out there and Pip's stuff normally doesn't have problems.
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Bugger, Poo, plop... Hi guys I really am at a loss at how that happened, but thanks Fuel for pointing it out :smile: I have sent Coffey and N3wton the updated zip. And now I am off to punish myself. Bad boy, bad bo.........
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Ok, I've uploaded the new ZIP and this one appears to be fine. :wink:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Clearly your best add-on so far! The last one was already much better (IMO) than the rest).
But it keeps on getting better :)
It also seems to me like your resource management is slowly improving texture-wise. I'd still reduce a lot of your textures in size, but less than before :B
You fill them with more details too.

Now if you want more challenge, you can try to keep the same polycount but lower the external geometry and make solid parts. Most of your components have no thickness so far. It's common with C2 editing but considering the polycount your cars have you can try to give them a lowpoly inner side :)
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Hi, Firstly usual thanks to Coffey and N3wton for you know what :wink:

@Tosh: Thanks for comments, But I am not much good at challenges :sad: (slowly,slowly)

Anyway here is 2 pics of the next remake, I think you can guess what it is :smile:

Pip

Check who’s online