Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Workin' doors, camera and steering wheel

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Workin' doors, camera and steering wheel

Post by SoupaVedg »

Ok, could someone explain me how to do workin' door, cuz I didn't quite get that... That would help a lot, as I have already finished skinning the Tow Meister and I want some workin' doors on that car... I would like to know how you guys are able to place the cameras where you want. And last, how the workin' steering wheel work?

Ok, I know that a bunch of questions, but I don't ask things too often... Please help.
SoupaVedg! The only super hero who have Soup in his name!
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Re: Workin' doors, camera and steering wheel

Post by random_monkey »

[quote=working doors...]

1) Open up your cars dat file in cared, and select the door...

2) using the point selection thing (the left/right arrows) select two points on the door where the hinges would be... on a normal car, usually next to each other along a straight line - as to avoid weird openings...

3) select another point on the outside of the door again, but on the bit that moves the furthest when the door opens (near the handle, basically)...

4) in the cars wam file you you should change the doors data thing to something like this:

RDOOR // actor

normal // Softness

flap // Crush type

45 // Hinge point 0

46 // Hinge point 1

47 // Hinge point 2

1 // Kev-o-flap?

normal // Ease of flap

box // shape

just paste that in....

the number 45 is where on of the 'hinge' points go

46 is another hinge point...

the 3rd number (47) is the point near the handle bit on the door....

Kev-o-flap should be 1, which means it opens when you press Enter... if you were to have it 0, it would just flap when the car got damaged...

[/quote]

[quote=Placing the camera's where you want...]this is really simple, just plot a point where you want the cockpit camera, and select it - then in the other window, it will show you the x,y and z coordinates of it, just put these coordinates at the bottom of the txt file, in the right place

then do the same for the bumper position...

both of these camera's can be placed anywhere in relation to the car, but will always point forward with the car, so some cool positions are possible, such as next to a wheel - or looking through a gap in the grill or something[/quote]

With regards to a working steeringwheel, there was a post about it not long back, see if you can dig it out or search for it...
random_monkey
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

Thanks, RM... I'll try all of those... And yeah I remember that post now that you mentionned it... I shall look for it. Thanks again!
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

The doors work now... But when I open 'em, the door's exterior texture change to their interiors ones... Is it because when I made the interior of the doors, I copied the exterior polys and turned 'em on the other way (so they face the interior)?
SoupaVedg
motorised death

Post by SoupaVedg »

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure 'bout it... Well, seem I have a little more modelin' to do...
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

that's because the inside of the door is flat against the outside (only has 2 deminsions: width & length....no depth). what i do is make it so the inside part is connected to the outside, but isn't flat against it (this way the textures don't show through each other).

Check who’s online