Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Preprocessing tracks with wide noncars/smashables

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
cesm20
turbo bastard

Preprocessing tracks with wide noncars/smashables

Post by cesm20 »

Finally i found the solution for the problem that i descrived in my other thread named "another pt2 bug discovered..." : now i understand why big horizontal objects make plaything2 crash when preprocessing the track : it's because they can't be bigger than the size of those columns that the preprocessing creates, if not Pt2 crashes when preprocessing.

So actually it's not a good idea making a smashable/noncar with it's width and length (altough the height as no problem) near the size of half the track for example. Because when preprocessing the track we have to choose values lower than 16x16 if pt2 crashes with those objects, altough it's better keep those values as high as possible until it doesn't make pt2 crash, because the lower is the number of columns, the longer it takes carma2 to load the track when we are going to play it, specially in big tracks... In the other way, choosing too many columns creates too many 3d models, triggering the limitation of carma2 about the shortage of actor/model slots...

By the way it seems there isn't this limitation for the Y axis, since the columns are only two dimensions (x z), so i think that vertically the objects can be as big as we want, i think.

One of the main uses of this 'discovery' is making big buildings as smashables (for using in explosions for example), probably someone already tried to make big smashables and couldn't because of this crash that Pt2 does, or maybe such persons already figured out that reducing the number of columns fixes this problem...

Check who’s online