Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

XnView 1.97.7

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

XnView 1.97.7

Post by Toshiba-3 »

XnView 1.97.7

XnView has just been updated!
This powerful image viewer and converter is able to browse through C2 PIX files easily and displays them as well as it converts them to another format.
Some months ago I got in touch with its author to improve the BRender PIX format support. The latest version now supports both textures with an alpha channel and those without it, and the glitch occuring with 256*256 and higher textures is also gone. However there is still no support for said alpha channels, meaning they can't be exported back to a tiff file or another format.
The old XnView (available on RR2000) is thus still useful to have a look at fonts for example (empty RGB channel, but the alpha channel is used).
Also this is ofcourse only for 16bit pix files, not 8bit ones.

Anyway, get the latest XnView here.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
hazardic
motorised death

XnView 1.97.7

Post by hazardic »

good news everyone!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

XnView 1.97.7

Post by Razor »

You'd think they would have at least fixed the Alpha channel situation by now.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
juozas
hit n run

XnView 1.97.7

Post by juozas »

Well that's a good news, and its a way great progress ahead. Just thy better would end if transparency (alpha chanels) and palletes on some files would be supported corretcly then it would be nice :D
Сделано в СССР
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

XnView 1.97.7

Post by Harmalarm »

I actually thought XNview would have been abandonware by now, but guess not. Nice to see he still works on updates for us. :)

I've been away for a little while lately. Very busy with moving to a new place, working on the house. The lack of time and internet are a real bummer, but I will be back and active soon with some exciting new little projects. Still checking devWAM daily at work! :)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

XnView 1.97.7

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Oh, no XnView isn't abandonware at all, it's still under very active development (by only guy!).

And yeah no hurry getting back here too fast, IRL priorities first sir! (looking forward for these projects of yours though)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online