Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

TWIN PEAKS (TWIN SHRIEKS) Intro with Carmageddon 2

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Eviron
hit n run

Post by Eviron »

Hey guys, didn't want to open a single topic for this but I couldn't find a general video-collecting thread for Carmageddon 2. If I've overlooked one doing browsing and searching I'm very sorry. :/

Anyways, rewatching the first 2 seasons of Twin Peaks at the moment I remembered the great nod Stainless made to it with this one level in Carmageddon 2 and went in there to shoot footage fitting the elements of the original (short version) opening-sequence, trying to time it as close as possible like in the real intro. :) This is the result:

What I'm not really happy about and might add at some point is the missing pan down the waterfall which makes it overall less dynamic. And there were no birds or circular saws to be found. ^^ For comparison as some might not know TP at all or don't have it in front of their eyes anymore, the template:

Epitaph
motorised death

Post by Epitaph »

DAMN! After watching both seasons for the 2nd time (in preparation for S3), i laughed so hard when i saw the TWIN SHRIEKS with the same typeset in letters.

Nicely done!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Genious!
Eviron
hit n run

Post by Eviron »

Thank you Czech and Epitaph! :) Very happy about your words and that I even could make you laugh with this. ^_^

Started with Season 3 now two days ago, have to admit I was hell confused during the first 2 episodes and didn't know what to think of it or wether I even wanted to continue watching, but it then got clearer (somewhat...) and the old feeling returned. Can't wait for episode 5 and following. *-*

Also discovered something in Beaver Woods that might be old and known to most on here but I saw it for the first time while taking pictures with the free-cam and grinned so hard. Stainless Games, hiding C*nts in games since 1997. xD

Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Haha, this is brilliant! Great job.

Love me some Twin Peaks, not sure what I make of the new series as of yet though, seems very much like your typical David Lynch everything has to be a metaphor for something else bullshit, hopefully it gets better.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Eviron
hit n run

Post by Eviron »

Thanks a lot Razor! :)

Was unsure how many people around here even know of and dig Twin Peaks but it's great to see it has some fans. I was VERY late to the party, watching it last year or the year before for the first time after playing and loving games that heavily borrowed from or referenced it (Deadly Premonition, Life is Strange) as I heard. For me the stuff in the new season feels fresh and creative because any Lynch movie has yet to be seen... x_x No idea how his works went so much under the radar for me but I've always been kinda slow and unsteady when it comes to watching and keeping up with films and series.

How's your opinion after the sixth episode? Has it changed (either way)? I'm dying a little inside each time the credits roll and can't wait for the continuation.

Also (sorry for the wall of text this time :O) does anyone know a reliable program to make SMK - Smack Video File - videos from AVI, MPEG etc. so this could be used as a C2-Intro? Toshiba made this suggestion in the YT comments but my Editing-Program doesn't support exporting to this and searching myself also didn't spit out any useful stuff. :/
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I'm currently watching Twin Peaks for the first time, going through season two at the moment. Awesome show.

About Smacker video, you need the old Smaker tools suite, you can download them here https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R4/PC/smacker.zip
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Eviron
hit n run

Post by Eviron »

Nice. :) Enjoy the rest of it! That first run is both exciting and confusing as hell. :D

Should have asked you there in the first place. xD Thanks! It's converting right now. Just need to figure out where to share this if it works. All you people with sites and webspace feel free to host it once it's out. It's ~21 MB in size.

"mix_intr.smk" in "CUTSCENE" folder needs to be replaced I assume?

Check who’s online