Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Old japanese tools for... CarEd ?!

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Old japanese tools for... CarEd ?!

Post by Toshiba-3 »

While importing archived discussions from the japanese Carma community, I checked this site again
(www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Denei/5259/) and it turns out the files section features a couple of tools for CarEd, besides the flying Max addon, dating back to 2001..!

Firstly there's an ASC-to-OBJ converter, coming with a manual (in japanese ofcourse) (program is in english).
Back then, people were really reluctant to use PT2, and as CarEd can only import BRender DAT files, this little tool could have made it really easier for modders to import their models into CarEd for compiling (would have had to keep in mind how CarEd only supports planar mapping and one material per component though).
cared.gif
cared.gif (24.54 KiB) Viewed 622 times
noroi.gif
noroi.gif (42.21 KiB) Viewed 622 times

The second tool is a CarEd OBJ export plugin for japanese 3D modelling program Metasequoia, for a version from 2001 though I guess. I think it exports one component at the time? Still very nice once again, as back then there was only a BRender DAT plugin for 3ds Max R2.
Readme:
CarED形式OBJファイル出力プラグイン

メタセコイアのCarED形式OBJファイルを保存できるプラグインです。
カーマゲ車作成にはStudioMAXのプラグインしかないのでとりあえず作りました。
マルチフレームは対応してません。だからパーツ作成用です。
また、ポリゴンを増やしすぎるとCarEdでの編集が重くなります。

ヘルプのプラグインについてよりインストールしてください。
CarED format OBJ file output plug-in

This is a plug-in that can save the CarED format OBJ file from Metasequoia.
Since there is only a 3DStudioMAX plug-in to create Carmageddon cars, I made this for the time being.
Multi-object is not supported. That's why it's for making parts.
Also, if you increase the number of polygons too much, editing with CarEd will be heavy.

Please install to get more help about the plugin.

Both tools are kinda obsolete now ofcourse, but had we known about these 20 years ago, they could have made modding a bit easier :slol:

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: Old japanese tools for... CarEd ?!

Post by Razor »

:o

This is crazy! It's fascinating that things like this can still be found, despite not being hidden.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk

Check who’s online