Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Cant set keys to WASD in C2, and the sound went out

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
The Unbreakable Kavinsky
driver

Post by The Unbreakable Kavinsky »

Okay I just bought Carmageddon Reincarnation early access on steam finally, as its on sale for 40% off

and I installed Carma 2 first, as I had only played the hell out of the demo with that one, and it was one of my first and while the game started and played fine, which didnt happen with Interstate 76 on GOG,

I cant seem to set the keys to my preferred ones, as the only one that stuck was the A key for throttle, and everytime I tried to set throttle to the W key it kept making a far noise like sound

and theres no graphical options for the resolution in the game, the sound crapped out randomly and the game crashed on exit, apparently a common problem with the last two.

something to do with the glide wrapper

do I have to go into a config file to get it to bind the movement keys to WASD?

Additional: it seemed like the sound went out while I was ingame, trying to figure out how to bind the keys to my liking in the menu, like the sounds there were conflicting, but if I didnt stick into the menu's for too long while ingame it seemed to be fine.

and I'm wondering if maybe it was an issue with the music conflicting with the menu sounds, as it failed when it changed songs

but the game does work nontheless, something I cant say for interstate 76' over at GOG when I tired it years ago. and it does feels good to be back in the saddle after all this time.

and thanks for the .25 cent trading card too lol
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

There are simple answers to your problems, really:

a) S cannot be bound, because...

b) S toggles the sound.

At least the sound problem has an easy solution! But I guess you'll have to stick with RDFG for driving instead. Or WAXD.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
The Unbreakable Kavinsky
driver

you gotta be kidding me lol that figures, yes lets bind one of the key movements to something other than WASD lol

well atleast theres a simple answer.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Bind the things to the numpad, "duh?"
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

Pretty sure Kavinsky wants to use the left hand, Benny.

Anyway, remember that these were older times. WASD wasn't really THAT commonplace, and thinking of WASD in a racing game was like heresy! At least rest easy knowing Reincarnation does allow WASD-mapping.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Espyo wrote:Pretty sure Kavinsky wants to use the left hand, Benny.

Anyway, remember that these were older times. WASD wasn't really THAT commonplace, and thinking of WASD in a racing game was like heresy! At least rest easy knowing Reincarnation does allow WASD-mapping.

Mmm, but the problem was mostly for me when I played TDR and using the rearview mirror. I don't like that it doesn't allow steering in a direction while accelerating or decelerating, at least when it's because of my Deltaco USB Keyboard.

Need for Speed: World locked the controls to WASD and the arrow keys, instead of allowing me to configure things myself like NFS Undercover did...and I'm afraid that Free-to-Play game is dying because Electronic Arts just doesn't care about pleasing the customers and players who want things fair, instead of Pay 2 Win where people spend Boost to get the "noob" cars.
The Unbreakable Kavinsky
driver

yeah it was just a little bit out of left field, as I have been using gmod for my car fix for awhile. Which had those keys controlling the car and the mouse being used for purely for camera control

although I have gotten used to it now, but even then the funny thing is I've been playing carma 1 a hell of alot more now than C2, as well the satellite mission, while challenging kind of seemed to unbalance it abit, like the missions are hard, but the actual races are easy peasey, just crash and survive.

no need to build up atleast 40,000 points or anything for the next rank like in C1

although I did yell Yes like fricking M bison when I beat that fucking mission, as I am one of the few people who had the patience to go through with the No one lives forever sneaking missions with no saves on the PS2 version, and trust me that was not easy, but it was incredibly satisfying to beat a game with the deck stacked against you like that.

plus not having a normal map that can go full screen when you hit tab, as to see where all of the opponents are is really fricking annoying, when your trying to find and kill those bloody bastards, although I havent played C2 in the past couple of days to double check if the tab works the same way it did in C1

and also what I do in C1 to quickly whip the camera around so I can see whats infront of me, is to just switch to the cockpit camera, rather than fiddling around with the directional arrows.

although it seems to slow it down, like maybe the rear view mirror was properly optimized with the good old games release, so I'm going to turn that off the next time I get in the game.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online