Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The next one 2012

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: The next one 2012

Post by Razor »

Oh shit, Slam Sedan! That car so deserved a remake! PIp, you're too fast.

EDIT: I hope you do keep it pink, as the original was.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Aww yeah! Looking forward to the slam sedan :grin: I just yesterday re-added it back into my game after finding a decent skin for it. Cannot stand that pink on the original..
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Hi, It is going to be pink Razor (which sadly I hate) so sorry Fuel, but maybe we can have a 2012 slam sedan skin competition later on.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Pip the pest wrote:but maybe we can have a 2012 slam sedan skin competition later on.
Sounds very good!
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Pip the pest wrote:Hi, It is going to be pink Razor (which sadly I hate) so sorry Fuel, but maybe we can have a 2012 slam sedan skin competition later on.
No need to apologise, it's your redesign after all :smile:
Honestly I like the overall skin design of the Slam Sedan anyway so I'll probably just try to change the pink to red like Otis' Caddy Fat Cat in C1.
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

a long, long way to go :wink:

coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Long way to go, huh. So that must mean tomorrow? :wink:
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

coffeycup wrote:Long way to go, huh. So that must mean tomorrow? :wink:
Actually I was Thinking tonight. :smile:
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Here is a so far pic for you all.

Pip
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Oh shit, that's sexy.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Looking good man. Think I can put up with the pink :tongue: I am prefering the original wheels on the first 'coloured' pic though. The chrome with a pink outline just looks nicer.
Are you planning on making the spikes animated like the original?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Nice work Pip.

Re wheels. What about detachable hubcaps?
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Hi, Okay so it is 99% done and should be on it's way to Coffey and N3wton soon.

@ Fuel:the spikes are animated and some other things as well. You will see :smile:

@ coffey: No detachable hubcaps this time but thanks for the idea, if any consolation Otis's hat detaches.

Razor, thanks for the sexy.

Here are some pics:

Pip
coffeycup
Genesis

Download Slam Sedan

Post by coffeycup »

Boom shaka laka laka. Boom shaka laka laka. Boom shaka laka laka. Boom Boom.

You can download it here!
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Thanks Coffey. :smile:

Pip

P.S so what will be the next one?
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Here comes, well I think you can guess.

Pip
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Slam Sedan is ace Pip, loving the pumping speakers ;) Good Job!

Also, Tashita 2 - Cannot wait!! Always loved the good ol' Tashita :beer:

At this rate you'll have the entire C2 roster redone by Christmas :supercrazy:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Fuel wrote:At this rate you'll have the entire C2 roster redone by Christmas :supercrazy:
No kidding!

@Pip - one minor quibble with Slam Sedan. I wish the moving pistons were somehow attached to frame so when fender falls off they aren't free floating. Like I said minor quibble on a beautiful job.

Are you planning on remaking all the C2 cars? What about C1? :slol:
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

coffeycup wrote:
Fuel wrote:At this rate you'll have the entire C2 roster redone by Christmas :supercrazy:
No kidding!

@Pip - one minor quibble with Slam Sedan. I wish the moving pistons were somehow attached to frame so when fender falls off they aren't free floating. Like I said minor quibble on a beautiful job.

Are you planning on remaking all the C2 cars? What about C1? :slol:
Hi, Firstly I am glad you like Otis.I wanted to put a connecting rod on the pistons so they did not look as though they were floating, but I did not get around to doing it :sad:

I do not plan on remaking all of the C2 cars but here are a few I would like to do: The Cow poker (57 fairlane) The prop shafter based on a 66 Mustang, Of course the Thunderbucket (55 t-bird) Coupe De Grace (32 ford coupe) and The Bimmer, But I have no idea what to base that car on, so if you or anyone else has any Ideas I would be grateful. :smile:

After I have done these, there are a couple of addon cars that were made along time ago by different modders that I would like to remake, But we will see. I am on a roll at the moment but who knows what is around the corner. :smile:

Oh! and no I do not think there will be any C1 remakes.

P.S Thanks Fuel for comments. And what has happened to Wasted it has been down for days?
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Oh shit, Pip you're doing a great job, chap. Slam Sedan looks fantastic! Really can't wait for Tashita 2, that's going to be a right beast of a machine.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

server overload with Wasted! strange though as this forum is hosted on the same box and is fine - currently trying to liaise with my clients and other peoples sites i host to get any crappy wordpress plugins removed as they are normally the cause of dodgy CPU spikes = Internal 500 Errors..
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Pip the pest wrote:I do not plan on remaking all of the C2 cars but here are a few I would like to do: The Cow poker (57 fairlane) The prop shafter based on a 66 Mustang, Of course the Thunderbucket (55 t-bird) Coupe De Grace (32 ford coupe) and The Bimmer, But I have no idea what to base that car on, so if you or anyone else has any Ideas I would be grateful. :smile:
The Bimmer? Hmm that's tough. I don't think it was based on any real car was it? Maybe loosely based on a BMW going by the name and few design cues but yeah.. It reminds me a bit of the BMW M8. If not I think the Mitsubishi Gallant or Lancer would be a nice fit.

Edit: It's not the M8 I was thinking of, though it looks similar. It's the M1. Check the procar version and that'd make a nice base for it I think. There's even a recent "hommage" concept of it with someone doing a racing concept of that here
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

http://www.bmwccbc.org/misc/tech-and-trivia/bimmer.html Didn't know about this. Also The Bimmer is based on a BMW.
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Thanks for info Fuel and Razor. When I get around to doing it I will base it on a 1990 BMW M3 E30 :smile:

Pip
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Once again it looks better than the previous one!
The animated speaker and cigar smoke were especially nice details.

I have a few things I can point out:
-The front grill isn't two sided we can see the hole through the front wheel wells. It's too bad 'cause it is your most solid looking model so far.
-You might also want to tweak the Y Max's in the WAM file as this model deforms a lot by its underneath. Check Harm's tut about that.
-There's a way to get rid of the steering wheel freezing when the camera is close to it: you have to move the actor pivot further (can be done in PT2 by moving the model with SHIFT+T then placing it back into place via ALT+T (and the negative of the value you used to move it)).
-You set the trunk and hood to be kevoflap as the doors. Sometimes one of the doors opens after the three other components, which is the case here, and then well I think it's better to disable the kevoflap for the trunk or hood to let both doors open at the same time (good for ped killing).
-I'm a bit surprised you don't keep the original car physics. Most of your cars are much too powerful and here the car has a lot of grip and is very stiff, it shares nothing with the original handling. IMO it'd be easier to keep what's already there?

I think that's all I had to say :)
Here's a pic
enb2012_6_29_18_53_37.jpg
enb2012_6_29_18_53_37.jpg (63.56 KiB) Viewed 8792 times
Looking forward for the new Tashita, my favorite C2 car I think.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Thanks for the tips Tosh :smile: I wanted to keep the original handling of all the remakes but got carried away with Morris and Slam but I will try and keep Tashita as close to the original as I can.

Not much to report on Tashita but here is a pic anyway.

Pip
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

You don't half work quick, bastard. :swheel:
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Razor wrote:You don't half work quick, bastard. :swheel:
:tongue: Image
Fuel
speed freak

Post by Fuel »

Looking good so far. Are you doing the blue skin from the C2 opening sequence?
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Fuel wrote:blue skin from the C2 opening sequence
I hope not ;)
Maybe 2 skins, the blue one and the final one.
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Hi, No it will be one skin: the red and white one. I Env map the body first when doing the smoothing groups and decided to choose this blue at random.
Pip

Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

That looks great already, the front bumper does seem to stick out a bit too far though.
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Post by Pip the pest »

Razor wrote:That looks great already, the front bumper does seem to stick out a bit too far though.

I adjusted it a little. :smile:

Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

That is one bad-ass looking tashita! I see these models easilly make it into reincarnation by the way. The poly-count seems decent for modern day games and with a little tweaking I am sure they will fit right in!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Man.. you like the best thing ever for carma.. Soon you will have all the cars remade :P awsome...

I still havent tried mad moris but ill go up soon.. just dont be mad if i tweek the handling and such :P

Check who’s online