Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Pedestrian visibility

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Pedestrian visibility

Post by C2 Scientist »

Hello everyone,

I decided to play C1 for a change, and quickly noticed something annoying. The pedestrians pop up into the view a bit too late, considering that I've upped the drawing distance of the environment. I'd prefer to see them a bit further away, so that it would be easier to plan ahead how to hit them when driving at high speed. =P

I searched the various textfiles for clues, but couldn't really find a related setting. I wonder if this can be done.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Pedestrian visibility

Post by TTR »

OH LOL actually i searched for that exactly 2 days ago..didnt find it neither
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Pedestrian visibility

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Peds in C1 aren't handled at all like in C2.
Somehow I think that what you're looking for is hard-coded :(

Here I keep playing with the Yon set to 35 as higher values might screw up the opponents' behavior.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Pedestrian visibility

Post by C2 Scientist »

Ok, I guess there's not much to do in that case. Thanks anyway!

By the way, is 640x480 still the max resolution, or is there anything that lets C1 work in higher resolution, including different aspect ratios? If I'm not mistaken, a glidewrapper wouldn't work since the game isn't hardware accelerated.

I'd also like to get rid of the slightly jerky vehicle movements when steering, but that could just be another uneditable setting.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Pedestrian visibility

Post by Razor »

C2S, I'm using hifi's .dll for C1 and I'm running the game windowed at 1280x720, it runs real smoothly too.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Pedestrian visibility

Post by C2 Scientist »

Thanks Razor, I'll try that. :)

Hmm. It still looks pixelated, meaning that it doesn't seem to be really increasing the resolution. I tried editing the .ini to set a 1920x1080 resolution, then a 1280x960 (= 2 x 640x480). Similarly, a resolution of 2560x1920 (4 x 640x480) showed as slightly 'zoomed-in' on my TV, but still pixelated.

Does yours work differently? I just dropped the Ddraw.dll into Carmageddon directory, and run Carm95.exe with the -hires option.

Also, I went to the tutorials section at RR and tried to read the "Carmageddon 1 with Glidewrapper" post, but the links are pointing to the 'old' CWA, and aren't currently working. I'll go and try to find them on the new CWA instead.

Check who’s online