Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carma 2 (Android) An Idea

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
hypokill
pedestrian

Post by hypokill »

Hello all

been coming here everyday since i found out carmageddon is getting an android release. Which i can't wait to get my hands on! I played so much carmageddon when i was younger one of my fav games of all time. Can't wait to play it anywhere i go! Anyway i finally decided to sign up as i have to ask two things about the carma 2 possible android release. The first question is will it be modable? I personally have only played carma 2 with the seduction of destruction mod. Which as a banger racing fan this is one of my all time fav games so to be able to play this again (playing games on my laptop is a chore so i don't bother now) would be well the ultimate thing to happen. Carma and sod. All the gaming i would need on the go! Ok so this brings me onto my second question if it is modable will you please (omg it would be the best thing ever) add a setting to the txt docs to adjust the Ai from smaahing to racing! As a banger game that was the only let down. The AI don't give a damn about racing. Great for carma not great for bangers. This is all i want. That one setting is what i have dreamed about for so long! Either way i hope the devs read this. Also ofcoarse great work all these years.

Cheers
macacom
turbo bastard

Post by macacom »

Hey, dude! Welcome to the forums.

There is a possibility that Carma 2 will come to android, devs already said. But first they'll see how Carma 1 goes.

And I think it's too early to ask about the modding on C2, 'cause it'll probably come to life (we all hope so), but some time in the future.
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda
hypokill
pedestrian

Post by hypokill »

I know its a bit early. Just want to get the idea out there. If the source code is going to be opened up again and worked on for an android release then one little setting being added wouldn't hurt? It would potentially change the whole way the game is played.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

They aren't fiddling with any old source code or wathever.

They took the C1 assets and put them in their new game engine, ported to Mobile platforms. They could do the same with C2 assets I guess, they would have to rig peds again I suppose.

Your question about it being moddable is a bit early. Technically everything is moddable :) But is it really pratical to actually mod mobile games? Also the file format of the ported assets are different from before, existing tools can't open/edit/save these.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
hypokill
pedestrian

Post by hypokill »

Oh right. My bad had not thought about them using a different engine. Ofcoarse that makes sense... I jumped the gun alittle and thought of what rockstar did with their gta III android release, all files are the same and modifiable. Though this is very exciting. I though the android version would have been the original with a higher resolution. Whole different engine though! Didn't cross my mind... Though this sounds very interesting! If it's modifiable then carma one android could even be a great candidate for a banger racing mod. Come to think of it the android version vid had some nice crumpeling i didn't remember the original having. Modifiable or not i can't wait to play the first again!
FlamesoFF
pedestrian

Post by FlamesoFF »

If it will be released on android I'll buy it instantly! :)
CORPSE PARTY
driver

Post by CORPSE PARTY »

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 just for carmageddon (not lying here) This game is a legacy. I grew up playing carma using a bootable DOS disk as far as I remember. I hope I'm not the only old fart here 30's XD

Oh yes, I hope they port carma2 for android, there will be so much blood <3

If I hit the lottery, ill support every idea and resources needed for stainless. I wish :P
Su
pedestrian

Post by Su »

CORPSE PARTY wrote:I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 just for carmageddon (not lying here)
That's harsh as in Chelyabinsk! =D

Carmageddon 1 for android is splendid! All from childhood without any "emulate old os to play shit" (= Carmageddon 2 ported just like first would be splendid x 2! (:

Bought tracks and cars in game after completed first time just as respect to old game and to motivate further steps in this development. Hovewer it is treasure that in-game purchases are optional and you can get all bonuses without that (;

Thanks!
Ubiquitous Umberto
mechanic

Post by Ubiquitous Umberto »

I sincerely hope that Carma II comes out soon for Android - it is still my favorite racing game of all time, and being able to take it on the go would be a dream come true.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

Ubiquitous Umberto wrote:I sincerely hope that Carma II comes out soon for Android - it is still my favorite racing game of all time, and being able to take it on the go would be a dream come true.

If that'd ever happen (most unlikely), it'd require everything that couldn't be fixed before deadline in 1998 to be fixed. An example; Ron Dumpster who crashes when you try to use his Digga
Classicfan
pedestrian

Post by Classicfan »

This is my favorite Device to play carmageddon on I play anywhere I want and when I get home I can put a hdi cord in and play on the tv so I really want the carma 2 I would pay $30 for it without even blinking. I live in a world that is constanlty on the go if I can't put it in my pocket and go I never use it. I have a Wii that was bought years ago And i have turned it on 8 times since I owned it. had an xbox one never played it got rid of it. if it don't slip in my pocket it is not worth my time. Would someone port carma 2 please. add key map function for external bluetooth remotes or not.

Check who’s online