Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

[REL]Hay All, My first post, and also my first car released.

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Sleep Dirt
hit n run

[REL]Hay All, My first post, and also my first car released.

Post by Sleep Dirt »

Rad, hay all! :tongue:
Before I get to the cars I want to say a hyper massive thanks galvanized in appreciation to all here for keeping one of my favorite games very alive! I have used alot of the amazing mods people here have made, and allways wanted to contribute some 3D death machines of my own making, so here we are with my first vehicle and its two variations!

One for production purists, one for SoDists and one for wasteland warriors, all in the form of the Mk4 Ford Cortina v8.

Working suspension, lights & doors.
Smashable windows & lights.
Lots of detachables.
Menu images.

Standard Cortina with two alternative skins (Blue & Gray).

5963 Triangles.
26 Detachables.

Download here - http://www.filedropper.com/fordcortina

Stripped out Cortina banger skinned as a the UK racer Billy Bond.

5389 Triangles.
4 Detachables.

Download here - http://www.filedropper.com/cortinabanger

Apocalypse Cortina Foul Shaft, drievn by Suzy Clitsaw and armoerd up 'n' ready to make a mess of whatever you wish.

8461 Triangles.
35 Detachables.

Download here - http://www.filedropper.com/foulshaft

Thay aint perfect and there ia a couple of bad pollys here 'n' there, thay took me bloody ages, and the learning curve was quite a steep one, but I think I managed to get them up to an ok standard.

I hope yous enjoy smashing the shit out of these!
And if anybodys up for whoping them up on there site that would be immense!
Any constructive criticism will be appreciated.

Sleep Dirt. :yingyang:
Last edited by Sleep Dirt on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ocean Is the Ultimate Solution.
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

Re: [REL]Hay All, My first post, and also my first car relea

Post by Pip the pest »

Hi Sleep Dirt, welcome to the clan :smile: I have not had a chance to try it yet but it looks pretty awesome. Keep up the good work.

PTP
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

I like Apocalyptic one. It's really cool the front and back bumper deform pretty awesome when you drive into a wall.

The second internal camera is on a .... weird spot to say the least, around twenty feet away from the car and inside the ground, but the rest works flawless. Is it splittable?
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Nice job man. Do some more!

Edit: Are these files dependent on each other? I grabbed FoulShaft, but most of it is untextured in the game?
Sleep Dirt
hit n run

Post by Sleep Dirt »

Hay thanks guys!
Fireman wrote:I like Apocalyptic one. It's really cool the front and back bumper deform pretty awesome when you drive into a wall.

The second internal camera is on a .... weird spot to say the least, around twenty feet away from the car and inside the ground, but the rest works flawless. Is it splittable?
Rad, glad you dig the bumper damage, I did try lay the pollys out in a way to give nice deformation.
Man I knew I'd forget or get something not quite right, Ill call that camera angle the astral projection angle. :crazy:

Sorry it's not splittable, I kinda forgot to say about the odd b-box, I used five b-boxes for the car, sorta set out like this.

I sort of made it to see if the car would handle deformation better having four b-boxes crushing independently of each other instead of just the one, and I beleve it dose, but I mainly made it because of "phantom components" e.g. I found crushing the front of the left and right front wings, would make the uncrushed bonnet and grill area "fall out" of the b-box, and turn to a phantom component, this happens a load in SoD and to other cars with low polly bonnets that don't fold but flap, this was the only way I found to stop it, I dont know if anybody else has this happen to them, but maybe the damage settings I run could contribute to this phantom component problem. (that was prolly a poor description of what I mean, I will post a visual aid if needs be)

I will happily make a diffrent b-box if peeps want the car to be splittable.

Rad rad, Sleep Dirt. :yingyang:
coffeycup wrote:Nice job man. Do some more!

Edit: Are these files dependent on each other? I grabbed FoulShaft, but most of it is untextured in the game?
Thanks dude :smile: I do have another about 80% complete, so hopefully be out soonish.

Thats fairly odd? Thay are independent of each other, FoulShaft was fine when i uninstalled/reinstalled to check it worked ok straight out of the .rar, it doesn't appear Fireman had a problem with it or I think he would have said something?

Yo Fireman did you install Foulshaft on its own, or with the others? and was the textures ok?

Edit: Just installed Foulshaft to my stock install of carma and she was fine, hopefully its not conflicting with another mod car.

Sleep Dirt :yingyang:
Last edited by Sleep Dirt on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Cortina Banger worked fine though! Really nice.

My WinRAR does give an error extracting the FoulShaft files, so maybe I'm not getting everything.
Sleep Dirt
hit n run

Post by Sleep Dirt »

I repacked 'n' reuploaded FoulShaft in case it was bad compression on my end, hopefully this one works for you CC

Link: http://www.filedropper.com/foulshaft_1

Sleep Dirt :yingyang:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Thanks! That fixed it for me.

Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

After playing with this car for a while, I noticed the bumper actually protects the engine, until it's deformed enough that the engine can be hit.

Which is pretty cool, I can drive four times into a pointy edge with 500 MPH and the engine won't get scratched but if you do it twice in a row without repairing you're done for.

It makes it feel a lot more like a derby car, protection-wise. Never noticed it on any other cars.
Sleep Dirt
hit n run

Post by Sleep Dirt »

That's pretty rad Fireman, I didn't notice that myself, I did mess with the engine strength in the damage setup zone of the car txt, must have chose a number that correlated nicely with the crush distance .

I very happy that car gets a bit of use :smile: I'm currently upgrading the running gear, wheels and engine bay bits for um, hopefully to be finished in the next week as I have some other cars kicking about I want to try release before next month.

Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Impressive first car man! Too bad I can't test it. But anyway, welcome to the club!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Nice one, SD!
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online