Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

How to play Carmageddon 2 with more than 5 AI cars

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
DEHUMANIZER95
pedestrian

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

This thread is based on something I've discovered back in 2010. It is acutally possible to play Carmageddon 2 with more than 5 AI cars in the Singleplayer, just by editing the DATA.twt file in the data folder of C2.

And here's how I've done it back then:

1.) open DATA.twt with the texteditor and scroll through it

2.) you should find something like this:

// DEFAULT PARAMETERS

5 // Default number of opponents in first race

11 // Default number of opponents in last race

0.5,3 // Softness,hardest rank of opponents in first race

3,6 // Softness,hardest rank of opponents in last race

0.8 // Opponent nastiness influencer for first race

5 // Opponent nastiness influencer for last race

3.) Edit the value of "Default number of opponents in first race" up to 21 for example and the value of "Default number of opponents in last race" to 27

4.) Save the file and congrats: you now play C2 with 21 AI drivers on one track which can be even more chaotic! (EDIT: You can also choose another value if that's too chaotic for you!)

I'd recommend to download and import cars because otherwise you have the same car more than one time on a track

BTW: you can also change the values of the powerups in that file, e.g. remove the time limit for the electro ray to make it an permanent powerup
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I'll add some details:

Instead of editing DATA.TWT with a text editor, just extract its content. To achieve this simply download Carstockalypse, put it in the C2 root folder and run it once. It'll extract the content of DATA.TWT and rename the original file. Then you can go on with editing RACES.TXT and other files like POWERUP.TXT.

The limit of AI cars is 29. Pay attention that the amount of crush datas generated by this many opponents (especially if you have a lot of recent addon cars) can make the game unstable (I mean, more unstable). Car windows (and other transparent elements) will also tend to disappear when too many opponents are onscreen.

Don't change the default numbers of opponents, some races like USS Lewinsky don't go well with too many opponents. In RACES.TXT you can change the number of opponents separately for each race entry, this is more convenient.

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

WOOOW =D that looks amazin!

Check who’s online