Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Buildings!

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Buildings!

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Ive been thinking, sometimes i just make buildings and stuff in skechup when im bored. and it seams more people are trying to make map now days than we used to have, and on gta site i used to be at we had a part for buildings you download and import. some people are good at map layouts but dont like makin buildings.. eh.

So who wants to host some prefab?, ill get pics soon im still workin on stuff, here opens a door to easyer map making,

least i thought it might be an idea.. so people can upload an all..
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: Buildings!

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Hers the pics,

Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Sweet! I love that idea. I was kinda thinking about trying map making once again. Having prefab buildings to add in would definitely make it easier. Besides, I think these buildings are really well done. Great work!
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

If you want to share SketchUp models there's the Google 3D Warehouse a lot more people will see them there.

But if these are being made for C2, then there's other questions like what format would they be in,

what scale, and have they been tested ingame?

p.s. why are you giving away the buildings you made for me, before I even release the new map? :crazy:
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

er... er.. Yeah thats a good idae.. seein as i dont know how to convert them..
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

I can add a SketchUp Catergory @ Wasted! if you wish so you peeps can upload anything sketchup related... if that helps?
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Ave added a catergory to the download database, feel free to upload and add if nessecary, if it doesnt get used, well it doesnt get used but its there incase you peeps want to use it :wink:

http://wasted.polygonized.com/downloads/index.php

coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Cool, thanks.

I just uploaded 2 for starters. I'll have more after I release my next map.
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Damn nice. I used to get bored way too easily when creating levels (never finished a big one due to the same thing)... Oh I have to hurry in gettin' my new compy...
PumaY2K out.

Oblivion
turbo bastard

Post by Oblivion »

Nice stuff!

I might upload a few aswell. Just a bit curious, what size are we talking about? Real time length-units?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

I like to use the Google real world measurements. That way you can use the "Look Around"

and "Walk Through" tools to go down into the level while you're working on it and get a sense

of what it'll be like in-game.

When it finally gets into PT2 I bring it down to Carma-size by scaling the whole thing by .004 (1/250th)

Check who’s online