Is it possible to make an unstoppable car?

Discussing, modding and troubleshooting the greatest unfinished sequel ever!
HaveANiceDay
pedestrian

Is it possible to make an unstoppable car?

Post by HaveANiceDay »

I think of making the bus from Speed (I saw Econobrick's model) always accelerating or at least with no brakes (txt editing doesn't turn the brakes off)

P.S.: off-topic, but it's interesting that another car with zero speed parameters can't be moved by the player but AI drive it quite well
Toshiba-3
アルカリ (単3形)

Re: Is it possible to make an unstoppable car?

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I don't think it's possible, IIRC it's been tested several times in the past :investigate:
What have you tried so far? You can check C2S' physics tutorial for more insight: https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R4/TUT/PhysTut/
Gave it a quick try, nullifying brakes etc. Tested negative value too. To no avail.
Closest you can get is a very heavy bus with very poor brakes and a lot of acceleration.

Sadly, there's no leadfoot (always accelerating) powerup in C2, and AFAIK no way to create one.
And yes, AI physics are taken over by the game. Though I think Maxine had a way to work around this? In her Truck Me mod.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I mean RIKUSYO's BIGHAMMER was pretty unstoppable, that's a fact!
image_2022-04-01_220228.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
HaveANiceDay
pedestrian

Post by HaveANiceDay »

Thank you. I have one more idea of the most true movie car: relentlessly heavy and unable to survive a single hit

And yeah, Rikusyo's cars sure are cruel)