Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

'69 beetle for carma 1

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Econobrick
Stucco

'69 beetle for carma 1

Post by Econobrick »

another beetle! but this one is far superior to the super beetle i made a while back...

I also plan to put an interior in there, thus making a c2 version.
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Re: '69 beetle for carma 1

Post by SoupaVedg »

Hmm... Econo, you to be the autority on VW Beetles... Can you tell me what was the diff between the "Normal" Beetle and the Super Beetle? I mean, this one look like a Super to me, but you said Beetle, so I assume it's a "normal" one... Now, I'm confused... lol

[ August 30, 2002: Message edited by: SoupaVedg ]
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

the only noticeable differences on a super beetle are the trunk (on the front )which is more bulgy, and the headlights...which are further apart.

the other differences are:

-front suspension

-slightly more powerful engine

-dashboard

[ August 30, 2002: Message edited by: Econobrick ]
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

Thanks, I always thought the diff was that the super was larger and heavier than the normal beetle... Well, now I really know...

Thanks again...
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Nice Bug, Econo. I had a '69 Veedub. You did it justice.

The standard beetle had a 1200cc engine and the Super had a 1600cc engine- (I took a 1.6 out of a super and put it in my standard after I cracked the block one January on the NYS Thruway and hadda get towed 280 miles back home... See my previous post on how friggin' hard it is to flip a bug back onto it's wheels after you turn it upside-down to get the bottom motor mounts off..
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

Volkswagen rules!

If somebody disagrees this, I'm sorry for him/her, because that's just the truth, no matter what you have to say, so you all should be better to just accept the facts, because disagreeing would just show a huge lack of knowledge, and if someone is against this, don't tell it, because then you won't humiliate yourself, and people will still have some respect to you. Keep this in mind.

Ahem! Ahem! Just kidding, but VW still rules, honest!
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

I agree almost completely! (i don't really care much for VW's made after the 70's...but all VW's up to that point are awesome!)
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

C2 Scientist:

Volkswagen rules!
I feel sorry for you dude...
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

shut yer car hole!

now, if i could only figure this crush-data shit out!!

[ August 30, 2002: Message edited by: Econobrick ]
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Yay! Now that's pretty! feeling that!
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

Adr: Go ahead, although I wonder why.

Econo: I'd like to know, have you tried my VW Golf, which is on my site? (I don't mean it's very good, I'm just curious!)
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Econo, if ya happen to decipher that crush data-lemme know what ya find would ya? That shit so far is all hieroglyphics to me.. Like you, I know the numbers mean something-I just have no reference as to exactly what and where.

Far as VWs go- My '69 Bug was frickin' bulletproof. Go thru anything. With a piece of bicycle innertube stretched over the distributor cap and coil I could make that car swim!

And with the engine's weight over the rear wheels and that negative camber effect I never got stuck in snow once.

(Never needed snow tires either!)

I used to lo0ve chuggin' past stuck SUV's on the way up a big hill..

Who couldn't love a car that had a big lawnmower engine that you could change in 20 minutes. (Yeah, 4 bolts-couple cables and the motor hits the ground-then ya'd just pick up the car and roll it away over the motor ).

Throttle cable broke? No prob. just yank it out of it's tube and thread it around the side a the car and tie it to a stick and yank on it out the window to keep going.

Clutch cable broke? Same deal or just jam shift as the VW tranny shifts like butter at the right rpms.

No heat? Shit-Just set the contents of the trunk on fire- Contents burn out?-Just stop by a dumpster and reload..

What other car maker ever thought of a backup for everything?

[ September 01, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

these are just some of the reasons why i want a REAL one so bad!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeah, well I gotta start packin' these things up at a decent hour, I guess- I'll fix it and re-up it. Thanks for catching the error.

Wait'll ya see the next hog

Trouble with C2 is it doesn't know the difference between a car and a bike. I'm workin' on better physics. If ya happen upon a cure for that-lemme know. Oh, and BTW, Scientist- In reality choppers don't lean much at all. They sorta pivot on their back wheel- No knee-draggin' turns on a raked bike. Choppers are made more for straight-line cruising on highways-mucho comfy to kick yer feet up on the highway bars and lean back.

You try to take a high speed turn on a chop an' yer gonna find yerself the other way 'round or on yer ass right quick.

Ya wanna be a canyon racer-ride a bike with a stock steering head angle and short forks.

Also the Harleys sway a lot less when straight line traveling than previous attempts at C2 motorcycles-(Case in point-that goddamn unstable Ducatti which was the very first MC for C2. That thing would sway back and forth on the starting line.

Compared to that bike-mine are pretty stable.

You can stop that sway by tapping the brake slightly at speed or just letting off the throttle and not steering either direction for a second. (as you would correct a high-speed wobble on a real one.)

Now lessay we give Econo back his topic, eh?

[ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Vstar
pedestrian

Post by Vstar »

DUDE!

I love you now econo... you know that??

i own a 69 beetle myself. its got a 1600 in it.

i can supply any textures you need (using digital camera)

just tell me if you need any and i'll get them.

oh, and can you make a decent interior with high res textures and a working steering wheel? that would be awesome.

thanks again dude!

[ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: Vstar ]
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

luckily for you, i was planning to adapt it to c2 anyway (thus, putting a decent interior & trunk space...engine too!)

so, any pics you can provide for the c2 version's skin would be greatly appreciated!! send 'em to econobrick@polygonized.com
Vstar
pedestrian

Post by Vstar »

ok! can do!

i just have to borrow a digital camera from my school, so i SHOULD have them in a few days. i'll take some good high res ones of the dash, and some good ones of the wheels, i noticed those ones you have on the C1 version are pretty crap (no offence)
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

I have Econo's '51 Beetle, and I've made quite exact bounding shapes for it, and it looks funny when it flips on it's roof and start swinging around! (I made a DivX of that)

And DB: Nice Harley you've made! That new engine sound is a nice add-up, which we usually don't have in add-on cars. Another thing: You had set the 'Intrface'-folder wrong, which didn't go to the correct location. (But I got it right) And I made the bounding shapes more exact, so now it can lean more in turns. I just wish I could get rid of that unnecessary swinging on a straight line!
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

yeah they are pretty bad, but that's because carmageddon 1's color palette is a mere 256 colors so...
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeah, but remember when we wished to hell we could chuck new cars in the game (C1)? We've come a long way, baby
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

heh! true enough!

[ September 03, 2002: Message edited by: Econobrick ]
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

Only modifications I've downloaded for C1 were skins, a black skin for Kutter's car and a blue skin for Wanda's car. (Looked good at that time)

Anyway, I took a look at C1's car's textfile once, and one thing was useful there (I think): You could define the ride height of the car, which can't be done in C2. (But of course, it's possible by using PT2 to translate the model upwards)

Check who’s online