Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Started on a 64 Falcon

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
CWR
carcass

Started on a 64 Falcon

Post by CWR »

Still have to do a bit more with the geometry, then decide where to go thematically - probably stock, first. Reflective textures or bitmaps? Anybody interested in pitching in, or even making suggestions?

:smile:
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Re: Started on a 64 Falcon

Post by Harmalarm »

Sweet model! What's the polycount so far?

you could turn those side lanes into big knives... :tongue: Or extend the sides of the front, next to the headlights to turn them into blades. They already look like blades to me... Or do you want to keep it more realistic.

I'd say reflective textures, because the smoothing groups are pretty okay, aside from that little bug at the front.
neitron
hit n run

Post by neitron »

It's cool, cool... I see this beauty colored in dark brown and/or red. Brown seems very conventional for me for some reason... On the whole I dont't think it needs side blades, i'd place one in the moddle of the hood)
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Beautyful job! Bitmaps would be nice, then I can make it nice and trashy looking! As for colors, cant go wrong with black on one of those cars, with the side inserts in an ivory kinda color. Some nice whitewalls and wheelcovers and there you go. For the stock version anyways. Just checked a paint site, black isnt listed as a color for that year, here are the options (for stock anyways)

CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

It's currently at 7647 polys, but wheels are 400 each and the steering wheel's over-detailed. But I haven't separated out the doors and such out.

All of my post-game cars have been tame and normal - but I always authorize mods to be made. I really have no ideas for this as far as 'Carma-izing' it...

:crazy:
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Does that mean my 64 Fairlane wasn't black w/red trim from the factory? Huh. Anyways, I gotta research this to find my favorite trim and grill options before deciding on the actual year, so black may be an option; I prefer the 65 grill with the 64 side trim of chrome chevrons at the tail. This is an adaptation BTW if I didn't mention - this was posted as a drag racer version on Google sketchup; by the time I've finished I'll have changed every poly and re-mapped it, but just saying - it's not a ground-up original. I don't want undeserved credit, but I don't know who the original modeler was.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Remake of your 1998 or so classic?! Actually I can't remember if that was yours or not, I remember someone made one in black, with that 'chromey' deal that was all the rage back in the day. Look forward to it, and Alans junk skin of course!
Alan
Honkey

Post by Alan »

Puzzling! They had to have come black from the factory, here's an Ebay one (Buy It now price of 1500 CWR, go go go!!). It sure doesnt look like it's had a repaint (note original dealer's badge on the trunk lid).

And here's the auction with more pics:

1964 Falcon

But however you end up doing it, it will surely be kickass!

:thumbsup:
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Sweet hwh :P, A car from CWA tho thats great!, price of that dont seem too bad neather, i wanted a plymoth fury, and the cheapest i can find is at $2,000.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Yeah, they came in black - mostly with a red interior, ifs I remember correctly.
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

Yarr, thats because that scan out of a paint ship book is one page out of 3 or 4.

We used to have those when I worked for Painters Supply Canada (until they got bought out by CarQuest).

Anyways they were a distributer for PPG, so we had access to the chip books and database for mixing. They also list interior colours.

The oldest year I could find was 1936 in the database, the oldest in our books was 1985.
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Yeah, imagine a Ford you couldn't get in black! I heard that "any color as long as it's black" quote might be more urban legend than anything. Sorry, got caught up in modeling and lost track of time. Plus I'm also doing cars (not professionally - as an ordinary player) on Forza 2 and MC:LA. I did do that C2 Fairlane with the reflective technique some of us oldsters discovered.

I'm largely basing this car off the 1/24 scale Big Time 64 Falcon I bought offa da interweb.

Thing is, that stake onna side looks like a boardsword, even down to the blood channel/stiffening spine (called the fuller - like I knew that before seeing this)

But I dunno how to work that into a Carma thing. Just have a version with big sword handles stickin' out the tail lights while extending the points in the front? Why, thank you, enormous brain! It seems I have figured out how to Carma this bitch up whilst writing that sentence - there it is, thing of beauty - the creative process, ladies and gentlemen! A mystery to me as much as anybody...

:shock:
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Hey that's by Jada Toys! i got the whole 1:64 "For Sale" model line :eek: (and you can't get them in the stores here, got them through ebay :grin:)
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Looking over the posts again, I see you already suggested my 'brilliant idea' above. When I read your post, I didn't understand your concept, thinking you were saying to extend a blade horizonally from the center strake - I must have been stupid not to have understood your suggestion - more likely I was guilty of inattention. Sorry Harmalarm, excellent suggestions!

Here's the Falcon as I found it in SketchUp:

Here's what it currently looks like:

I've actually found a car, and better, a 3D model of said car, that resembles the Cleaver; and by extension, the Hawk, Eagle, and others in Carmageddon 1! Behold, the Maybach Exelero!

and they cars it resembles:

I hope Carmageddon wasn't really predicting the future...gulp...
R66C
hit n run

Post by R66C »

Hey, CWR, This Falcon you found looks like GT Legends one - looks very similar to it, dunno who's post it on SketchUp. I can send ya' original model in Z3D format or even in GTL/RF .GMT's, with skin templates and other stuff, if ya' wish.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I thought the Cleaver was based on a Dodge Viper, or am i mistaken?
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Yeah! Skin templates or even just the texture jpgs would be great - it's somewhere in the sketchup file but I dunno how to extract it. Plus I've changed the geometry so much (though it doesn't look it) that the templates prolly wouldn't line up any more...
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

I think that the Eagle, Cleaver and Hawk were all loosely based on Frankenstein's car in Death Race 2000, and they just put different cockpits on the same fender geometry. As far as I know, the huge sucess of the game was unanticipated - meaning they weren't poring over their designs with thoughts that fans would still be obsessing over these creations 13 years later.

R66C
hit n run

Post by R66C »

Here we go: http://rapidshare.com/files/201115869/Falcon.rar.html - contains objects in Zanoza Modeler 1/2, DDS textures, and PSD templates

BTW, I even converted this Falcon by myself to Mafia sometime ago:

Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Very nice
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Thank you! Finishing this still hasn't reached the top of my to-do list, I had a bit of computer problems and things are only now just getting back to normal again. :yingyang:
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

...aaannndd now my PC's FUBAR again. Until it is fixxored I'll be playing with the MC:LA DLC some shots of the Riviera:

There's a 55 Belair, but it's a lowrider rather than a musclecar, so I can't make Chromegod:

A callback to one of my first C1 skins:

:grin:
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

What a show-off. :smile:
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Here's my re-interpretation of the Blood Riviera texture from the game - I didn't make the textures used in the game on the cars I made - My add on skin was just making it look like a stock Riviera with a dark blue paintjob...despite it being practically my favorite car ever, I've never had any cool ideas for paint schemes.

Here's a previous one that scored a lot higher on Rate My Ride

I couldn't reproduce the original in MC:LA so I had to 'reimagine' it :crazy: I got my reasons *cough*excuses*cough*

Oh, here's Otis (sorta)

TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

I dig those Carma cars there man, wish i had some time again and motivation to start such a project again..

In Forza 2 (you know it i've seen you play it..that vinyl applier shop in Forza 2 is much the same in MC:LA) i made these (the real equilevant is below it with an indication):

The Mclaren Formula 1

REAL (McLaren MP4/3 to 7)

Benetton Murcielago

REAL (a skin from GTR2)

Martini Porsche

REAL

Shell F40

REAL (a HotWheels Ferrari collective)

Stratos

REAL

2000GT

REAL

Fairlady

REAL

Focus

REAL

300SL

REAL

Quattro (not done yet duh)

REAL

CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

I think I have finally made a decent remake of Dan Dead's Blood Riviera:

Image :grin:

BTW here's some Carmageddon cars I've made in MC:LA

CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

I'll continue on the Falcon after I meet Monday's deadline for an art job - meanwhile, more action shots:

CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Okay, I've started working on the model again - the main body without any parts seperated out yet is 2544, and each wheel is 232; steering wheel is still 306. I've got 2 different engine/drivetrain/exhaust systems in there now, so when that choice is made it will be smaller still. Right now it's at 8171 polys (not quads) - so what should I be aiming for, polycount-wise? I've pretty much got the shape down to the flavor I'm looking for, so now's the time to get the specs reasonable...
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

10 or 11k would be good for polycount. After that performance starts to suffer for some.

The converted NFS cars are 17k+ buts that's really pushing it, especailly if you have a few onscreen at the same time.
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Cool. Back ta woirk!

:sleep:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

LOL! ya, but CWR's alreadyat 8k+ so there's a driver, engine and interior junk to go in, I think
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

Actually the 8K+ is with engine and interior, just not the driver. Here's the the latest WIP - I'll have an updated poly count when I've finished more modeling:

Later I'll go in and remove my big pics to speed the thread...
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Very nice model there CWR.
CWR
carcass

Post by CWR »

All the gaps closed but W/O a driver yet, it's 8025 faces and 5180 vertices - I'm going to divide it up a bit more so reflective textures can be used...

:yingyang:

Check who’s online